The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG the tour starts in Columbus Ohio. Yee haw.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
What a pain in the butt. Can't they wait until after Christmas before putting these on sale? Six months away, for pity's sake. (I'm especially annoyed because I was just plotting out my budget for next year).
Yup, they did this with the 2009 tour, I hate this as it is too soon before the holidays so I am so not prepared!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 12-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK I guess I am going to the Ottawa show, but I hate them for doing this. New material, please.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
6/12/13 - Detroit (Joe Louis Arena)
Ending in Detroit? The home of all great things.

Ultimate Classic Rock
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleetwood-mac-2013-tour/

After months of increasing speculation, Fleetwood Mac have confirmed the dates, cities and venues for a nine-week tour beginning in April of 2013.

According to Rolling Stone, the 34 announced dates of the trek, their first since 2009, will kick off April 4 in Columbus, Ohio and wind up June 12 in Detroit, MI. There’s no indication of Christine McVie, who retired in 1998, rejoining her former bandmates so it’s assumed the rest of the ‘Rumours’-era lineup (Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood) will appear.

Nicks insists the band has chosen the perfect time to hit the road, declaring that “2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac.’ She also reveals that the band cut two new songs a couple of weeks ago that might make it onto the show’s setlists.

The group begins rehearsals on Feb. 15, and promises to take this tour all over the world, with both festival and regular concerts in Europe and a 15-city Australian visit penciled in for after the North American dates.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Australian dates after the american dates and than also festivals in europe? That means touring europe starting somewhere in august. It is going to be a busy year for the Mac..........
Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Please no festivals in Europe, I don't want to pay a sh*tload of money for a bunch of bands I don't even care about just to see FM. Just play the same venues as in 2009.
Also, I hope they shoot some new photos for promotion and not use those same old SYW pics again, that would be ridiculous since it's 10 years ago.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Perhaps somebody have an idea about the festivals they can play in europe looking at the dates now and nowing that australia dates are set after the american one..... It probably means they Will do some festivals late August and september.........
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Ugh! Before they announced the dates I was praying it would not come to Ohio until late in the game so that maybe tickets would go on sale after the holidays. I guess no one is going to get a Christmas present from me now!

So I'm guessing there's going to be a 2nd leg? Assuming there is a modest amount of success? Strange that they're skipping Cleveland and Cincinnati. It's a shame because the Columbus shows I've been to have been kind of lame. The crowds there, IMHO, are weak.

I'm tempted to hold off on buying and see if more dates are announced slowly a la LB's recent tours. Since it's the first show (and closest to me) does that mean good seats will be harder to procure? Especially given the knowledge that FM's powers that be hold tix for scalpers?

Sorry...rhetorical questions...

Susan
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ending in Detroit? The home of all great things.

Ultimate Classic Rock
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleetwood-mac-2013-tour/

After months of increasing speculation, Fleetwood Mac have confirmed the dates, cities and venues for a nine-week tour beginning in April of 2013.

According to Rolling Stone, the 34 announced dates of the trek, their first since 2009, will kick off April 4 in Columbus, Ohio and wind up June 12 in Detroit, MI. There’s no indication of Christine McVie, who retired in 1998, rejoining her former bandmates so it’s assumed the rest of the ‘Rumours’-era lineup (Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood) will appear.

Nicks insists the band has chosen the perfect time to hit the road, declaring that “2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac.’ She also reveals that the band cut two new songs a couple of weeks ago that might make it onto the show’s setlists.

The group begins rehearsals on Feb. 15, and promises to take this tour all over the world, with both festival and regular concerts in Europe and a 15-city Australian visit penciled in for after the North American dates.
Haha yes. I was holding my breath for a Detroit show, and I was almost disappointed until I saw that last date. Of course, I would have to make a road trip to one of the other shows if there wasn't a Detroit date, but Detroit will be perfect.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well USA Today said Live Nation on the 14th. Live Nation will inevitably have its own packages which will be expensive, but worth it to avoid scalpers.

Michele
What about the American Express and AARP presales? When are those for all the tour dates? And, is it better to get on those packages or wait til the 14th?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Please no festivals in Europe, I don't want to pay a sh*tload of money for a bunch of bands I don't even care about just to see FM. Just play the same venues as in 2009.
Also, I hope they shoot some new photos for promotion and not use those same old SYW pics again, that would be ridiculous since it's 10 years ago.
Agree. Surely it won't just be festivals? Hard Rock Calling at Hyde Park wouldn't surprise me though. It's normally at the end of June or the first half of July. Bruce Springsteen headlined last summer. It was amazing. I'd prefer to see the Mac in an arena though.

Last edited by poetinmyheart; 12-04-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was never a fan of those big stadium/arena shows.I rather see a summer shed tour like Stevie does.I hope they will add a summer leg for this tour.

It looks like slim pickings for me for travel on this tour.

Here we go with those American Express pre-sales BS again.

They should give every kind of card holder a fair shake on tickets.

OK wheres Atlantic City.I'm surprised they are not stopping there .They were there in 2009 at the Boardwalk Hall.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Art Rocker tv
http://www.artrocker.tv/news/article...-glasto-rumors

Fleetwood Mac: Tour and Glasto Rumors
Band to tour US and talk about European festival shows
Filed in Fleetwood Mac, News at 16.03pm on 04 December 12

Stevie Nicks has sparked rumours that Fleetwood Mac could headline Glastonbury next year.

The band announced a series of US shows today, although no European dates have been confirmed so far.

Discussing the prospect of playing European shows, meanwhile, Nicks said: "If everything goes will we'll be in Europe doing festivals this summer. Then we'll actually tour Europe, which is different than just doing festivals. Then we might do 15 or so shows in Australia."
Old 12-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Art Rocker tv
http://www.artrocker.tv/news/article...-glasto-rumors

Fleetwood Mac: Tour and Glasto Rumors
Band to tour US and talk about European festival shows
Filed in Fleetwood Mac, News at 16.03pm on 04 December 12

Stevie Nicks has sparked rumours that Fleetwood Mac could headline Glastonbury next year. The band announced a series of US shows today, although no European dates have been confirmed so far.

Discussing the prospect of playing European shows, meanwhile, Nicks said: "If everything goes will we'll be in Europe doing festivals this summer. Then we'll actually tour Europe, which is different than just doing festivals. Then we might do 15 or so shows in Australia."
My cousin was a roadie (for Iron Maiden amongst others) and a couple of people he still speaks to in the business say that FM/their managers are 'in discussions' to play Glasto. I'm just wondering whether Stevie would cope with muddy boots!

I'd prefer them not to do festivals, but one exception would be Glastonbury. That place is special and FM would be perfect headliners.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Really loving that FM has been on the front of Google news all day!!!