User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2004, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Yup, Stevie is a goddess and everyone else sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

That's not what he was saying, and you know it.
He was stating the opinion that, whether we saw it on camera or not, Stevie isn't the only one who might pray to the commercial gods for the project to be well received.
I don't see any instance in his post where he was saying Stevie was better than anyone else, or, more importantly, where he said she was perfect... and, yet, anytime someone offers a view of Stevie's behaviour that isn't intrinsically negative, you automatically dismiss them as being a mindless lemming.

That view suffers as much from tunnel vision as that of those who think Stevie is without imperfection.

Well Johnny Stew, thanks for coming to my defense, but really, what I meant to say is : STEVIE IS A GODDESS AND EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS. Admit it Johnny, you feel the same way, too !
Just kidding-I really was trying to say-they were all praying to the gods of commerce, who in their right mind wouldn't? Then I threw in my inflammatory bit about Lindsey (I'm surprised any of them want to work with him again) , just because I like to and I can! But I did try to be realistic about the near-perfect Ms. Nicks (...she does, and always has, complained about dominant men in the music business. She projects a somewhat fragile, passive personna...)
And Somajoseph, in regards to your comment "Remember Stevie is the one who supported them both when they moved to Los Angeles in the early 70's"
I say "Right right!". And don't forget she sewed stars on his jeans. Do you think he has ever so much as scotch-guarded a pair of her boots or steamed any of her chiffon? Doubtful!
Old 11-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somajoseph
He talks about spontaneity, yet possesses none, and all that starving artist bull**** just rings false.
I agree completely.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Also, Stevie is actually spontaneous...

Yeah, and Jerry Falwell is a liberal.

Old 11-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Yeah, and Jerry Falwell is a liberal.
She has, on many vocal occasions throughout her lifetime, been spontaneous.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe it was the coke allowing her to be spontaneous? I don't recall the same lame, tired hand gestures EVERY night to the same songs. Zzzzzzzz.....
Old 11-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Vocal occasions? Bless your heart, Amber. Changing a few lines because you can't remember them isn't exactly spontaneous.

Old 11-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Vocal occasions? Bless your heart, Amber. Changing a few lines because you can't remember them isn't exactly spontaneous.
I think the term is "stoned"
Old 11-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
I think the term is "stoned"

Then there are the latter-day lyric flubs like Stop Draggin' from the Shine Club show with Sheryl. Can we say drunk?

Old 11-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does Stevie use a teleprompter?

I can't recall ever seeing one on stage in front of her so I suppose she can forget the odd line (after taking the odd line that is )

I always found it funny that Axl Rose needed to be reminded of his own lyrics during the GNR shows...
Old 11-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Maybe it was the coke allowing her to be spontaneous? I don't recall the same lame, tired hand gestures EVERY night to the same songs. Zzzzzzzz.....
Or those "robotic" movements that one critic pointed out.

Old 11-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
Does Stevie use a teleprompter?

I can't recall ever seeing one on stage in front of her so I suppose she can forget the odd line (after taking the odd line that is )

I always found it funny that Axl Rose needed to be reminded of his own lyrics during the GNR shows...
I don't think so.

If you can't even remember your own songs, I have no use for ya. Must be why I can't stand Axl Rose.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
that's not what i'm talking about and you know it...she used to sing things differently a lot. so hush, you know i'm right. that's why everyone has different versions of shows and all that. hello?
Old 11-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's not what i'm talking about and you know it...she used to sing things differently a lot. so hush, you know i'm right. that's why everyone has different versions of shows and all that. hello?
I think there were probably numerous time, especially around the Tusk tour when Stevie changed her lyrics a little maybe as a direct result of her relationship with Lindsey... Lindsey certainly dropped the "real savage like" bit of Tusk due to the wishes of Mick and Stevie so maybe this was a factor..

Stevie sings, it's what she does, singing and writing, she's not a musician as such like the rest of them so I suppose her changing the lyrics is a bit like LB changing a guitar solo, which we've heard many times over the tours.

If you play the same stuff every single night I guess you are bound to change it unless you want to go nuts... I can't even play a guitar solo the same every time, I have to change it to keep interested so looking at it from that angle I can see your point.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello!

I don't understand what you mean by her being spontaneous because "she used to sing things differently," so no, I don't know that you're right.

She used to sing things differently because a) she was doped up all the time and b) because she had a larger range. That still has nothing to do with being spontaneous. Take away the drugs and the flexible voice and you get the Stevie of the nineties and today.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello!

b) because she had a larger range.
I'd agree that the more limited vocal range Stevie has these days, which is undeniable, has stifled a certain amount of creativity in her singing which is understandable. Better to play safe than try something that might lead to your voice cracking at the wrong moment...