The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Pick 2 albums that represent Stevie at her very best!
'75 Fleetwood Mac 20 25.00%
Rumours 56 70.00%
Tusk 64 80.00%
Mirage 9 11.25%
Tango in the Night 2 2.50%
Behind the Mask (including all Post-Rumours) 3 3.75%
Say You Will 15 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I went with Rumours - the obvious; and Mirage, the underdog (compared to Tusk).
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going with Rumours and Tusk.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't wait for the respective polls of Lindsey and Christine. I suspect Lindsey will get similar results, but Christine's may be a surprise.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Can't wait for the respective polls of Lindsey and Christine. I suspect Lindsey will get similar results, but Christine's may be a surprise.
however spectacular SHN and GYOW are (and MM, ISA, and NGBA and not half bad either ), if you look at the body of work / overall creativity Lindsey was at his peak for Tusk and then again for SYW (well SYW peak was really in the late 90s).

and then again now, which started somewhere in 2010.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Up front, I'm not a huge fan of some of Lindsey's work on SYW (Murrow Turning Over In His Grave...umm...ok), but the Stevie songs are some of her better recent work. I'd listen to these again before I pop in IYD on the whole. Silver Girl is the lone dud for me. Destiny Rules, Say You Will, and Thrown Down are great. Don't get the griping over Smile At You. Still a good track even if it isn't the demo version. Won't bother saying why Tusk is my other choice as it has been covered by everyone else.
That pretty much sums up my choices and explanations too.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
however spectacular SHN and GYOW are (and MM, ISA, and NGBA and not half bad either ), if you look at the body of work / overall creativity Lindsey was at his peak for Tusk and then again for SYW (well SYW peak was really in the late 90s).

and then again now, which started somewhere in 2010.
Well, now you won't have anything left to say when the poll starts.

Michele
Old 05-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Ledgie

Went for Rumours and Tusk as they are the only two Mac albums I've given a good proper listen. Dreams and Gold Dust Woman are my all-time favourite Mac/Stevie songs that mean a lot to me; they got me through a tough, emotionally draining period in my life, when an old "friend" of mine returned and started making me feel like crap because of the argument we had that ended our friendship and what I'd apparently said afterwards. The lyrics describe the situation in so many ways - wanting to end it (Dreams) and remembering constantly (GDW). Silver Springs makes me tear up every time I hear it, and Stevie's songs on Rumours as a whole are perfection.

The Tusk songs are simply fantastic - the amount of times I've had "Angel" and "Sara" on in a loop is ridiculous. "Sisters of the Moon" just gives me the shivers; I remember listening to the song on vinyl, through HD quality headphones ans almost crying due to the depth and power of the song. "Storms" and "Beautiful Child" are other teary-eyed ones. Ever since, Stevie is my favourite member and lyricist of FM. Lindsey is great, but I don't connect with his songs as well as Stevie's. I'm not too fussy on Chris's songs (don't shoot me I'm sorry!!); I've always found them to be gushy, although there are a few I really like (Everywhere, Warm Ways, You Make Loving Fun, Say You Love Me). I will confess that Songbird is my least favourite FM song. *takes cover from the flying tomatoes*
Old 05-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwoundDreams View Post
I will confess that Songbird is my least favourite FM song. *takes cover from the flying tomatoes*
I'm not a particular Songbird fan. I like what the song represents and, for that reason, love to have it at the end of the concert. But I'm not sitting around listening to Songbird at home, that's for sure.

Michele
Old 05-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm not a particular Songbird fan. I like what the song represents and, for that reason, love to have it at the end of the concert. But I'm not sitting around listening to Songbird at home, that's for sure.

Michele
I feel the same. I don't hate the song or anything but I don't go out of my way to listen to it.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel the same. I don't hate the song or anything but I don't go out of my way to listen to it.
I love Songbird, but Christine's shining moment opens Tusk with the lush and stunning Over and Over.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hey we agree!!?!?

i'm with you on almost every word... what's the world coming to?!
OMG! I think that's twice this year!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk got 64 votes and Rumours got 56 votes. I do find it interesting that as much as Rumours gets a somewhat negative reaction from the Ledge, it did outstandingly well in this poll. But Ledge consensus is that Stevie's best Fleetwood Mac work was on Rumours and Tusk.

I didn't plan to do corresponding polls, but apparently my polls/contest are infamous here on the Ledge so I will continue them for Lindsey, Christine and maybe even the Pre-Rumours gang, if anybody on that forum would be interested!

Christine was on 12 studio albums - 5 Pre-Rumours, 5 Rumours, and 2 Post-Rumours. I'll need to combine some albums.

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 05-31-2013 at 03:46 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I love Songbird, but Christine's shining moment opens Tusk with the lush and stunning Over and Over.
YES!! Totally agree!
Closed Thread