The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:35 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think you are right - they'll do 6 new songs and then all their FM hits. but i couldn't resist skipping most of their FM hits and put in some deep cuts on my list, making a compromise.
Oh, I agree. I'd love some deep cuts. In place of "Landslide," I'd love an acoustic reworking of "Never Make Me Cry," but I can't imagine them doing that.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:41 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,977
Default

Why on earth would they do Landslide??
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:48 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Why on earth would they do Landslide??
I was saying in place of where Landslide is typically in the Fleetwood Mac set, Buckingham McVie could do an acoustic version of Never Make Me Cry.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:51 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I was saying in place of where Landslide is typically in the Fleetwood Mac set, Buckingham McVie could do an acoustic version of Never Make Me Cry.
I know.. Olive mentioned them doing it.. and then when it came up again.. I thought.. huh?? I am so sick of that song.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-14-2017, 08:14 PM
annabellee annabellee is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 171
Default

Lindstine should do a double bill tour with Stevie. I could get into that!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-14-2017, 08:19 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
Lindstine should do a double bill tour with Stevie. I could get into that!
no Stevie on the album, no Stevie on tour to promote that album. which also means no drama. simple.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-14-2017, 08:22 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Oh, I agree. I'd love some deep cuts. In place of "Landslide," I'd love an acoustic reworking of "Never Make Me Cry," but I can't imagine them doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This is so exciting. I think they could do solo material. It's not a Fleetwood Mac show. It's Buckingham/McVie
yeah i think that Steve and i are still a bit stuck in the mindset that they'd be going under Fleetwood Mac moniker - and they have so many FM hits between the 2 of them, certainly more than BN version of FM that always had to do 1 - 2 of Christine's songs had. since that's out now, i guess they really can do whatever they want. solo, mac, anything. exciting!!
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-14-2017, 08:37 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,977
Default

They can even do Christine Perfect material.

Without the Fmac name the possibilities are endless.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-14-2017, 08:55 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
What size venues do you think they'll play? Elle wrote that she thinks they will play Fillmore size venues (small), but I just can not imagine them not being able to play larger places, like maybe the Greek Theater.

Kevin
no, i wrote i WISH they would play that size venues and not arenas or sheds.

i think they'd be able to play whatever they want, although for arenas they may need a co-act since they are not going out as Fleetwood Mac. in reality. they will probably chose to play 3-4k theaters.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:40 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah i think that Steve and i are still a bit stuck in the mindset that they'd be going under Fleetwood Mac moniker - and they have so many FM hits between the 2 of them, certainly more than BN version of FM that always had to do 1 - 2 of Christine's songs had. since that's out now, i guess they really can do whatever they want. solo, mac, anything. exciting!!
It's exciting to think of this as a blank slate, but the reality is that they have histories of playing it safe with setlists in their solo ventures, and I don't think that will change with this. If anything, I think they'll go safer.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-15-2017, 12:54 AM
pattyfan pattyfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no, i wrote i WISH they would play that size venues and not arenas or sheds.

i think they'd be able to play whatever they want, although for arenas they may need a co-act since they are not going out as Fleetwood Mac. in reality. they will probably chose to play 3-4k theaters.

Oh, sorry, my bad. I wish too I can't imagine seeing Chris and Lindsey at the Fillmore Let's keep our fingers crossed
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-15-2017, 02:21 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Oh, sorry, my bad. I wish too I can't imagine seeing Chris and Lindsey at the Fillmore Let's keep our fingers crossed
The smaller the better. I would love to see them intimately.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-15-2017, 03:00 PM
nicepace nicepace is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
Posts: 747
Default

When Christine toured to promote her self-titled album in the 1980s, she played two of her FM songs from the "Bob Welch era." They were "Spare Me a Little" and "Just Crazy Love." I would LOVE to hear those two, or for that matter, just about any of her songs from those five great albums.

I don't really expect it, but it's fun to fantasize.
__________________
-Joanne (from Cape Cod)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-15-2017, 03:01 PM
pattyfan pattyfan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
When Christine toured to promote her self-titled album in the 1980s, she played two of her FM songs from the "Bob Welch era." They were "Spare Me a Little" and "Just Crazy Love." I would LOVE to hear those two, or for that matter, just about any of her songs from those five great albums.

I don't really expect it, but it's fun to fantasize.

I agree 100% with you. If Stevie can pull out Crying in the Night, they can certainly pull out one of Chris's old ones. Here's to hoping...


Kevin
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-19-2017, 02:01 AM
Conga Conga is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 40
Default

I hope if they do this they'll embrace solo songs and classic Rumors line-up tunes like stuff from Welch era for Christine.

Not in order, but..
The Chain
Countdown
Ask Anybody
Trouble
Everywhere
Bleed to Love Her
Love Will Show Us How
I'm So Afraid
Why
Surrender the Rain
Little Lies
Murrow Turning Over In His Grave
Isn't It Midnight
Big Love (full band version)
Love In Store
All My Sorrows
Sooner or Later (okay I'm sorry I really like this song)
Tusk
Tango in the Night
Wish You Were Here (the alternate version... live!)
Songbird

WOW, I'm dreaming, because it would just be the AM Radio hits and a few new songs, but a man can dream (hence the title of the thread haha)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved