Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Do you think it's that much different than when Lindsey, in 1987, didn't want to be part of the band that propelled him into stardom? Like everyone, they ultimately have to live their lives for themselves.
Um yes I do. Because he quit the band. She isn't quitting the band. Unless, you know something I don't. If you want to live your own life that's fine. But I think you are completely missing the point.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
At least he didn't hold them up and left the band.
Exactly my point. Either in or out. You want to live your own life.. By all means... please do...
Old 08-05-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
So then they are holding themselves up; Stevie isn't.
Well, now you're starting to make sense (somewhat). They have 5 different managers with lawyers etc. That indeed does hold up the band. So Mike.. guess which member's management is holding up the rest of the band?? Just take a stab at it.

As for the other 4.. I do blame them for being gutless.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-05-2016 at 02:45 PM..
Old 08-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Oh yeah, as if Stevie would pass on the album but do a massive tour. I think you guys need to chill out a bit and be even more patient because there will be new music eventually and on what format and when I don't know but we'll get it. JESUS!!!
Why would Stevie have anything against not being on the album and doing a massive tour. It's not like a lot of the album songs would be on the tour anyway. What does she care? And anyway, I don't mind if they don't tour at all. I'd rather have the album than another tour. The band wants a tour. But the idea that we have to wait for Stevie to be in the mood because she won't tour unless she is on the album -- which she has not been interested in doing for YEARS -- is anathema to me.

As far as people being patient, first of all, they're seventy and all of their friends are dropping dead. "Eventually" doesn't cut it any longer.

Second of all, it's been 13 years since SYW. I don't think asking for a new band album is jumping the gun. Maybe if we'd asked in just the 10th year we would have been getting ahead of ourselves, but around year 13, are we still being impatient?

Third of all, talking about something incessantly on a message board doesn't actually signify impatience in a real world sense. I mean, if you're on a message board and just say, "I am going to sit and quietly way for an album. I don't care if it takes another 5 years, I will NOT complain," what are you going to post about? I mean, isn't the nature of a forum to comment on things big and small from reeboks to albums that will never be released?

The Harry Potter fans didn't bide their time since the last book being QUIET. They probably posted non-stop about wanting new material and now ... they have a cursed child.

Michele
Old 08-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

As for the other 4.. I do blame them for being gutless.
Yes, I blame them. She is immaterial at this point. It makes no sense for them to talk about what she will and will not do. What are Christine and Lindsey going to do? I wish Lindsey had the mentality he had in the past.

Michele
Old 08-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So then they are holding themselves up; Stevie isn't.
I don't know, to be honest. Peter Green and Danny Kirwan wanted to go in a direction Jeremy Spencer either didn't want to or couldn't go in, so they came up with an arrangement that allowed them to record an album as Fleetwood Mac without Jeremy while Jeremy stayed in the band.

I don't know if Stevie would be willing to make that arrangement. I don't know whether or not she'd threaten to leave if they released an album without her. Given this late stage in their careers, I don't see them asking her to leave or doing something that would make her want to leave. They have one more big tour and the classic lineup is in tact. An album may or may not not sell, but a tour definitely will.

If it were 10 to 15 years earlier, I'd absolutely part ways with her, but realistically it's all about to wrap up in the next few years.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Um yes I do. Because he quit the band. She isn't quitting the band. Unless, you know something I don't. If you want to live your own life that's fine. But I think you are completely missing the point.
Quote:
Well, now you're starting to make sense (somewhat). They have 5 different managers with lawyers etc. That indeed does hold up the band. So Mike.. guess which member's management is holding up the rest of the band?? Just take a stab at it.
Either you're a little touchy or I am, because I don't usually find your posts to be as condescending as these are coming across. What point am I missing? You asked why she wouldn't want to be part of the band that made her a star. I think it's safe to assume it's because she doesn't find the prospect of going into the studio to be fulfilling or enjoyable, much like Lindsey felt about a 1987 tour. And as far as "taking a stab at it," I'm well aware that Mick, Chris, and Lindsey are ready to record, but you and everyone who talk about "holding up the band" are perpetuating the unfounded notion that Stevie has some sort of ownership rights over the name "Fleetwood Mac." A complete lack of balls is the only reason the new Fleetwood Mac album isn't coming out tomorrow, or even last year for that matter.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can we just let this topic go now?
We will get a new album eventually. Be patient. And no, the Mac would NOT record a new album without Stevie. That would be like The Rolling Stones recording an album without Keith Richard's.......
Old 08-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Someone could always start a petition on change.org for FM to release the album without Stevie if she won't agree to record by a certain date, and then everyone could spread it all over social media. If enough people sign the petition the media could get wind of it, it would be sort of a wake up call for the band. Maybe if the band and Stevie got the message that their fans are absolutely at their wits end, the band could come up with some sort of solution.

Then there is the other option... BURN THE WITCH!!

Old 08-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
And no, the Mac would NOT record a new album without Stevie. That would be like The Rolling Stones recording an album without Keith Richard's.......
Except that Fleetwood Mac had a vibrant career prior to Stevie joining. The only constants in the Stones are Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

Then there is the other option... BURN THE WITCH!!

Thanks I laughed so hard. ..
Old 08-05-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Either you're a little touchy or I am, because I don't usually find your posts to be as condescending as these are coming across. What point am I missing? You asked why she wouldn't want to be part of the band that made her a star. I think it's safe to assume it's because she doesn't find the prospect of going into the studio to be fulfilling or enjoyable, much like Lindsey felt about a 1987 tour. And as far as "taking a stab at it," I'm well aware that Mick, Chris, and Lindsey are ready to record, but you and everyone who talk about "holding up the band" are perpetuating the unfounded notion that Stevie has some sort of ownership rights over the name "Fleetwood Mac." A complete lack of balls is the only reason the new Fleetwood Mac album isn't coming out tomorrow, or even last year for that matter.
I don't get why she wouldn't want to be a part of THE LAST project of the band that gave her everything.

You comparing it to Tango and Lindsey quitting is not even in the ballpark.

Sorry, if I"m coming off as a jerk.. I'm just so frustrated with not getting to hear the new music that I guess I am becoming a little impolite. I apologize (sincerely)
Old 08-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Except that Fleetwood Mac had a vibrant career prior to Stevie joining. The only constants in the Stones are Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.
They could bring back Rick and Billy . They have material to add to a live show and they could also contribute new material
Old 08-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Registered

Quote:
I don't get why she wouldn't want to be a part of THE LAST project of the band that gave her everything.

You comparing it to Tango and Lindsey quitting is not even in the ballpark.

Sorry, if I"m coming off as a jerk.. I'm just so frustrated with not getting to hear the new music that I guess I am becoming a little impolite. I apologize (sincerely)

No apologies needed. You have your opinions share them
Old 08-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate that.