Addicted Ledgie

Default Birmingham AL

from

@TotesInapprops
SO GOOD. #LindseyBuckingham http://lockerz.com/s/228566981
Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

‏@itsTHEJCLentine
Lindsey Buckingham is the master at his craft. No pick. All finger-picking. So amazing. #acousticgold

‏@tleroadrunner
Just saw the greatest guitarist ever Lindsey buckingham

@ColursoBhamNews
Intense guitar work at Lindsey Buckingham’s solo concert tonight at Alys Stephens Center in Bham. Yes, the guy can play.

‏@ColursoBhamNews
The Buckingham show was short, however. One-hour set, single-song encore. Went by in a flash at Stephens Center in Bham.

‏@dawehbon
@Lndsybuckingham last night's concert in Birmingham, AL was simply incredible. Thank you, for allowing us have a part of your music.

Last edited by elle; 07-27-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Old 07-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Just got back from the show. Lindsey was terrific, although the start was a bit rough and there appeared to be some sound problems, at least at first. It was still fabulous. It reinforced my admiration for him to see him up there performing brilliantly song after song. It also adds an extra layer of intensity when it's just him. I feel like giving too many standing ovations cheapens them... But he was so amazing on so many songs.... So we just had to keep standing up! The crowd was rather sedate otherwise but you could tell people were into it, even if they weren't doing much moving.

The only song I found a bit disappointing was ISA. Not because of Lindsey... He was working it! It's just that the drum is so integral to the song and using a drum track isn't nearly as powerful. I'm probably a bit pickier about it, though, because it's one of my favorite songs.

The other negative: too short! Stevie played longer as an opening act! know it must be tiring to do a one- man show, but surely there are some less arduous songs he can add. "Holiday Road," for instance. Since almost all of the songs he does now are very intense and not really dance-able, that could give us all a chance to lighten up!

Still, I feel I got my money's worth. Lindsey was really throwing himself into it. He looked like he was about to fall over after ISA! He gives it all he's got and it really shows.

On a personal level, I just felt so freaking lucky to be there and hear him do "Stephanie" live. I never thought I would ever hear him play that. Magnificent!

He took several minutes to reminisce about playing Birmingham as part of Buckingham Nicks, and how they had such a great following here. He even said that he wonders to this day if they made the right decision to join FM. There were some people in the audience who had seen that sold out show back in 1975 - one of them was sitting next to me. The sense of history was very potent, especially after the standing ovation he got after "Stephanie."

I'm already looking forward to seeing another show tomorrow!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks sodascouts! Was the set list the same as previous legs?
Old 07-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
On a personal level, I just felt so freaking lucky to be there and hear him do "Stephanie" live. I never thought I would ever hear him play that. Magnificent!

He took several minutes to reminisce about playing Birmingham as part of Buckingham Nicks, and how they had such a great following here. He even said that he wonders to this day if they made the right decision to join FM. There were some people in the audience who had seen that sold out show back in 1975 - one of them was sitting next to me. The sense of history was very potent, especially after the standing ovation he got after "Stephanie."
Awesome!! That's really cool.

Thanks for the review!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just got back from the show. Lindsey was terrific, although the start was a bit rough and there appeared to be some sound problems, at least at first. It was still fabulous. It reinforced my admiration for him to see him up there performing brilliantly song after song. It also adds an extra layer of intensity when it's just him. I feel like giving too many standing ovations cheapens them... But he was so amazing on so many songs.... So we just had to keep standing up! The crowd was rather sedate otherwise but you could tell people were into it, even if they weren't doing much moving.

The only song I found a bit disappointing was ISA. Not because of Lindsey... He was working it! It's just that the drum is so integral to the song and using a drum track isn't nearly as powerful. I'm probably a bit pickier about it, though, because it's one of my favorite songs.

The other negative: too short! Stevie played longer as an opening act! know it must be tiring to do a one- man show, but surely there are some less arduous songs he can add. "Holiday Road," for instance. Since almost all of the songs he does now are very intense and not really dance-able, that could give us all a chance to lighten up!

Still, I feel I got my money's worth. Lindsey was really throwing himself into it. He looked like he was about to fall over after ISA! He gives it all he's got and it really shows.

glad you had great time Nancy - and thanks so much for reporting back so fast!!

so just to make sure - exact same setlist as previous legs, right?
(you better add some stuff Lindsey...)
Old 07-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yes - there has been no change in the setlist.

Btw I gotta vent about the merch. It was nothing but leftovers! They were even selling shirts with 2008 tour dates on the back! Come on!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes - there has been no change in the setlist.

Btw I gotta vent about the merch. It was nothing but leftovers! They were even selling shirts with 2008 tour dates on the back! Come on!
yup, it was like that the whole tour.

gotta resort to making own shirts b/c there's nothing good offered.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's great how he tailored his comments to the location, remembering what must have been such an amazing night for the duo. What special words.

Thanks for the review.

Michele
Old 07-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Aww that gave me chills....
Old 07-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Nancy, I wish I'd known you were there... it would have been nice to meet another long-time Ledgie! I took my son to the show. It was his first concert. We had a blast, and oddly though I was a little ticked about the short show, it was perfect for a four year old!

Here is the setlist:
Castaway Dreams
Bleed To Love Her (loved this one solo!)
Not Too Late
Stephanie (was good not only to see the historical significance of the standing O, but to see LB acknowledge it)
Come
Shut Us Down
Go Insane
Never Going Back Again
Big Love
I'm So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
Trouble
Seeds We Sow

My son's favorite song is "Stars Are Crazy," so we were disappointed we didn't get to hear it. Still, great show, and I had him in bed by 10:00.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "short but stellar" - review

"short but stellar" review from http://www.al.com/entertainment/inde...lo_concer.html pasted here - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...0&postcount=64
Old 07-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Right on. That's really a great review
But only seven guitars in Brimingham???
Old 07-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
i think this reporter has trouble counting stuff. right after the show she tweeted there was a 1-song encore, causing outcry of responses before she realized she was wrong and corrected the number lol.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
@ColursoBhamNews
Intense guitar work at Lindsey Buckingham’s solo concert tonight at Alys Stephens Center in Bham. Yes, the guy can play.

‏@ColursoBhamNews
The Buckingham show was short, however. One-hour set, single-song encore. Went by in a flash at Stephens Center in Bham.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
the reporter who wrote the review is the same one who tweeted the above during / right after the show.