Old 08-13-2017, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the full interview:

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Tremendous interview!!!! Thanks so much for posting. I love how grounded Stevie is although calling Lindsey Mr. Useless may not go over so well even though she was joking.
Stevie has talked for years about her drug use so its usually the same stuff over and over. However she really opens up about seeing herself so high in video and pictures. And she said something I have ALWAYS said about her. If you have a big show that is being filmed, why can't you lay off the coke for 2 days? But in the end its only the coke that matters.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Loved the SDMHA-footage though ... must be from the filmed show. I hope they'll release it on DVD soon ... maybe in the fall before X-mas ...
Old 08-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaboo View Post
Thank you for putting the link up! Thank you Danielle.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is wonderful! Thanks for posting
I love listening to both of them and the footage is great! I had to keep stopping the video and re-watching parts to appreciate it fully
Old 08-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mr. Useless. It never ends, does it?
Thanks for posting.

Kevin
Old 08-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Is it me or does it seem like the interviewer might have minored in psychology. I felt like i was in a counseling session.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

so much in that interview. A couple of totally trivial points-- you really notice how much Stevie does have a kind of lisp here.... and, I'm glad to see she's softened her eye makeup and seems to have done away with that very harsh black shadow.

On a more serious note, wow, "Mr Useless"?? Love her but it's totally accurate to say without him she would not have had the hits she had. His arrangements on top of her writing made Rhiannon, Dreams, GDW, Gypsy, what they were. Even Petty has said he's been stumped by what to do with some of her songs and Lindsey came in and knew just what to do with them and Tom went "oh, yeah, duh why didn't I think of that" Now that has waned over the years and these days I don't think he has been the best producer of her stuff, but in the formative years, for sure. And she wouldn't have gotten into FM without him-- if he had said yes to them and left her on her own...... we can only imagine how that would have worked out.

I don't know if she's just being exaggerated to make a point, or trying to have a dry sense of humor about it, but it doesn't translate well.

Otherwise, I'm glad to see she seems happy.

I also wonder if she forgets (because she's not that connected to social media) that in today's world **** you say on the other side of the world makes it back here in a split second. In the old days an interview in Australia stayed in Australia and no one knew what you'd said. Or... maybe she just doesn't care.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-14-2017 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 08-14-2017, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hahaha....Mr Useless.

Maybe she's using it as a term of endearment
Old 08-14-2017, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I don't know if she's just being exaggerated to make a point, or trying to have a dry sense of humor about it, but it doesn't translate well.

Otherwise, I'm glad to see she seems happy.

I also wonder if she forgets (because she's not that connected to social media) that in today's world **** you say on the other side of the world makes it back here in a split second. In the old days an interview in Australia stayed in Australia and no one knew what you'd said. Or... maybe she just doesn't care.
That's how I read it - it's just Stevie and her dry sense of humour. I'm sure she knows just how quickly this will get around social media and back to Lindsey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Hahaha....Mr Useless.

Maybe she's using it as a term of endearment
Maybe he had a dig at her lately, and this is a dig back at him. Or yes possibly a term of endearment
Old 08-14-2017, 04:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

I need to address this already cause i've seen people already throw up their arms over this:

she didn't mention 'Mr Useless' in association with his musical ability... only that at the time when they were poor and Stevie had to work multiple jobs and he worked on the music, he worked on the music cause the only thing he wasnt useless at at the time was their music...

so pull yourselves together before you attack her for calling him that because it has nothing to do with LB musical ability
Old 08-14-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMcCrudden View Post
I need to address this already cause i've seen people already throw up their arms over this:

she didn't mention 'Mr Useless' in association with his musical ability... only that at the time when they were poor and Stevie had to work multiple jobs and he worked on the music, he worked on the music cause the only thing he wasnt useless at at the time was their music...

so pull yourselves together before you attack her for calling him that because it has nothing to do with LB musical ability
It made me remember about the anecdote about Lindsey's first (and last) attempt ever at cooking. He tried to use their electric skillet as a normal skillet and put it on the stove; both the food and the electric skillet were nevermore. I laughed so much.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree with you. I just watched that part again and detect no malice or nastiness in her words. It's just Stevie being Stevie with her dry sense of humour.
Things just get picked up on, and taken the wrong way. And Stevie is unfortunately the target of most of the vitriol on this board at the moment.

She's always praised Lindsey very highly with regards to his guitar playing and musical ability. I think she's just saying, in her own way, she couldn't see him doing anything else.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

uh, yeah, we get that.

it's more the point that she uses it as in "you're too delicate and completely unable to do anything so you just stay home and work on music and I'll go out and make the money and come home and cook the dinner". Which is a lot of work for sure, but the point being made is that if they had had to rely on HER to have the skill and discipline to spend hours arranging their songs, they'd have been up sh&t's creek. So frankly, he could just as easily turn around and call HER "Miss Useless" who couldn't do anything to arrange and record their songs "so you just go out and wait tables and clean toilets and I'll do the stuff that's going to make our career successful".
They each had different and necessary skill sets that contributed to them being successful, and she chose to take a stab at him in this interview. It was all almost 40 years ago and you'd think they'd have moved past that crap by now.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-14-2017 at 04:45 PM..