The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2004, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ms.Twain is not even close to being in the same league as our Mac, but I gotta give her credit...
She sings,she plays,she writes,she's pretty,charitable,she's about 40 AND she came from nothing.
I gotta give the girl the two thumbs up.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't hate Shania - but to me all of her songs sound the same - so to me - she reissuing the same damn songs over and over again with different names.....her slow songs all sound the same and same for the fast ones - it aggravates the crap out of me....
Old 12-13-2004, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestenadia
Ms.Twain is not even close to being in the same league as our Mac, but I gotta give her credit...
She sings,she plays,she writes,she's pretty,charitable,she's about 40 AND she came from nothing.
Yeah, I gotta agree. If one of the country goddesses has to pass my Mac, then I'd rather it be her than Faith, sorry
Old 12-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It does piss me off that no where on the web can I find accurate worldwide album sales, instead of just sales in America.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Charitable, my ass. She expects charity from the very charities she "donates" to and "helps."

Old 12-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And what musical boundaries is she pushing? None. Folks, it's MASS marketing. Welcome to 2004. Nothing aurally offensive. Sexy spokeswoman. Walmart's America. Buy me...
But, I would say the same thing about Wacko Jacko. Who here can tell me that- artistically- Shania holds a candle to these other artists at the top of the list? FM, Pink Floyd(my god, the Wall is a masterpiece!), even the Eagles(who were certainly pushing the envelopes of country rock).
Mass marketed pop fodder.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default reply

Are you Kidding???????????

Beaten by Shania Twain. Wow. Im really speechless now. Im sorry I thik she really sucks. Whats next Britney #1?????????

Jimmy
Old 12-14-2004, 02:32 AM
Junior Ledgie

I was just going to say that. Are you kidding? She's not only not in the same league, but I don't even think she's playing in the same game. Sorry but I also think she sucks. "That Don't Impress Me Much" was painful to listen to. Bad enough she beat out Rumours, but the Beatles too? Give me a break!

Lindsey said it best "What's the world coming to?"
Old 12-14-2004, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Charitable, my ass. She expects charity from the very charities she "donates" to and "helps."
Have you been mooning needy people?...
Are we talking about possible physical favors she might engage in with Robert Lange before he works on one of her albums?
But seriously,no lie. A while back there was this segment on Shania on one of those news magazines...
At any rate, while on tour she visits a local charitable type organization/center and volounteers(sp?) for about an hour or something. It's like a daily thing.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Have you been mooning needy people?...
Are we talking about possible physical favors she might engage in with Robert Lange before he works on one of her albums?
But seriously,no lie. A while back there was this segment on Shania on one of those news magazines...
At any rate, while on tour she visits a local charitable type organization/center and volounteers(sp?) for about an hour or something. It's like a daily thing.
Based on discussions we had awhile back, Dissention thinks anyone that gets anything from a charity in return for their services or donation is horrible. He refuses to accept that this happens all of the time and that the charities readily accept this as the star's attraction will net them many times the amount they pay the star. He thinks the stars should pay to fly themselves there, pay for their lodging, etc.

Having said that, from what you said her volunteer work is a great and unrenumerated thing So, in that instance, Diss. is wrong - just as he was wrong about Michael Jackson having only little boys over to spend the night Hmmmm . . twice in two days - what's up with that Diss

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool Um...

Why are you taking it out on Shania....what about the people who buy her records? People out there obviously like Britney, Shania, Faith, etc...they just offer it....people buy it...blame America. LOL
Old 12-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I read an interview with her and she said she basically has no sex drive. It was fairly surprising. They were talking about her sexpot image and it was ironic to her, considering that she felt her sex drive was very low to non existent. I think it was a Rolling Stone interview.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Based on discussions we had awhile back, Dissention thinks anyone that gets anything from a charity in return for their services or donation is horrible. He refuses to accept that this happens all of the time and that the charities readily accept this as the star's attraction will net them many times the amount they pay the star. He thinks the stars should pay to fly themselves there, pay for their lodging, etc.

Having said that, from what you said her volunteer work is a great and unrenumerated thing So, in that instance, Diss. is wrong - just as he was wrong about Michael Jackson having only little boys over to spend the night Hmmmm . . twice in two days - what's up with that Diss
You poor, deluded little creature.

There's a difference between refusing to accept that things like that happen all the time and refusing to accept it on a moral level. It's no secret that stars who "help" charities get things in return, so I fail to see where you're coming from. It's not that I refuse to accept that, it's that I refuse to condone it because I find it morally corrupt.

Shania Twain is famous for her diva demands when it comes to charitable organizations, it's no secret how she acts and what she demands. There is also a difference between a charitable organization paying for travel and a charitable organization paying for first-class travel. There is quite a difference between a charitable organization paying for lodging and paying for five-star hotel suites and footing the room service bill. There is quite a difference between a charitable organization giving their celebs fruit baskets as thank-you's and giving them Rolex watches and diamond earrings. Call it what you want, but it's disgusting and the "stars" who partake in it should be ashamed of themselves as human beings. Maybe instead of demanding such unnecessary and tacky things, they should demand that the money that would have been used to pamper their sorry asses stays in the organization and pays for a wheelchair for someone who needs one and can't afford it.

It's a question of morality.

Old 12-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
I read an interview with her and she said she basically has no sex drive. It was fairly surprising. They were talking about her sexpot image and it was ironic to her, considering that she felt her sex drive was very low to non existent. I think it was a Rolling Stone interview.
Sex with her looks as if it would be as satisfying as doing it with a cold fish.

Old 12-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow In the words of Stevie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
"I hear there's trouble in Shangri-la."