Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Shailene Woodley wants to Play Stevie in a Movie

Rock'n role! Shailene Woodley reveals she wants to play Stevie Nicks as she strips down to a sexy but sporty swimsuit
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-swimsuit.html

ByChelsea White, Daily Mail UK June 17, 2014

Shailene Woodley is booked to star in films until 2017, but the actress has her eye on her next project already.

Starring on the cover of Women's Health, the 22-year-old revealed she wants to play music legend Stevie Nicks.

She told the magazine that being the Fleetwood Mac front woman would be her dream role: 'She’s just such a fascinating woman who’s lived such a life and is still living such a life.

'Her music was really profound for me in my life. Yeah I think it’d be an adventure to play Stevie Nicks.

Inspiration: The 22-year-old says the singer, pictured 1989, lives her life being an individual and that is what she admires

'I love that there is no other Stevie Nicks in this world. She is so fully herself, and undividedly herself.

'That in itself is such a powerful lesson to take in and be like, ''wow.'' No one is going to be the next Stevie Nicks and Stevie Nicks was not the next anyone.

'And I think that’s such beautiful advice for all of us. You do you, we do we. She does she in such a beautiful way.'

The Divergent star says she would also like to sing in a film with her eye on a role in a film like Irish movie Once.

'I think it’d be great to sing in a film. I love to sing. I guess another dream movie would be a movie like Once. It’s so romantic and sensual and musical but doesn’t feel like a musical necessarily.'

Shailene currently stars in romantic drama The Fault In Our Stars as a young cancer sufferer who finds love but is also signed on to a four movie deal for sci-fi thriller, the Divergent series.

The action packed dystopian future flick sees the 22-year-old put through her paces, which she clearly relishes: 'I guess I’m proud that I’m very fit. I’m really proud of my ability to be fit or stay fit and honour my body in that way.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz34xkvnUIV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 06-18-2014, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oh hell NO.
sorry, not a fan at all.
Stevie should choose
and not someone who says they want the role
they need to be an unknown
Old 06-18-2014, 03:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

I agree with you 100 percent. Get an unknown and Stevie should not have a say at all. She wanted Reese Witherspoon to play her for crying out loud.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like SW as Stevie! She was wonderful in The Fault in Our Stars. I think it's exciting too that such a young girl is so appreciative of Stevie's uniqueness and individualism. If all the kids who are Divergent and TFiOS fans became fans of Stevie and FM, that could be huge for the band.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's a compliment.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Who's that.................

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I love it when the media picks the absolute worst pictures of Stevie to reference.

Regarding Shailene... all I know her from is The Descendants. While I thought it was a great movie, all of the characters were all a bit stilted & 1 dimensional. So I can't really base any sort of impressions of her abilities from that one.

I've recently come to the conclusion that we all probably overthink this whole 'who would play Stevie?' thing. Stevie is a relatively straight forward person to portray. She generally says what she thinks, speaks pretty plainly, and you can read her emotions quite easily.

Someone like Christine would be much tougher, though. You'd need an actor with a high level of restraint, and that's much tougher to find. Which is why I've mourned the Dennis Wilson movie being shelved- Vera Farmiga is one of the best actors of her generation, and could have absolutely done Christine justice.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To look at the money aspects of a Stevie movie.They probably could not afford a top payed actress to play Stevie.They can get an unknown to play the roll for a cheap paycheck.Also as we know Stevie is one of those underrated artists not like Madonna,Beatles,Elvis or Cher and others which are hot all the time and it probably sink at the box office.

I do hope some movie is made about Stevie in my lifetime anyway.

Coal Miners Daughter was the best biopic of an music artists I've ever seen.There is others to but I got memory block at this moment.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
To look at the money aspects of a Stevie movie.They probably could not afford a top payed actress to play Stevie.They can get an unknown to play the roll for a cheap paycheck.Also as we know Stevie is one of those underrated artists not like Madonna,Beatles,Elvis or Cher and others which are hot all the time and it probably sink at the box office.

I do hope some movie is made about Stevie in my lifetime anyway.

Coal Miners Daughter was the best biopic of an music artists I've ever seen.There is others to but I got memory block at this moment.

I agree. I just don't think there's a big enough market for a Stevie-centric movie; however, I think a movie based on the life and times of Fleetwood Mac could do really well, if done at the caliber of a Coal Miner's Daughter or Walk the Line. Lots of drama, heartache, joy, tension, great music. I'd love to see it.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We don't need a Stevie movie. We need a Fleetwood Mac film, by a top director who is interested in depicting the relationships between band members from the beginning. I actually don't think there is a great film that has ever been done about the music business. The Fleetwood Mac material, songs and drama and characters, could provide the basis for one---as long as it's done with verve, style, and exceptional direction. Always felt it could be kind of like Goodfellas, a stylistic take on the entry into a fascinating world and the trials and tribulations. Also, shouldn't the stars lip-synch like Angela Bassett did for Tina Turner, which worked out very well?
Old 06-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am actually oddly okay with this.

I don't know if Shailene has the "look" of Stevie, but she definitely has the "vibe" of Stevie (especially young Stevie).

Shailene Woodley has come a long way from the awful, awful High School Teenage Mom or whatever that ABC Family show was called.

She was good in The Descendants, great in Divergent, and fantastic in The Fault In Our Stars. I really think she is one to watch for of the younger generation.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree that they need to do a Fleetwood Mac movie. I was sitting here trying to imagine how that would happen and what you would put in and what you would leave out. I wouldn't want anything left out, you would want all the tidbits and romance. So then I thought that would be a 25 hour movie, not likely, but wouldn't it be great if they did one that was a mini-series like "Roots?"
Old 06-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
oh hell NO.
sorry, not a fan at all.
Stevie should choose
and not someone who says they want the role
they need to be an unknown
It's always nice to hear from fans of Stevie who have been impacted by her music and recognize how unique she is.

I'm not thrilled at the prospect of a movie depicting her life. There is a big risk in it being very cheesy and pandering. A serious documentary is more preferable to me.

Still, if anyone went forth a movie, it's likely Stevie would not (and should not) be involved with it. Stevie is not a movie producer, nor is she a casting director. Par for course, movies about real people don't usually involve the subject in the project. These kind of movies are usually interpretations, and not directly autobiographical.

I can see Stevie writing her own story in book form (with significant help from/with a cowriter/ghost writer/editor). Even then, it would contain a large amount of revisionist history, with many fictionalized realities.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 06-19-2014 at 12:51 PM..
Old 06-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
I agree. I just don't think there's a big enough market for a Stevie-centric movie; however, I think a movie based on the life and times of Fleetwood Mac could do really well, if done at the caliber of a Coal Miner's Daughter or Walk the Line. Lots of drama, heartache, joy, tension, great music. I'd love to see it.
They have to be dead for that to happen. Why do so many fans want a fictional version of their lives? Are we and they not alive enough now to experience their lives in real time?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 06-18-2014 at 06:47 PM..
Old 06-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think I've seen her in anything but I have to say it warms my heart whenever someone says nice things about Stevie. I certainly think she deserves it.