User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
P.S. They will be dying off soon. They are old and God only knows what all the drugs have done to their bodies. The women in Stevie's family live long but I'm sure they didn't snort truckloads of cocaine for years. And John battled cancer.
They're still capable of creating another FM album, regardless their age. Unless one of them suffers a sudden death, I don't see any of them dying soon, not even John. His musical skills seem intact, IMO.

BUT, there won't be another album, thanks to guess who?

Mick wants to make a new album
John wants to make a new album
Lindsey wants to make a new album
Christine wants to make a new album
Stevie said a new album won't sell, which means 'no, I don't want to make a new album'.

So, who were we supposed to blame? John Courage?
No, I believe we should blame the only person who searched for excuses.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
So, who were we supposed to blame? No, I believe we should blame the only person who searched for excuses.
It's not about blaming, noone here expects everyone having the same opinion, it's about the manner. Personally I think it's cool every reasoned disagreement about anyone and from anyone, what it's not cool is continuous taunting or baiting with insults or sexist remarks.
Lately the board was calming down, I hope it won't start up again.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
This happens in every work environment. If you're the least talented or experienced, you don't ask to be in charge. Simple as that. I can't even understand how she's in charge in her solo work, because probably every person sorrounding her has more musical expertise.
Actually it depends, most good leaders aren't at all the most expert or talented at doing something when it's about creative tasks, they're the ones who knows how to manage work and which people to be surrounded with and to give the right tasks to. Otherwise, if you think about it wouldn't they then just do those tasks themselves? Instead they coordinate and employ others who are more specifically knowledgeable of them but only in a single specific sector, while they have a generalized knowledge that permits them to organize and complete the whole.

This could very probably be the case with Stevie's solo career, where she doesn't know how to exactly achieve the result-song she wants but hires what she deems as the best musicians and staff that do the necessary practical tasks for her and achieve the results she wants.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Actually it depends, most good leaders aren't at all the most expert or talented at doing something when it's about creative tasks, they're the ones who knows how to manage work and which people to be surrounded with and to give the right tasks to. Otherwise, if you think about it wouldn't they then just do those tasks themselves? Instead they coordinate and employ others who are more specifically knowledgeable of them but only in a single specific sector, while they have a generalized knowledge that permits them to organize and complete the whole.

This could very probably be the case with Stevie's solo career, where she doesn't know how to exactly achieve the result-song she wants but hires what she deems as the best musicians and staff that do the necessary practical tasks for her and achieve the results she wants.
DAMN, THAT'S GOOD, REALLY GOOD!!!
Old 04-16-2017, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm a leader in my work group and many, many, many times I have to do things by myself. That doesn't mean I'm a bad leader, it means I'm sorrounded by people who doesn't know how to do the job or doesn't want to learn, and there's nothing I can do about it but do the job myself. But then I don't work in a creative environment.

Yeah, of course, money can buy everything, even talent.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."

Last edited by button-lip; 04-16-2017 at 06:38 PM..
Old 04-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's not about blaming, noone here expects everyone having the same opinion, it's about the manner. Personally I think it's cool every reasoned disagreement about anyone and from anyone, what it's not cool is continuous taunting or baiting with insults or sexist remarks.
Lately the board was calming down, I hope it won't start up again.
I never insulted anyone. I'm just frustrated, like many people here. I guess it's good to have many places other than this board to vent.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-16-2017 at 06:56 PM..
Old 04-16-2017, 06:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

Beyond happy that Nicks won't be on this....McVie and Buckingham are amazing. If they need a third voice...any 3rd grader with no vocal training could out do Nicks
Old 04-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymaycen View Post
Beyond happy that Nicks won't be on this....McVie and Buckingham are amazing. If they need a third voice...any 3rd grader with no vocal training could out do Nicks
Don't be a dick. Let's keep her name out of this.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes it was.
So, then it wasn't really much of a headscratcher. People dug it in 1987 (and the crowd at the Tina Turner show he opened for immediately knew what it was when he started singing.)

Quote:
Its also lost in the heap of lousy lost 80's pop songs.
So YOU don't like it. That doesn't change the fact it was one of the bigger hits of their career.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-16-2017, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They're still capable of creating another FM album, regardless their age. Unless one of them suffers a sudden death, I don't see any of them dying soon, not even John. His musical skills seem intact, IMO.

Stevie said a new album won't sell, which means 'no, I don't want to make a new album'.

God I love you being here on the Ledge.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
God I love you being here on the Ledge.
Thaaaaanks! I don't feel it very much lately!

I'm strong, I'm brave, I won't cry!
Old 04-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thaaaaanks! I don't feel it very much lately!

I'm strong, I'm brave, I won't cry!
Our wagons are circled, and our camp is growing daily!

Thank you for your honest posts!
Old 04-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Bingo.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Isn't it a shame?

Yes it is; I've been a Fleetwood Mac fan for 30 years and enjoy listening to the music of all incarnations of the band. I'll admit to being less of a fan of Stevie and her music than I am of either Lindsey or Christine and I am so frustrated by her attitude. I think her ego is detestable.
However I find it pretty sad the number of people calling her all manner of disgusting things. Grown-up men (and quite possibly women too, but mostly men, I think) thinking its funny to write 'burn the witch' and the like. I respect the right to free speech but come on ffs, grow up people and put things into perspective
This. This. And more of this. Maybe I'm biased because I love Stevie with all of my heart, but I also hate seeing people calling her horrible things in every thread. Those who dislike have that right but do we really have to have the constant name calling?
Old 04-17-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:
I never insulted anyone. I'm just frustrated, like many people here. I guess it's good to have many places other than this board to vent.
In fact I haven't said that you in particular have insulted anyone (at least from what I've seen since I'm not always here)
I just said that there are many ways to disagree and there have been instances in the past in which disagreements weren't expressed in a healthy way. It's only normal that people were frustrated by this just like you are frustrated by the musical situation.

Quote:
I'm a leader in my work group and many, many, many times I have to do things by myself. That doesn't mean I'm a bad leader, it means I'm sorrounded by people who doesn't know how to do the job or doesn't want to learn, and there's nothing I can do about it but do the job myself. But then I don't work in a creative environment.

Yeah, of course, money can buy everything, even talent.
I obviously can't know if you're a bad leader, but it seems you have a dysfunctional work place. Of course there are many different types of leadership and none is the best in absolute terms, but it rather depends on the job, the project in question and both the personality and other qualities of the leader and of the different people involved, hoewever creative environments usually suffer from traditional types of leaderships "Top-Down".

I've personally never believed in the concept that "money can buy everything" and "money can buy talent"; money can buy a "service" or a "performance" but can't buy ideas.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-17-2017 at 05:57 AM..