User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Blue Light

Lindsey's solo album of new material that was originally due to be released this year is or was tentatively titled "Blue Light," according to this Rolling Stone article from a few weeks back.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...firing-733460/

Yet I happened to notice that Paul Simon's new retrospective is titled "In The Blue Light" and was released September 7, 2018.

In addition to the interesting question of what each of the titles may refer to (and whether they are referring to the same thing or different things), one wonders whether this may affect the decision of what to title Lindsey's release (now slated for 2019 it seems).
Old 10-29-2018, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking the same thing.
I bet he changes the name -- the Paul Simon album got good reviews and is getting a lot of play on stations like KCRW. The same kind of radio that plays Lindsey enthusiastically.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It seems that In The Blue Light is just the name of the album, and not a name of one of its tracks.

Whereas so many of Lindsey's albums have been named after one of the tracks (save Law & Order and OOTC--any other exceptions I'm missing), particularly in recent years. So we might assume that LB has a track called Blue Light already ready to go, which complicates things.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

First thing that popped into my head when I heard the potential title of "Blue Light" was "Blue Lamp."
Old 10-30-2018, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Blues clues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
First thing that popped into my head when I heard the potential title of "Blue Light" was "Blue Lamp."
Nice lateral thinking.
That would probably be a turn-off for Lindsey if he found out--but I wonder, did he actually ever listen to Bella Donna in the end?
Old 10-30-2018, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

somebody should ask him at m&g some more specifics about when is he planning for new album to drop next year (understand that can change but still!), and his overall plans for 2019 as far as he can tell right now.

there have been speculations on twitter that he may consider touring Europe (or even Australia), and then there are many markets in the US he didn't cover yet. he's been saying at the end of the shows - see you next year, with new album - so that would signal this will be only US leg for the anthology tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-30-2018, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
somebody should ask him at m&g some more specifics about when is he planning for new album to drop next year (understand that can change but still!), and his overall plans for 2019 as far as he can tell right now.
I don't believe what he says about his album releases until I seem them in the stores, so I won't spend my 25 seconds with him on that. Someone else is welcome to though!

He's also been very active with his Twitter Q&As this week--even breaking his usual "Twitter Thursday" routine (or whatever day it is in US time that he normally posts).
Old 10-30-2018, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I don't believe what he says about his album releases until I seem them in the stores, so I won't spend my 25 seconds with him on that. Someone else is welcome to though!

He's also been very active with his Twitter Q&As this week--even breaking his usual "Twitter Thursday" routine (or whatever day it is in US time that he normally posts).
oh definitely not you! you need to get it through to him where you traveled from just to see his show! hopefully that gets you more than 25 seconds. it sounds like if you go towards the end of the line, if they are running on time with all the m&gs, you might get a bit more time.

but yeah you are right, in mid-nov 2017 he was telling fans he was planning new solo album out in mar and solo tour in apr. we know how that all ended up. at least this time around he is not dependent on any unexpected mac requests or deliberate efforts to mess his plans up, but he is still on the label so doesn't have a complete control. and yeah twitter has been also good way to ask him stuff.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-30-2018, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
it sounds like if you go towards the end of the line, if they are running on time with all the m&gs, you might get a bit more time.
Oh, thanks for the good tip!
Just like getting overweight baggage through check-in sometimes.

In the end I don't have too much to say though--or rather, have so much to say that there is nothing left to say? Hmm poetic. Maybe I should take a leaf from Lindsey's book and just walk up and awkwardly start reciting poetry.

I'm hoping that sodascouts and the other fan in our group get the benefit of any extra time and goodwill that comes my way by virtue of having intrepidly crossed the Pacific. My impression is that Lindsey prefers chatting with the ladies anyway.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm also wondering if his deal with Atlantic has fallen through, and he's back to self-releasing? That may also play a factor in the album's release.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

there have been speculations on twitter that he may consider touring Europe (or even Australia), and then there are many markets in the US he didn't cover yet.
I assign this task to YOU, Elle
He always makes that special time to chat about this kinda stuff with you...go get 'em

Last edited by Angel75; 10-30-2018 at 04:34 PM..
Old 11-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hope his plans for next yr appear soon so I can consider travel plans if needed!
Old 11-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm with you. I need a BLUE LIGHT next year....."In the Blue Light" will be long forgotten by then. Stick with that title Lindsey.