Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniLindsey
You and I should get along perfectly, because we both love Lindsey's guitar playing. However, although I can play nearly anything the man himself can (though not as well), I know nothing about the technical stuff.

By the way, what tuning is he using for Oh Daddy? I usually play it in Drop D.

I vaguely recall from a picture we were discussing in the Rumours forum about a year ago that he played it on the Rumours tour using a double neck (12 string and standard). I'm pretty sure they were both in standard tuning.

On the Dance tour, he used the Model One, and although it does make sense to use Drop D, I'm pretty sure he was using standard (low E) tuning. The only reason I know this (and this is surely unhealthy!) is that if you listen to the recording of "Oh Daddy" from Irvine Meadows, at the very end of the song you hear him (probably accidentally) hit the low E string, and you do hear a low E - i.e. not a D - and it actually creates a pretty annoying moment of dischording at the end of an otherwise awesome song! I love the solo he plays in the middle of that version....it's very Shadows-esque: twangy tone and in-your-face slapback echo!

I play it with pretty simple chords...variations of Dm, C, F etc etc...