The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 04-03-2017, 01:40 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,385
Default

I thought this was the OSOTM thread?



__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-03-2017, 01:43 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I thought this was the OSOTM thread?



The best thing is that I didn't even want to post it here, I just clicked on the wrong open window.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Street_Dreamer's Avatar
Street_Dreamer Street_Dreamer is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Eureka, CA
Posts: 550
Default

The instrumental interlude between Parts I and II of You And I is very reminiscent of something that John Stewart would have done.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:12 PM
GypsySorcerer's Avatar
GypsySorcerer GypsySorcerer is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: KY
Posts: 6,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I hung in there for that album. Then after this I was done. Her voice is still really good on this album. IMO
She started to become soulless after this.
She started to lose me on Rock A Little, although I agree her voice was better on OSOTM. Now Street Angel....I haven't listened to that album in YEARS.

I do like TISL and especially In Your Dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:29 PM
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I agree, the Dance saved her solo career, but it also did the same for the legacy of Fleetwood Mac, too. Otherwise, the world's last impressions of them would have been either the inauguration and or touring with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar. They all benefited from the Dance, Stevie most of all.
I agree and remember being so happy she was singing normally again. That over the top warble/wail was grating to put it mildly. I was a fan again....until recently.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:36 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
She started to lose me on Rock A Little, although I agree her voice was better on OSOTM. Now Street Angel....I haven't listened to that album in YEARS.

I do like TISL and especially In Your Dreams.
I don't care for her voice so much on IYD. But, I will say the last half of IYD isn't bad at all. I don't like the 24K. Those songs were made for her young voice.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:59 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't care for her voice so much on IYD. But, I will say the last half of IYD isn't bad at all. I don't like the 24K. Those songs were made for her young voice.
Maybe she should get a voice transplant.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-04-2017, 04:51 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree and remember being so happy she was singing normally again. That over the top warble/wail was grating to put it mildly. I was a fan again....until recently.
I don't care for Stevie's voice during The Dance. Her voice became flat and it was embarrassing bad during several songs live (I was there). The recording, Silver Springs and much of the "live" performance really was not live. Unless you saw them in concert you got to hear it. My local newspaper even commented that Stevie became fat and flat. The fat part was crude but the flat part was fair. Stevie even hired a voice coach for the tour. So I don't understand the comments about how great she sounded for the Dance. For the first time in concert, Stevie could no longer hit the high notes. This was a big change.
__________________
Let's go Buck/McVie

Last edited by Macfan4life : 04-04-2017 at 04:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-04-2017, 09:00 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm so in love with

Special Kind of Love

Sounds a bit unfinished, but very BuckVie..
This reminds me of Time Bomb Town.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-04-2017, 12:12 PM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't care for her voice so much on IYD. But, I will say the last half of IYD isn't bad at all. I don't like the 24K. Those songs were made for her young voice.
To each their own! I remember being horrified when it was announced 24 KG was going to be the name of that record because all of the demo versions are soooo terrible. And I think the demo of Mabel Normand is awful too. I think The Dealer demos are not awful, just boring. However I love the versions recorded versions for the record.

I think of All the Beautiful Worlds and If You Were My Love as having two versions. The versions in her younger voice are the versions I listen to when I want to dance around (I HATE the ATBW demo they put on TWH, why that version???) and the versions on the 24KG version are darker and more mysterious and I like them when I am in a reflective mood.

I hate I Don't Care, one of her worst songs.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-04-2017, 02:03 PM
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't care for her voice so much on IYD. But, I will say the last half of IYD isn't bad at all. I don't like the 24K. Those songs were made for her young voice.
I agree. I really liked In Your Dreams but the production on 24k is so bland! Believe it or not STEVIE sometimes Lindsey can make your songs way more interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-04-2017, 02:11 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
To each their own! I remember being horrified when it was announced 24 KG was going to be the name of that record because all of the demo versions are soooo terrible. And I think the demo of Mabel Normand is awful too. I think The Dealer demos are not awful, just boring. However I love the versions recorded versions for the record.

I think of All the Beautiful Worlds and If You Were My Love as having two versions. The versions in her younger voice are the versions I listen to when I want to dance around (I HATE the ATBW demo they put on TWH, why that version???) and the versions on the 24KG version are darker and more mysterious and I like them when I am in a reflective mood.

I hate I Don't Care, one of her worst songs.
It's definitely a matter of taste for her tunes, era and producers. Very subjective. I loathe when she plays piano. Most people hate Joan of Arc and I love it.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr : 04-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-04-2017, 02:21 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's definitely a matter of taste for her tunes, era and producers. Very subjective. I loathe when she plays piano. Most people hate Joan of Arc and I love it.
I think there are more admirers for Joan of Arc than you think, there were a lot of people indignant because it wasn't included in the reissue.
But I agree that it's very much a matter of personal tastes, for example I think that 24K Gold is one of her best albums, for me it comes before The Other Side of the Mirror.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree. I really liked In Your Dreams but the production on 24k is so bland! Believe it or not STEVIE sometimes Lindsey can make your songs way more interesting.
I just saw Stevie in concert and she said that when she was going to record 24k Gold she told all the players and producers to keep the songs the exact same way because they were too special to mess with. I too don't care for 24k Gold and now I know why. They are good songs but lack some magic and creative input. The demos are good but that is what makes a great producer... turning a good demo into a great song.
Sheryl Crow destroyed TISRL IMHO. Same beat almost every song. The songs all sound like demos like a blob of clay waiting for a good producer to turn them into 24k Gold (sorry I could not resist that one)
__________________
Let's go Buck/McVie
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-04-2017, 03:37 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I think there are more admirers for Joan of Arc than you think, there were a lot of people indignant because it wasn't included in the reissue.
But I agree that it's very much a matter of personal tastes, for example I think that 24K Gold is one of her best albums, for me it comes before The Other Side of the Mirror.
I love OSOTM... I listened to it, yesterday. Shut up, HOMER!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture1981 Press Photo Billy Burnette, entertainer - nop12943
$15.88
1981 Press Photo Billy Burnette, entertainer - nop12943 picture1980 Press Photo Billy Burnette Guitarist Singer Songwriter - cvp00055
$12.99
1980 Press Photo Billy Burnette Guitarist Singer Songwriter - cvp00055 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved