User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
I know this was "Castle Studios". The house that she moved into and turned the formal dining room into a recording studio for The Other Side Of The Mirror.

Jim

What's the Fantasyland house you guys?
In the FM forum, under the Tusk tour there's an article posted from People magazine, 1979, where the Fantasyland house is mentioned. It says:

"Nicks' large Tudor home above Sunset Boulevard is now on the market because it attracted hangers-on who overstayed their welcome. "Any man I ever went out with called the place Fantasyland. I'm 31, I won't always be in a rock band, and I don't want to come out of this absolutely helpless." So she is moving into a modest beachfront condo."

Edit: I just reread this after I posted it, and it occurs to me that she is saying the same things now that she said in 1979! OT but she says stuff like she has no time for a man in her life, just the band and also about the goldfish and the ladybug cartoon - good Lord, that should be one awesome cartoon if it ever sees the light of day...30 years in the making...

Last edited by CADreaming; 12-26-2007 at 06:30 PM..
Old 12-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's another house - not sure when she lived here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbclTHiMoJE&NR=1
Old 12-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I just reread this after I posted it, and it occurs to me that she is saying the same things now that she said in 1979! OT but she says stuff like she has no time for a man in her life, just the band and also about the goldfish and the ladybug cartoon - good Lord, that should be one awesome cartoon if it ever sees the light of day...30 years in the making...
This reminds me of this awful movie playing on Showtime a couple of weeks ago. I suppose I was too lazy to change the channel. Anyway, the only thing I noticed about the movie (in my peripheral vision) was that there was this subplot involving an interspecies love affair between a goldfish and a frog. After some research, lo and behold:

Sorry, Stevie, forbidden goldfish love has already been done. So get back to that Rhiannon movie. Chop, chop!

Last edited by HejiraNYC; 12-27-2007 at 02:08 PM..
Old 12-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Here's another house - not sure when she lived here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbclTHiMoJE&NR=1
I'mn pretty sure that's Fantasyland.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Regarding Stevie's haunted house, she took her own advice: "If you were wiser you would get out!"
Old 12-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey you guys...

I may be wrong but the house from Youtube was her place in Encino that she hated.

I remember her saying she got attacked by killer bees there.

This was the Klonopin house I believe.

Jim
Old 12-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
Hey you guys...

I may be wrong but the house from Youtube was her place in Encino that she hated.

I remember her saying she got attacked by killer bees there.

This was the Klonopin house I believe.

Jim
So, that's not the "Fantasyland" house?

(Is it crazy to care?) LOL
Old 12-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Though this house fits the description of the "Fantasyland" house to a tee, it's asking price of only 2.5 Million is it's biggest giveaway that it isn't the Fantasyland house. There's just no way a house of that size on Sunset (which would be the Bel Air/Beverly Hills area of LA) would be that cheap. You can barely even get a condo/townhouse in that area for that price . Lindsey's pad went for like $21 MILLION just a year or two ago, and it was in Bel Air overlooking LA. Plus, the usage of the Sorcerer video dates this clip from sometime after 2001, and she apparently sold the Fantasyland house in like 1979. Encino would make more sense for this price point, but it still seems like a lot of house for the money in the LA area! There really isn't any way of knowing which house this was, and when she owned it, because the woman changes homes so often lol. Plus there are bound to be homes she owns/owned we never knew about. My guess though is this is a Street Angel era home though given it's time of broadcast.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 12-31-2007 at 02:41 PM..
Old 12-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Though this house fits the description of the "Fantasyland" house to a tee, it's asking price of only 2.5 Million is it's biggest giveaway that it isn't the Fantasyland house. There's just no way a house of that size on Sunset (which would be the Bel Air/Beverly Hills area of LA) would be that cheap.
Louie's right. The house in the video isn't the place she owned in the late 1970s. That place was in the Hollywood Hills, & the place in the video is described as a Bavarian villa "hidden in the hills outside of Los Angeles." That can mean anywhere from the San Fernando Valley to Woodland Hills to Santa Clarita to even the San Gabriel foothills. The Hollywood Hills (above Sunset Boulevard) would never be described as being outside Los Angeles.

The Hollywood Hills home is where Stevie & Jim Ladd from radio did her 1979 Innerview. I don't think she sold it until after Fleetwood Mac got off the road. She went straight into her Marina del Rey condo, which was completely accessible to the public. You could walk from the beach right up to her back window & look in.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ How do you know?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Louie's right. The house in the video isn't the place she owned in the late 1970s.
And to my recollection, she never bought the Bavarian villa in Encino, she was renting it.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Though this house fits the description of the "Fantasyland" house to a tee, it's asking price of only 2.5 Million is it's biggest giveaway that it isn't the Fantasyland house. There's just no way a house of that size on Sunset (which would be the Bel Air/Beverly Hills area of LA) would be that cheap. You can barely even get a condo/townhouse in that area for that price . Lindsey's pad went for like $21 MILLION just a year or two ago, and it was in Bel Air overlooking LA. Plus, the usage of the Sorcerer video dates this clip from sometime after 2001, and she apparently sold the Fantasyland house in like 1979. Encino would make more sense for this price point, but it still seems like a lot of house for the money in the LA area! There really isn't any way of knowing which house this was, and when she owned it, because the woman changes homes so often lol. Plus there are bound to be homes she owns/owned we never knew about. My guess though is this is a Street Angel era home though given it's time of broadcast.
I cannot access youtube right now. But, on it there is an interview with Tommy Hilfiger in La Nicks' house around the time of the SA tour. I believe they show the actual house. This may provide some comparison data.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the Hilfiger clip - Studio City.

There's another show w/ the Bavarian house, "Millionaires and Mansions," something like that. Like a rip-off of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous." It was hosted by an actor who used to be on the Young & the Restless. I thought they said that house was off Franklin Ave., in the Hollywood Hills.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fantasyland

I believe George Clooney bought the house which Stevie had infamously referred to as "Fantasyland" back in 1979.

"The house is set at the top of a steep and winding road in Los Angeles. Since buying the property (from Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks), he has put up a large glass-fronted guest house, where the 'gang' play poker long into the night. "It's like the Playboy mansion without the sex,' he told an interviewer.

The home is very much a bachelor hang-out and there isn't a whiff of a feminine touch, even though French waitress Celine Balitran (a former lover) lived there for several years."
Old 01-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
I believe George Clooney bought the house which Stevie had infamously referred to as "Fantasyland" back in 1979.
According to IMDb, Clooney would have been about 18 years old at the time.

Oh, wait -- do you mean he bought it many years later? But wouldn't it have had another owner by then?