Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
An interview is still performance.

The Say You Will documentary is a good example and subsequent interviews she gave after it.

If you think Lindsey is not toxic, nothing will convince you.
Why are you attacking my intellect? I've been respectful to you.

You're not providing concrete proof of toxicity from recent years, only conjecture.

In Destiny Rules she's the one who made a big stink about getting Chris Lord-Alge and then wound up deciding to use him for only 1 song. Regardless, that was 19 years ago.

Where are the interviews from 2014-now about his wrongdoings? She said she and he both know what daggers to throw at each other to RS in 2015. And complained that he banged on the wall to have some tranquility in his dressing room. Does that make him toxic?

Also, is Stevie's word Bible?

You don't seem like a person who believes in dialogue.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Honestly the LB interviews are getting pretty cringey. Sour grapes isn’t a good look for anyone. Maybe to the handful of people who hang around here and despise SN, these interviews come across as being brave and refreshing but to the rest of the world who reads these articles, it just sounds like Linds being a petty bitter ex and Stevie responding pretty maturely after 3 years of him talking sh*t. He’s not helping his case at this point IMO.
Yes, they’re pretty cringe — entertaining but cringe. Not because of what he’s saying but the fact that he is dwelling on that business at all. He is on tour and a new album is about to get released. He should redirect entirely to those things. The best way to convey his disdain for Stevie or the Mac is to reply to every question about them with supreme detachment. “Stevie? I suppose all is well with her, but you’d need to ask Karen.” “Mick? Oh, he’s enjoying himself, I hear.” “The 2018 tour? I hear it was hugely profitable. Best of luck to the band!”

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-10-2021, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

While I was driving today I was thinking about this thread and something hit me. When Christine sort of apologizes to Lindsey for not sticking up for him and then says "I just bought a house" is about money. I dont know why but when I first read that comment, I took it as she was distracted with the purchase and was not around to stick up for Lindsey. But I think she meant......I just bought a house and need this tour money Lindsey. IMHO, that makes it even worse. Christine has always been good with her money and she should her farmhouse for big bucks. I really don't see how she needed the money because she bought a house. Its so lame it makes the comment worse in my book.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

1996 represented a reset wherein no non-Rumours members would ever be part of the group again... until 2018.

The revolving-door Mac was pre-'96 and a different thing.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Go back and find the original posts when this news broke years ago.

I do think he is getting what he deserves, just like if they had chosen to fire her years ago, she would have deserved it.

You don't get fired for no reason.
You don't get fired for no reason? Apparently, you've never worked with highly manipulative people.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The reality of the situation is - yes, Stevie could write a long list of sh*tty Lindsey things AND Lindsey could easily do the same for Stevie confrontations. Boy, wouldn't that be a rolling stone article for the ages.

Toxic behavior can happen from both men and women.

My point being, there's definitely blood on both sets of hands.

Last edited by BigAl84; 09-10-2021 at 11:39 AM..
Old 09-10-2021, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Both should be considered below the belt.
Too bad you don't make the rules, huh?
Old 09-10-2021, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
While I was driving today I was thinking about this thread and something hit me. When Christine sort of apologizes to Lindsey for not sticking up for him and then says "I just bought a house" is about money. I dont know why but when I first read that comment, I took it as she was distracted with the purchase and was not around to stick up for Lindsey. But I think she meant......I just bought a house and need this tour money Lindsey. IMHO, that makes it even worse. Christine has always been good with her money and she should her farmhouse for big bucks. I really don't see how she needed the money because she bought a house. Its so lame it makes the comment worse in my book.
It is worse. These are five sh*tty, selfish people that we've spent our lives following.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Our Steve McD did say here that Azoff would not forget Lindsey's dismissive comments about Classic West. Yikes, I guess he was definitely right about that. (Speaking of Steve, I hope he is well, we have not seen him around for a good while and I believe he mentioned having some health struggles)

Last edited by Feather Blade; 09-10-2021 at 12:43 PM..
Old 09-10-2021, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes. She did mean it was about money. The truth is, I think she probably said other things to Lindsey. I’m not sure that I trust his version of what she said. He can be flip. He may have stripped her words down to the essentials or his interpretation of them. Lindsey is, um, telling the truth but telling it in a way to get a reaction. I am with him, but I am also concerned about media backlash.

I wish I was younger for Lindsey, then I would defend him on social media. As a teenager I would type weekly letters to the soap opera magazines and mail them at the actual post office to praise Jack Wagner or denounce General Hospital because I did not like the way Jack was used. I think Lindsey could use more fan voices on Twitter or Facebook, but I am too tired and I don’t have the energy. Life gets in the way. I want to support him, but I want to lie in bed and watch Hulu more.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Our Steve McD did say here that Azoff would not forget Lindsey's dismissive comments about Classic West. Yikes, I guess he was definitely right about that. (Speaking of Steve, I hope he is well, we have not seen him around for a good while and I believe he mentioned having some health struggles)
I think he was banned. I don't know for sure, though.

Are you confusing the Steves(on the health issue)? I think our other Steve had some problems. I'm FB friends with both of them.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

Also, is Stevie's word Bible?

You don't seem like a person who believes in dialogue.
Don’t forget they’re a cult, so yeah, her word is more powerful than Bible and nothing you say can change that
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Don’t forget they’re a cult, so yeah, her word is more powerful than Bible and nothing you say can change that
Lindsey fans are equally in a cult. You are proving my point. Everything you say about Stevie fans like can be applied to yourself.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The reality of the situation is - yes, Stevie could write a long list of sh*tty Lindsey things AND Lindsey could easily do the same for Stevie confrontations. Boy, wouldn't that be a rolling stone article for the ages.

Toxic behavior can happen from both men and women.

My point being, there's definitely blood on both sets of hands.
100% on point
Old 09-10-2021, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
You don't get fired for no reason? Apparently, you've never worked with highly manipulative people.
In corporate America, yes, you can get fired or laid off for no reason due to a restructuring, merger, etc., etc.

This is not corporate America. This is a band. There was a reason for him being fired, even if he himself doesn't agree with the reason, and even if his fans don't like it.