The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:05 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I get to be Sheryl!!!!!


Because I DON'T want to sleep with Mick!!!!
You'll have to sleep with a mature Eric Clapton then.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:13 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
You'll have to sleep with a mature Eric Clapton then.
I'd take Clapton just so I could have something in common with Pattie Boyd. I'll never understand why anyone was sexually attracted to Mick tbh.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:15 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'd take Clapton just so I could have something in common with Pattie Boyd. I'll never understand why anyone was sexually attracted to Mick tbh.
He looks nasty, and smelly, too!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:21 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He looks nasty, and smelly, too!
I imagine he has enough $ to buy soap, but what you say is what the drummer from Buckingham-Nicks said about Mick when that brief q&a was taking place on welcomechris's site.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's the meanest thing you've ever said to me!!

I love you, too!
Would you say that to Bob Dylan?
__________________
Let's go Buck/McVie
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:46 PM
Newzchspy's Avatar
Newzchspy Newzchspy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL U.S.A.
Posts: 355
Default

Why does this thread sound like an Arnel v. Steve P thread??

Fact is Sheryl wasn't asked and won't be. Lindsey doesn't need another female singer in the band and seriously, what would she add anyway??
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:51 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I imagine he has enough $ to buy soap, but what you say is what the drummer from Buckingham-Nicks said about Mick when that brief q&a was taking place on welcomechris's site.
I was also thinking that I read it somewhere, too, that he was smelly.

I'll bet that's where it was!

Was that Gary Hodges??? If so, I'm fb friends with him, but unfollowed him a long time ago, because he posted too many annoying things.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-20-2017, 04:53 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Why does this thread sound like an Arnel v. Steve P thread??

Fact is Sheryl wasn't asked and won't be. Lindsey doesn't need another female singer in the band and seriously, what would she add anyway??
I ADORE Arnel! Steve didn't want to tour with them, so they found someone amazing who did. Most of the fans genuinely like him, IMO.

I'm glad that you know all the facts. It's about time someone around here does!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-20-2017, 05:02 PM
Newzchspy's Avatar
Newzchspy Newzchspy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL U.S.A.
Posts: 355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I ADORE Arnel! Steve didn't want to tour with them, so they found someone amazing who did. Most of the fans genuinely like him, IMO.

I'm glad that you know all the facts. It's about time someone around here does!:wavey:
From one old grizzled veteran of the Ledge Wars to another, I truly don't know all the facts, BUT have always treated the music business the way it should be: A BUSINESS!! Fact is, Sheryl would add nothing, despite (at that time) Christine's absence. I think one dose of estrogen per day from Stevie is more than enough for Lindsey. He's got enough of that at home with all the girls and no boys.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-20-2017, 05:07 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
From one old grizzled veteran of the Ledge Wars to another, I truly don't know all the facts, BUT have always treated the music business the way it should be: A BUSINESS!! Fact is, Sheryl would add nothing, despite (at that time) Christine's absence. I think one dose of estrogen per day from Stevie is more than enough for Lindsey. He's got enough of that at home with all the girls and no boys.
And I think the last thing Lindsey would want, would be for Stevie to have an ally in the band.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Newzchspy's Avatar
Newzchspy Newzchspy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL U.S.A.
Posts: 355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And I think the last thing Lindsey would want, would be for Stevie to have an ally in the band.
ONCE Mick and Lindsey lost interest in trying to get into her pants, she lost a whole lot of leverage there. Now, its Christine who has all the bargaining chips......
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:35 PM
lilyfee's Avatar
lilyfee lilyfee is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
ONCE Mick and Lindsey lost interest in trying to get into her pants, she lost a whole lot of leverage there. Now, its Christine who has all the bargaining chips......
Sexist much? Sheryl Crow joining or not joining the band was not based on anyone's sexual attraction to Stevie. Nor, as a matter of fact, was Stevie's membership/"leverage" in the band. Stevie's "leverage," which IMHO clearly endures today, is grounded in established songwriting talent and performance ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
I think one dose of estrogen per day from Stevie is more than enough for Lindsey. He's got enough of that at home with all the girls and no boys.
And as for too much estrogen, are you kidding me? Two women (one theatrical, one chill) on three men (2/3 equally dramatic, one chill)? Poor, poor Lindsey. Also, doesn't Lindsey have a son??

I can't picture Sheryl in Fleetwood Mac, because there is no way she could replace Christine, if that was the original intention. It would be an odd pairing for sure. Based on the earlier posts it sounds like Stevie asked her privately about joining and Sheryl killed her own chances when she went to the media. But who knows what Stevie had originally envisioned for her, other than a companion in the band. As a background singer or something like that, she would probably be alright... As a lead singer/songwriter, that would drastically change the dynamic of the band for the worse.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:26 PM
rubylounge rubylounge is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States by the sea
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Until Christine came back, Colbie Caillat would have been my pick. She had a few of her own hits, her voice could easily cover Christine's songs, and there's a natural connection with the band, although I didn't know how bad relations between Ken and the band had gotten.
Colbie was just playing a venue with Mick in Maui a week or two ago. She sounded great on GYOW.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-09-2017, 04:03 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,951
Default

a clickbait article following on the same theme -



"Lindsey Buckingham BANNED This A-Lister From Joining Fleetwood Mac
Sheryl Crow reportedly was set to join pal Stevie Nicks and her band, Fleetwood Mac, but member Lindsey Buckingham nixed it."

apparently Fleetwood Mac is "Nicks' band" but nevertheless some lowly member of that band managed to ban Sheryl from joining.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-09-2017, 07:52 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
apparently Fleetwood Mac is "Nicks' band" but nevertheless some lowly member of that band managed to ban Sheryl from joining.
Maybe if she had joined the band she would have collaborated on a new FM album. But wait, Stevie would have been her boss because after all, it's HER band and she would have said 'no'.
So thank you, Lindsey, if indeed you banned poor Sheryl!
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..."- Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031
$29.88
1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031 picture1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo
$20.0
1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo picture1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$11.91
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$11.91
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved