User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default San Francisco - 2nd show!

just starting a thread for tonight.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-10-2018, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry I couldn't record the whole song. Security was pretty tight. We couldn't even take pics during GYOW.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:05 AM
Ledgie

Song by song thoughts of the SF show. Edited a little to reduce the profanity. I was planning to record this review, but I don't know when I would have time for it.

----

Don’t Look Down - A gem from 1992’s Out of the Cradle. The guitar intro is just delightful and further demonstrates his mastery of the fingerpicking style. I did not mind the piped vocals, but at some parts of the show, I was like why? I’m happy that he’s open about it with another backing band member helping out with that. I will get his name eventually.

Go Insane - in it’s full band version. Wicked awesome! I like it a lot better than his acoustic version, but I understand where he’s coming from when he does it that way. But the full band is a bop.

Lindsey speaks:
Warner Bros after many years got the bright idea of releasing a ‘best of’ his solo work. More than 30 years of work all in one thing.

He acknowledged when some dude said, “we love you, Lindsey.”

Surrender the Rain - I thought that the way that this was played was kind of like a love song. I know that lyrically, it’s not the case. It has never been played live before until this tour. It does show his age unfortunately but it’s not the worst of course. Any songs from Out of the Cradle are welcome. I did not like the ‘enhanced’ lead vocal. I know he does not sing that high anymore, and it just was weird. I mean, I would be surprised that at the end it was him doing that lead vocal, but it sounds artificial.

Not Too Late - I’m not a big fan of this song, but I do like the live version better than the studio version. The studio version has too much of his processing that was typical of the Under the Skin era. I would rather hear his aged voice 9 times out of 10 on anything.

Doing What I Can - I accept this in place of Countdown. Gosh darn. It is hot, when he sings the chorus. He does that little vibrato or shaking of his voice. I’m more impressed that he could do the chorus. And dang, that guitar solo at the end.

Trouble - Better than the Kimmel performance. I don’t think Lindsey nowadays plays that well in front of a studio TV audience. The piped-in vocals are okay. They sound like Lindsey and it’s great as a backing vocal.

I Must Go - Thank god, another gem from Go Insane. I don’t like the piped-in vocals at first in the chorus, but you get used to them.

Street of Dreams - I took no video of this song. I was trying to be respectful towards his brother and his whole family. I know the song is personal to him. It’s about the death of his dad. It’s powerful when he goes into that part directly about his father because he sings with such intensity and sorrowful anger.

Lindsey acknowledged his niece, sister in law, Jeff (His brother) and wife and friends. He said that things go in circles and he joked that it’s his brother’s fault that Lindsey was standing there. Jeff looked so proud of his brother.

I apparently was sitting next to his brother and family. I know how sad it sounds that I know what his brother looks like, but he made an appearance on Lindsey’s Behind the Music episode. And they look like each other. Jeff was very happy to be there. He was cheering very hard and he was like the only one standing up for Holiday Road.

Shut Us Down - I like the live version better than the studio because once again, I don’t like the voice processing on some of the songs of the Under the Skin album. Another display of his f---in’ awesome fingerpicking abilities.

Never Going Back Again - This song makes a lot of sense in spite of all the BS that has happened in this year. Like, yeah, it’s about their break-up originally, but if you kind of think about it in the recent context, it’s just like yeah. He’s been down one time (the break-up), two times (departure/firing in 1987), three times (firing in 201. At least that’s how I interpret it. Yeah, Lindsey, don’t go back again.

Big Love - Another signature fingerpicking display of awesomeness. It’s the first time that I’ve seen it live in person. I do like the end of the song with all those grunts. It’s intense.

In Our Own Time - Seeds We Sow, represent! At least he picked the best song from that album, although I do personally have “One Take” and the Rolling Stone cover version of “She Smiled Sweetly as my favorites. It’s amazing how instrumentally, he can get it very close to the studio version, which is spectacular in its own right.

Slow Dancing - I did not recognize this song right away, tbh. Maybe it’s a key change or it seems like that it’s played faster or something. Heck, it’s the live debut of the song. Regardless, I’m glad he brought this song along in the tour. I secretly like the song, since it is a sexy song. Listen to the lyrics. You’ll see what I mean. And then watch the music video. The guitar outro, dang! That alone is worth it for this song.

Soul Drifter - Once again, better than what was shown on Kimmel. I don’t mind the piped-in vocals because they at least sound like Lindsey from when it was recorded back then.

Holiday Road - Hell yeah! I don’t mind the piped-in vocals, since the song is just so fun! Except at the end where him and the band are barking like dogs. Like, what the hell, Lindsey. You’re weird and eccentric. I get it.

Tusk - Something went wrong during this song. When Lindsey finished the first verses, they had to stop the song. The horns, according to Brett Tuggle, weren’t working right on the computer. They had too much tequila and it was drunk. His words, not mine. Also, shout out to Jimmy Paxson for keeping the drums or rather, the cymbals, going when that exchange happened. It was ----ing bonkers when it worked right. He did hiccup in his retry. It was adorable. Yes, I know that I have problems. I did not record the glitch out of respect for Lindsey and his family.

I’m So Afraid - Okay, the earlier songs established him as an acoustic fingerpicking god. He’s a ----in’ electric guitar fingerpicking god! I mean, if you didn’t figure that out in the earlier electric songs with solos in between the lyrics… I’m kidding. This song does not get old for me.

Go Your Own Way - This is the right way of doing the song, not getting the New Zealander from Crowded House to do it. It’s Lindsey’s heartbreak and anger, not Neil Finn’s. He did not let the audience strum his guitar for the solo at the end. Security was pretty tight at the Palace of Fine Arts Theater. No video or pictures allowed, but I don’t listen and I had center seats. What could they do to me? What did Edwin Starr sing that was popularized in the 1998 film, Rush Hour, “Absolutely Nothing, say it again. Hah!”

Encore

His brother, Jeff, was like the only one putting the flashlight from his phone on. So I did it too because I’m lame and desperate. Then, I thought and joked to my mother that 98% of these people probably were not able to turn on the flashlight on their phones because the demographic was literally the AARP convention.

Band Intros - Lindsey thanked the audience, said, “it was a few little glitches, but that’s rock and roll.”

Turn It On - I love this song. It’s uplifting. “You can heal someone’s soul, you don’t even know why.” These Out of the Cradle songs are just relevant, due to the things that have been happening to him. Like, Stevie Nicks kicking him to the curb and having a big hand in firing him out of Fleetwood Mac. I mean, Out of the Cradle was heavily influenced by his 1987 departure/firing.

Down on Rodeo - I love this song too! The Under the Skin exudes softness and reflection in general. It’s a song that I’ve always wanted to hear live in person.

Treason - What a fitting end. If I wasn’t such an emotionally distant person, I would probably have cried. The chorus says it all: “Deep down there is freedom. Deep down there will be a reason. At the end of the season. We will rise from this treason.” Yes, Lindsey, we will rise from this treason. I wish nothing but luck for the success of Lindsey Buckingham’s solo tour.

Last edited by RudieCantFail; 10-10-2018 at 05:09 AM..
Old 10-10-2018, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Song by song thoughts of the SF show. Edited a little to reduce the profanity. I was planning to record this review, but I don't know when I would have time for it.

----

Don’t Look Down - A gem from 1992’s Out of the Cradle. The guitar intro is just delightful and further demonstrates his mastery of the fingerpicking style. I did not mind the piped vocals, but at some parts of the show, I was like why? I’m happy that he’s open about it with another backing band member helping out with that. I will get his name eventually.

Go Insane - in it’s full band version. Wicked awesome! I like it a lot better than his acoustic version, but I understand where he’s coming from when he does it that way. But the full band is a bop.

Lindsey speaks:
Warner Bros after many years got the bright idea of releasing a ‘best of’ his solo work. More than 30 years of work all in one thing.

He acknowledged when some dude said, “we love you, Lindsey.”

Surrender the Rain - I thought that the way that this was played was kind of like a love song. I know that lyrically, it’s not the case. It has never been played live before until this tour. It does show his age unfortunately but it’s not the worst of course. Any songs from Out of the Cradle are welcome. I did not like the ‘enhanced’ lead vocal. I know he does not sing that high anymore, and it just was weird. I mean, I would be surprised that at the end it was him doing that lead vocal, but it sounds artificial.

Not Too Late - I’m not a big fan of this song, but I do like the live version better than the studio version. The studio version has too much of his processing that was typical of the Under the Skin era. I would rather hear his aged voice 9 times out of 10 on anything.

Doing What I Can - I accept this in place of Countdown. Gosh darn. It is hot, when he sings the chorus. He does that little vibrato or shaking of his voice. I’m more impressed that he could do the chorus. And dang, that guitar solo at the end.

Trouble - Better than the Kimmel performance. I don’t think Lindsey nowadays plays that well in front of a studio TV audience. The piped-in vocals are okay. They sound like Lindsey and it’s great as a backing vocal.

I Must Go - Thank god, another gem from Go Insane. I don’t like the piped-in vocals at first in the chorus, but you get used to them.

Street of Dreams - I took no video of this song. I was trying to be respectful towards his brother and his whole family. I know the song is personal to him. It’s about the death of his dad. It’s powerful when he goes into that part directly about his father because he sings with such intensity and sorrowful anger.

Lindsey acknowledged his niece, sister in law, Jeff (His brother) and wife and friends. He said that things go in circles and he joked that it’s his brother’s fault that Lindsey was standing there. Jeff looked so proud of his brother.

I apparently was sitting next to his brother and family. I know how sad it sounds that I know what his brother looks like, but he made an appearance on Lindsey’s Behind the Music episode. And they look like each other. Jeff was very happy to be there. He was cheering very hard and he was like the only one standing up for Holiday Road.

Shut Us Down - I like the live version better than the studio because once again, I don’t like the voice processing on some of the songs of the Under the Skin album. Another display of his f---in’ awesome fingerpicking abilities.

Never Going Back Again - This song makes a lot of sense in spite of all the BS that has happened in this year. Like, yeah, it’s about their break-up originally, but if you kind of think about it in the recent context, it’s just like yeah. He’s been down one time (the break-up), two times (departure/firing in 1987), three times (firing in 201. At least that’s how I interpret it. Yeah, Lindsey, don’t go back again.

Big Love - Another signature fingerpicking display of awesomeness. It’s the first time that I’ve seen it live in person. I do like the end of the song with all those grunts. It’s intense.

In Our Own Time - Seeds We Sow, represent! At least he picked the best song from that album, although I do personally have “One Take” and the Rolling Stone cover version of “She Smiled Sweetly as my favorites. It’s amazing how instrumentally, he can get it very close to the studio version, which is spectacular in its own right.

Slow Dancing - I did not recognize this song right away, tbh. Maybe it’s a key change or it seems like that it’s played faster or something. Heck, it’s the live debut of the song. Regardless, I’m glad he brought this song along in the tour. I secretly like the song, since it is a sexy song. Listen to the lyrics. You’ll see what I mean. And then watch the music video. The guitar outro, dang! That alone is worth it for this song.

Soul Drifter - Once again, better than what was shown on Kimmel. I don’t mind the piped-in vocals because they at least sound like Lindsey from when it was recorded back then.

Holiday Road - Hell yeah! I don’t mind the piped-in vocals, since the song is just so fun! Except at the end where him and the band are barking like dogs. Like, what the hell, Lindsey. You’re weird and eccentric. I get it.

Tusk - Something went wrong during this song. When Lindsey finished the first verses, they had to stop the song. The horns, according to Brett Tuggle, weren’t working right on the computer. They had too much tequila and it was drunk. His words, not mine. Also, shout out to Jimmy Paxson for keeping the drums or rather, the cymbals, going when that exchange happened. It was ----ing bonkers when it worked right. He did hiccup in his retry. It was adorable. Yes, I know that I have problems. I did not record the glitch out of respect for Lindsey and his family.

I’m So Afraid - Okay, the earlier songs established him as an acoustic fingerpicking god. He’s a ----in’ electric guitar fingerpicking god! I mean, if you didn’t figure that out in the earlier electric songs with solos in between the lyrics… I’m kidding. This song does not get old for me.

Go Your Own Way - This is the right way of doing the song, not getting the New Zealander from Crowded House to do it. It’s Lindsey’s heartbreak and anger, not Neil Finn’s. He did not let the audience strum his guitar for the solo at the end. Security was pretty tight at the Palace of Fine Arts Theater. No video or pictures allowed, but I don’t listen and I had center seats. What could they do to me? What did Edwin Starr sing that was popularized in the 1998 film, Rush Hour, “Absolutely Nothing, say it again. Hah!”

Encore

His brother, Jeff, was like the only one putting the flashlight from his phone on. So I did it too because I’m lame and desperate. Then, I thought and joked to my mother that 98% of these people probably were not able to turn on the flashlight on their phones because the demographic was literally the AARP convention.

Band Intros - Lindsey thanked the audience, said, “it was a few little glitches, but that’s rock and roll.”

Turn It On - I love this song. It’s uplifting. “You can heal someone’s soul, you don’t even know why.” These Out of the Cradle songs are just relevant, due to the things that have been happening to him. Like, Stevie Nicks kicking him to the curb and having a big hand in firing him out of Fleetwood Mac. I mean, Out of the Cradle was heavily influenced by his 1987 departure/firing.

Down on Rodeo - I love this song too! The Under the Skin exudes softness and reflection in general. It’s a song that I’ve always wanted to hear live in person.

Treason - What a fitting end. If I wasn’t such an emotionally distant person, I would probably have cried. The chorus says it all: “Deep down there is freedom. Deep down there will be a reason. At the end of the season. We will rise from this treason.” Yes, Lindsey, we will rise from this treason. I wish nothing but luck for the success of Lindsey Buckingham’s solo tour.
Rudie, that was a fabulous review. Thank you.

Can't wait for Friday!!!
Old 10-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much for the review. Loved it---cannot wait to see him in December.
Does anyone know if his wife and kids have been yet? Kristen's become very popular with his fans in the last few months. I bet folks would be thrilled to see her too!
Old 10-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Thank you so much for the review. Loved it---cannot wait to see him in December.
Does anyone know if his wife and kids have been yet? Kristen's become very popular with his fans in the last few months. I bet folks would be thrilled to see her too!
I imagine they'll be at the SoCal dates.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-13-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lots of great pics if you click on the link and scroll down.

https://musicjunkiepress.com/concert...-his-sold-out/

San Francisco greets Lindsey Buckingham with a heart-warming reception at his sold out show
October 10, 2018

You couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful night as Lindsey Buckingham returned to San Francisco for a stop on his solo tour. It was the second night of his North American Tour in support of his Solo Anthology and to catch him on his hometown show was a special treat. The show was held at the Palace of Fine Arts Theatre which is the perfect venue to capture the energy and charisma that Lindsey and his band brings to the stage.

The night kicked off with an entertaining set from Nairobi folk artist J.S. Ondara. He is set to release his first album and entertained the crowd with his new songs. A true highlight was when he put down his guitar and delivered a commanding acapella performance that brought cheers from the crowd.

The crowd was anxiously awaiting the arrival of Lindsey Buckingham and when he hit the stage, he was greeted with a standing ovation, one of many throughout the night. The enthusiasm grew with each song as he performed a variety of his songs as well as a few Fleetwood Mac hits. Lindsey’s incendiary performance was one that will not be forgotten. Whether it is his impeccable guitar playing or his embracing voice that drew you in, you were kept in awe from start to finish.

The band flowed with precision and delivered an unwavering passion for the music. Lindsey took to performing several songs on his own and the crowd cheered in appreciation with more standing ovations. The fans sang along, danced in the aisles and had their hearts filled with the gift of music. It was an absolute magical evening.

Check out some photos of the night by our Rockin Ryan:

Lindsey just released Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham, a comprehensive record of his illustrious career. The 3-disc set on CD is available on Rhino Records and you can head over here to pick the set here: https://lnk.to/LBAnthology

Old 10-25-2018, 01:00 AM
Ledgie

Songs featured:
01 - Don't Look Down (0:00 - 0:28)
02 - Go Insane (0:28 - 1:33)
03 - Surrender the Rain (1:33 - 3:08)
05 - Doing What I Can (3:09 - 4:43)
06 - Trouble (4:44 - 5:57)
07 - I Must Go (5:57 - 7:27)
09 - Shut Us Down (7:27 - 11:47)
10 - Never Going Back Again (11:47 - 13:59)
12 - In Our Own Time (13:59 - 16:14)
13 - Slow Dancing (16:14 - 18:25)
17 - I'm So Afraid (18:25 - 20:54)
18 - Go Your Own Way (20:55 - 21:20)
19 - Turn It On (21:20 - 22:31)
20 - Down on Rodeo (22:31 - 23:23)
21 - Treason (23:23 - 25:23)

This was filmed very unprofessionally on an iPhone 7.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the videos, Elle and others. I can't get over how enjoyable everything is, especially the never-before-heard numbers from Go Insane and Out of the Cradle. The band is successfully replicating the lustrous sheen of the studio tracks every time out of the gate. I think Lindsey has this year's band fine tuned the way the 1993 band was fine tuned—every line and every piece of filigree are there and in balance with their surroundings. It's an orchestrative triumph. I'm sorry I missed the team play live at the Orpheum in Los Angeles. I wish the anthology had been held until after the tour—then it could have included many of these live performances. Both the spareness and the rococo luxuriance are perfectly complementary in these theaters with their excellent sound systems. This is the way to hear live music, as far as I'm concerned, not being packed in at the sports arena with 18,000 drunkards staggering and bellowing like Animal House. Fleetwood Mac is forced to crank up the gain on everything they do when they play a sports arena, which turns most of the show into sound sludge. In a theater, the Buckingham crew can create a much, much wider dynamic range, from hushed to ear-splitting and everything in between, as the song dictates. That's the beauty of an "intimate" venue.

The only thing I don't understand is why the people in the videos aren't dancing. Such beautifully proportioned live shows make it clearer than ever just what good dance music Lindsey Buckingham creates. These songs get down. This is propulsive folk-funk to make George Clinton throw his four-on-the-floor. Lindsey's got the mothership connection.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 10-25-2018 at 04:13 PM..
Old 10-25-2018, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Thanks for the videos, Elle and others. I can't get over how enjoyable everything is, especially the never-before-heard numbers from Go Insane and Out of the Cradle. The band is successfully replicating the lustrous sheen of the studio tracks every time out of the gate. I think Lindsey has this year's band fine tuned the way the 1993 band was fine tuned—every line and every piece of filigree are there and in balance with their surroundings. It's an orchestrative triumph. I'm sorry I missed the team play live at the Orpheum in Los Angeles. I wish the anthology had been held until after the tour—then it could have included many of these live performances. Both the spareness and the rococo luxuriance are perfectly complementary in these theaters with their excellent sound systems. This is the way to hear live music, as far as I'm concerned, not being packed in at the sports arena with 18,000 drunkards staggering and bellowing like Animal House. Fleetwood Mac is forced to crank up the gain on everything they do when they play a sports arena, which turns most of the show into sound sludge. In a theater, the Buckingham crew can create a much, much wider dynamic range, from hushed to ear-splitting and everything in between, as the song dictates. That's the beauty of an "intimate" venue.

The only thing I don't understand is why the people in the videos aren't dancing. Such beautifully proportioned live shows make it clearer than ever just what good dance music Lindsey Buckingham creates. These songs get down. This is propulsive folk-funk to make George Clinton throw his four-on-the-floor. Lindsey's got the mothership connection.
oh so glad you are checking them out!

check Atlanta thread for snippets of dancing. with these shows it seems to be completely dependent on the venue and the city / crowd. some venues don't allow people to get up and dance or to record, even take photos. other venues can't care less. so far Portland was ok (although many people were yelling at us to sit down), but Chicago, DC and Atlanta were the shows to be at. in Chicago and DC the whole orchestra was up on their feet the whole show. it was fantastic!

and - i finally got to meet jbrownsjr in person!! he came out to DC show and we had a fantastic time together with our whole international LB-following crew!

i've been going to LB solo / Mac / BuckVie tours, multiple dates since april 2011, and this tour is by far the best. setlist and the pacing and the sound - the sound!! - are all fantastic. i can't wait to go to another show. Slow Dancing, In Our Own Time and I Must Go are my favorites, the start with Don't Look Down and Go Insane is just thumping right of the gate, and then again the encore of Turn It On - Rodeo - Treason is just sublime!

Old 10-25-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default review

http://spinningplatters.com/2018/10/...source=twitter

Show Review: Lindsey Buckingham, JS Ondara at Palace Of Fine Arts, 10/9/18
by DAKIN HARDWICK on OCTOBER 25, 2018

Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham tours semi-frequently. Every few years, you generally can expect him to hit the road, playing a nice assortment of his eccentric solo work and hits from the Fleetwood Mac catalog. In most instances, this would be a pretty inconsequential tour. However, this being 2018, that means there’s gotta be something incredibly weird and divisive. In this case, the abrupt firing / quitting / temporary leave of Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac, followed by both Buckingham solo and a Buckingham-less Mac hitting the road AT THE SAME TIME, often times playing the same market only a few weeks apart.

So, yeah, this makes the current solo tour much more interesting. Is he going to do a full set of Fleetwood Mac hits, complete with his signature guitar work? Is he going to disregard all of their nonsense, and just play his solo work? Are we going to get a long, heated monologue about how awful it is working with Mick Fleetwood?

Before we find out those specifics, we were treated to an impressive opening set by JS Ondara. Ondara is a young songwriter from Kenya, by way of Minneapolis. He performed sparse, dark ballads alone, accompanied by only an acoustic guitar. His high-pitched voice is haunting and incredibly emotive. The most direct comparison I could come up with would be Anohni, during their work as Antony and The Johnsons, with just a hint of delta blues sprinkled on top. This set was chilling, and the tension from his songs was only broken by his occasional banter, poking fun at his own sincerity. This guy is good. We haven’t heard the last of JS Ondara.

After a short change over, Buckingham came out backed by a four piece band: a keyboardist, a bassist, a drummer, and a guy hiding in the back that seemed to have a laptop, a sampler, and a giant monitor. They launched into “Don’t Look Down” off of Buckingham’s 1992 record, Out Of The Cradle. This was the record that the bulk of the setlist was made up of. Yet, surprisingly, those songs got the most tepid response from the crowd.

The songs people were most excited about hearing were songs that really spotlight what Buckingham does best- deep, intense lyrics about anxiety and emotional instability, accompanied by some of the most ridiculous finger-picked guitar solos. Tracks like “Go Insane” and “Trouble” spotlighted these sides to him nicely. And the audience ate it all up, with folks being defiant of security to get up and dance.

About halfway through the set, the band left Buckingham alone with just an acoustic guitar and his voice, and, somehow, this cranked everything up a level. This short, 3-song acoustic set really showed off just how great a guitarist he is. With his own bare hands (I never once saw a guitar pick in his hands), he managed to sound like four guitarists at once. During this set he played “Shut Us Down” off the criminally underrated 2006 release Under The Skin, followed by his first two concessions to the Fleetwood Mac catalog- a stunning rendition of “Never Going Back Again” and a fiery, massive performance of “Big Love.” Never has a solo acoustic performance been so electric.

Coming back from the acoustic set, the band was in full crowd-pleaser mode. This meant we got to “Holiday Road,” commonly thought of as the theme to National Lampoon’s Vacation, complete the keyboardist and the “other guy” in the back jamming, but only using dog bark samples. It was so wonderfully weird that Buckingham tried to join in on the barking, but could only laugh instead. The energy from the stage was so silly at this point that, when they tried to play “Tusk,” they just couldn’t get it together right away. They had to stop about 40 seconds into the intro, and just laugh it all out again, this time making jokes about the horn section that wasn’t there, before they could get it together again. After they let it out, it turned into a particularly angry reading of “Tusk.” That took us into a spacey, psyched out version of “I’m Not Afraid,” one of Buckingham’s best anxiety songs. Closing with the crowd pleaser and one of the greatest break up songs in history, “Go Your Own Way,” with the entire crowd up and dancing and taking pictures, with security finally giving up and letting the audience, ahem, go their own way.

So, yeah, Buckingham killed it. This was an amazing, passionate performance. It’s gonna be tough for Fleetwood Mac to match this intensity and intimacy when they come around in December.