Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

It would be worth it just to get a professional release of running through the garden!!!
Old 04-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It would be worth it just to get a professional release of running through the garden!!!
YES!!!!! Agreed
Old 04-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Which version do you prefer???

Never heard the first one, but I REALLY like it! Interesting that this song was in the running many times...still never made it onto the album(s).
Old 04-09-2017, 07:17 AM
Junior Ledgie

Apart from the already mentioned, I really enjoyed "Priest of Nothing" - I hope there is a clearer version from the recording sessions so it can be included in the deluxe edition. "Mirror, Mirror" & "Tied up in Promises" are also two of my favourites from the outtakes.
There seem to be more outtakes and demos from Rock a Little than any of Stevie's other records, it'd be a shame if we never got to hear the remastered versions
Old 04-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

The original album remastered, and 2 discs of demos and outtakes. My favs would be "Running Through The Garden", "Love Is Like A River", "I Call You Missing", "At The Fair", and along with basically all the others as I love just about everything she did during this era. I love the 80's sound. I really like the demos for "Sister Honey", "The Nightmare" and the title track. Oh, and of course that urgent sounding outtake of "Thousand Days" with the wailing saxophone. But the most important thing to me about all these demos and outtakes is that they're presented with better sound quality. I would be a happy camper for sure!
Old 04-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The song is terrible, but FM allready did one. Unless that's a dig.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
I have my doubt about the deluxe expanded editions moving past Rumours era lineup (sidenote: they need to get out a White album release with live Why and Rhiannon already!), but see no reason they should stop with Stevie's albums!

Rock a Little may not be an album I'm a huge fan of, or one of her better remembered records, but I'd still love to hear a remaster and expanded version of the album. We all know there's a WEALTH of material.

Disc 1: Original album remastered

Disc 2: Demos and Outtakes
1. Mirror, Mirror
2. Running Through the Garden
3. What has Rock & Roll Ever Done For You?
4. Battle of the Dragon (or maybe a version with Tom Petty)
5. One More Big Time Rock & Roll Star
6. Tied Up (In Promises)
7. Thousand Days
8. Long Way to Go
9. The Nightmare (extended version)
10. At the Fair (if this is OSOTM, then Reconsider Me)
11. Night Gallery
12. Jimmy Don't Lose Your Heart
And fill out the rest with alternate versions or demos of album songs

Disc 3: Maybe a live set? I'm really not big on her live vocals from this era but a full set with I Can't Wait, No Spoken Word, and Talk to Me would be alright.

What do you all think?
It would be great! There was SO much recorded for RAL.

If they did a live disc, it would probably be the Red Rocks show. Of course, "live" is subjective since the whole thing was dubbed over for commercial release. But if she redid any other songs from the show, I'd love to hear those, as well.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
It would be great! There was SO much recorded for RAL.

If they did a live disc, it would probably be the Red Rocks show. Of course, "live" is subjective since the whole thing was dubbed over for commercial release. But if she redid any other songs from the show, I'd love to hear those, as well.
I agree! To my knowledge, I Can't Wait, SDMHA, Rhiannon, and HSML were all omitted for the final cut... it would be awesome to have them
Old 04-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
Jimmy Come on Back!!

Or is that Wild Heart era?
Speaking of this, does anyone know if a clearer version of this song exists. The only one I have ever heard is rather distorted, but other than that I think this song is awesome. I would love to have it on a Deluxe RAL.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Which version do you prefer???

Middle, definitely!
Old 04-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So I "Facebook stalked" Bill Inglot, who is the guy at Rhino who put together the Expanded "Bella Donna" and "Wild Heart", as well as the Deluxe "Tango" (since Ken had nothing to do with that album). Turns out that Bill and I have a couple of mutual Facebook friends from Nashville. I complimented him on the great job he did with the Stevie remasters. I didn't even think about asking if they were planning on doing anymore expanded editions in her catalog...BUT...he DID address the possibility when he sent back this short reply...

"Thanks for the nice complement. I thought they came out pretty well and I hope that we can do the next two but there is not a firm plan for that at the moment"

To which I replied, "Oh wow! So there is talk of a Deluxe Rock A Little and Other Side of the Mirror? That would be great! Fingers crossed. I also hope for a Deluxe set of Fleetwood Mac's 1975 white album too, since they've already released the other four. 🙂 Thanks for replying. Appreciate it!"

And the last thing he wrote to me (probably rolling his eyes realizing he's communicating with yet another Stevie fanatic )...

"I wouldn't even say there is talk. At this point, it's been tentatively discussed but I wouldn't bet on it. As far as the 1975 album that's far more likely but also not firm."

That kind of bummed me out. The fact that with all three, they've basically been discussed but nothing is on the horizon for the near future. Boo!!! And the fact that he even says "I wouldn't bet on it." To me, that says that sales for BD and WH remasters probably weren't substantial enough to warrant anymore. I hope I'm wrong...and I hope he's wrong too. But it still sucks knowing we won't be seeing anything very soon...or maybe at all.

Still, though, it was nice of him to reply.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So I "Facebook stalked" Bill Inglot, who is the guy at Rhino who put together the Expanded "Bella Donna" and "Wild Heart", as well as the Deluxe "Tango" (since Ken had nothing to do with that album). Turns out that Bill and I have a couple of mutual Facebook friends from Nashville. I complimented him on the great job he did with the Stevie remasters. I didn't even think about asking if they were planning on doing anymore expanded editions in her catalog...BUT...he DID address the possibility when he sent back this short reply...

"Thanks for the nice complement. I thought they came out pretty well and I hope that we can do the next two but there is not a firm plan for that at the moment"

To which I replied, "Oh wow! So there is talk of a Deluxe Rock A Little and Other Side of the Mirror? That would be great! Fingers crossed. I also hope for a Deluxe set of Fleetwood Mac's 1975 white album too, since they've already released the other four. 🙂 Thanks for replying. Appreciate it!"

And the last thing he wrote to me (probably rolling his eyes realizing he's communicating with yet another Stevie fanatic )...

"I wouldn't even say there is talk. At this point, it's been tentatively discussed but I wouldn't bet on it. As far as the 1975 album that's far more likely but also not firm."

That kind of bummed me out. The fact that with all three, they've basically been discussed but nothing is on the horizon for the near future. Boo!!! And the fact that he even says "I wouldn't bet on it." To me, that says that sales for BD and WH remasters probably weren't substantial enough to warrant anymore. I hope I'm wrong...and I hope he's wrong too. But it still sucks knowing we won't be seeing anything very soon...or maybe at all.

Still, though, it was nice of him to reply.
Maybe if he receives more messages it could hint that there is actually demand for this, but again, probably unlikely.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The White Album WILL get the Deluxe treatment. No doubt in my mind. I'm also certain Rock a Little will be rereleased, just like BD and TWH. He may not be in the loop about the White Album.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
He may not be in the loop about the White Album.
Bill Inglot IS the loop! LOL! He's been responsible for overseeing every remaster that Rhino has put out in the last 20+ years, including all the FM deluxe editions from Rumours to Tango. He's the first to know about everything.

It would be foolish not to "round out" the Rumours line up albums with the fifth album, so I too believe that there will be a Deluxe 1975 White album, more so than RAL or TOSOTM according to Bill's comments. I just don't think we'll be seeing anything anytime soon based on his comments.

Last edited by sorcerer999; 04-12-2017 at 11:27 AM..
Old 04-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool thanks for reporting sorcerer!