https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/r...rack-by-track/

http://seantcollins.com/2017/06/lind...ristine-mcvie/

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/leisure/m...st_West______/
Old 06-15-2017, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and more......

http://youngearsfreshperspective.blo...-mcvie-by.html

Young Ears, Fresh Perspective
This is a blog by Josh Leep that is dedicated to album reviews as well as rock news.

Thursday, June 15, 2017
Album Review: "Buckingham-McVie", by Buckingham-McVie

Ever since long time Fleetwood Mac keyboardist Christine McVie rejoined the band back in 2014, many fans of the band have been thrilled and have been hounding on whether or not there was to be a new album. However, many hopes were dashed when vocalist Stevie Nicks said that she had no desire to do such a thing due to the fact that putting all that time, effort, money, and soul into something would be a waste considering no one would buy it. However, that was not going to stop the rest of the band from being creative. The result: a collaboration album between Christine McVie and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham titled Buckingham-McVie.

What makes Buckingham-McVie even more special is that it features Fleetwood Mac bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood as the rhythm section. Essentially, this album was made by Fleetwood Mac sans-Nick (which in my opinion is an improvement). It was written and recorded over the past three years at Studio D at the Village Recorder, where Fleetwood Mac had written and recorded their acclaimed 1979 album Tusk in order to recapture some of the band's old musical chemistry.

Buckingham-McVie is like going into uncharted territory, but with an old friend at your side. It's still the kind of light soft pop rock you would come to expect from Fleetwood Mac, but turning a corner you didn't anticipate. You can definitely tell that they wanted to recapture some of the old Fleetwood Mac sound, but take it into some new directions in order to keep from getting stale and making the same albums over and over again as so many older artists are prone to do.

Moments where some of the older Fleetwood Mac sound shows through is in tunes like In My World, especially in the rhythm section. That McVie/Fleetwood rhythm machine is unmistakable no matter what the context. Red Sun sounds like a classic Christine McVie lead song. It is rather simplistic love-lorn pop ballad, but that's all it needs to be. For the most part it sounds like it could have easily been from their 70's/80's heyday. What really knocks it out of the part is the vocal harmonies in the chorus. They're incredibly rich and filling.

You can definitely tell this is a newer album though not just in the crisp, clear audio production, but just in some of the musical styles of the songs. Most of the album for the most part sounds fresh, although you can swear you have heard some of these songs before on your local light rock radio stations.

That is not to say that there is nothing original and new about them, but I swear I've heard countless tunes like Sleeping Around the Corner and Feel About You over the years with the kinds of basic tambourine and drum rhythm and vocal melodies and harmonies. I cut them some slack though because Fleetwood Mac invented pop rock as we know it today.

What I appreciate about Buckingham-McVie is all of its minor subtleties in terms of production. This is most certainly a headphone album because if you're listening close enough you can catch so many little details you might have easily missed otherwise. The stereo aspects of the production also make it that much richer of an experience. Lindsey Buckingham of course is one of the best producers of all time, so that definitely helped the album in this case.

Overall I wouldn't call Buckingham-McVie groundbreaking or a modern classic, but it is a very solid album. It shows that Fleetwood Mac still has a lot of chemistry and many things left to say as musicians. Nicks was definitely mistaken to pass up on this, but I think her absence made it that much stronger of an album. You can tell everyone was just trying to have fun and not trying to live up to a legacy or stroke their egos. It just goes to show you this band can still make good music without all the Rumours-era kind of drama going on. That said, you're sure to find some tunes on it that you like and find yourself singing along to often.

Buckingham-McVie, by Buckingham-McVie receives 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Track List:

1. Sleeping Around the Corner
2. Feel About You
3. In My World
4. Red Sun
5. Love is Here to Say
6. Too Far Gone
7. Lay Down for Free
8. Game of Pretend
9. On With the Show
10. Carnival Begin

Buy the album on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lindsey-Bucki...ckingham+mcvie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-16-2017, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Essentially, this album was made by Fleetwood Mac sans-Nick (which in my opinion is an improvement).

Nicks was definitely mistaken to pass up on this, but I think her absence made it that much stronger of an album. You can tell everyone was just trying to have fun and not trying to live up to a legacy or stroke their egos. It just goes to show you this band can still make good music without all the Rumours-era kind of drama going on.

That said, you're sure to find some tunes on it that you like and find yourself singing along to often.
--------------------------------
This album makes me so happy, on so many levels!
I hope she realizes what a wonderful project she missed out on participating in!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-16-2017 at 11:19 AM..
Old 06-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default B+/a-

http://jakes-take.com/2017/06/jakes-...-june-edition/

Jake’s Take’s New Music Reviews (The Mid-June Edition)
June 16, 2017 By Jacob Elyachar Leave a Comment
By: Jacob Elyachar, jakes-take.com

Jake’s Take’s New Music Reviews is back!
In this edition, Jake’s Take looks at the latest music from the biggest Top 40 stars, two music legends, and a few up-and-coming acts.
Without further ado, let’s get this party started!

Katy Perry Witness
(Album cover property of Capitol Records)
Witness by Katy Perry
Katy Perry is back! The newly minted American Idol judge has released her first album of new material since 2013’s game-changing Prism. While Perry brought back her key collaborator Max Martin to help with the songwriting and producing element, the “Walking on Air” singer-songwriter turned to the industry’s sizzling talent such as Shellback, Jack Garratt, Duke Dumont, Ali Payami, Sia, and Sarah Hudson to help her compose this album. To be honest with you, as much as I love Ms. Perry, Witness has severely disappointed me. There are too many glitches such as unbearable auto-tune on “Mind Maze” and overpowering synthesizer riffs on “Miss You More.” While tracks like the Skip Marley-assisted “Chained to the Rhythm” and the Nicki Minaj-featured “Swish Swish” are tailored made radio hits, I believe that the listener will be confused on the direction that the “I Kissed A Girl” singer is interested in. Is she driving closer to the Eurohouse genre? Or the Pop/Hip-Hop route? Hopefully, she can turn things around because this was a disappointing album. D+
Tracks to Download: “Swish Swish” & “Power.”

Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie by Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie
Two of Fleetwood Mac’s talented singer-songwriters joined forces for the very first time. Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie’s first joint album features some of the duo’s best material in years. While listeners can hear stylistically which artists wrote each track by who had the lead vocals, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie captures the magic that would satisfy both veteran Fleetwood Mac fans and newcomers alike. Also, keep an ear out for both Buckingham and McVie’s Fleetwood Mac bandmates, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, who supported their friends in the recording process. This is an excellent album, and a must-have in your music library. B+/A-
Tracks to Download: “Sleeping Around the Corner,” “Red Sun,” “In My World,” “Too Far Gone,” & “On with the Show.”

Heart Break by Lady Antebellum
Lady Antebellum celebrated their tenth anniversary last year…by taking a hiatus! Hillary Scott, Dave Haywood, and Charles Kelley’s latest album, Heart Break, marches them towards the country pop lane. While I am glad that they took a hiatus and regrouped to record new music, Heart Break is an okay cup of tea. There are some strong tracks such as the beautiful ballad “Hurt,” the funky “You Look Good,” and an homage to the troops (“Army”). However, there are a few tracks that should have left on the cutting room floor such as “Somebody Else’s Heart” and “This City.” This is a strong country pop album, and I think that Lady Antebellum is going to have a great summer. B
Tracks to Download: “You Look Good,” “Army,” & “Good Time to Be Alive.”

Melodrama by Lorde
Pure Heroine changed New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde’s life forever. Thanks to her partnership with co-writer and co-producer, Joel Little, Lorde earned two Grammy Awards, two Billboard Music Awards, and an iHeartRadio Music Award. Melodrama focuses on Lorde’s journey as she transitioned from a talented New Zealander to a Grammy-winning young adult whose music is judged by countless fans and critics around the world. For her sophomore album, Lorde turned to an array of producers and songwriters such as Little, Jack Antonoff (who co-executive produced this album), Tove Lo, and Malay to craft tunes worthy of being siblings such as “Tennis Court,” “No Better,” and of course, “Royals.” Melodrama is a powerful sophomore effort and could be a contender for 2017’s top albums. A-
Tracks to Download: “Green Light,” “Sober,” “Liability,” & “Perfect Places.”

From the Outside by Hey Violet
Hey Violet is one rising band that is catching some heat! Made up of sisters Rena and Nia Lovelis, Miranda Miller, Casey Moreta, and Iain Shipp, fans might remember this Los Angeles-based rock band as Cherri Bomb. After 2015, the group’s passion for music was reignited by Australian pop punk band 5 Seconds of Summer, when the “Hey Everybody” band signed them to Hi or Hey Records, their record label that they co-own with Capitol Records and Universal Music Group. From the Outside is Hey Violet’s debut album under this new moniker and this group has blown me away. From the hypnotic “Guys My Age” and “Hoodie” to the edgy “My Consequence,” this album is a breath of fresh air for the pop punk world. The vocal harmonies are superb, while there is a right balance between the keyboards, drums, guitars, and synthesizer. Mark my word, Hey Violet is going to be the breakout band of 2017! A+
Tracks to Download: “Brand New Moves,” “Guys My Age,” “Hoodie,” “My
Consequence,” “O.D.D.” & “All We Ever Wanted.”

“Jake’s Take” does not own any of the clips that are sprinkled in this music review. They belong to the artists and their respective record labels.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-16-2017, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Agh! So excited for the Hey Violet album. I got it this morning but listened to the new Cheap Trick album first. That was terrific!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...ristine-mcvie/

Lindsey Buckingham / Christine McVie – Lindsey Buckingham / Christine McVie

Fleetwood Mac collaborators carry on without their bandmates

BY JANINE SCHAULTSON JUNE 16, 2017, 12:00AM

B-
ARTIST
CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
RELEASE DATE
JUNE 09, 2017
LABEL
ATLANTIC RECORDS
FORMATS
DIGITAL, VINYL, CD
BUY IT ON AMAZON

If one phrase could sum up Fleetwood Mac, “On with the Show” does a damn fine job of explaining the storied band’s career. From their beginnings as an English blues outfit to their drug-and-romantic turmoil-induced world domination to their cherished rebirth in the late ’90s after toiling in obscurity without mad genius guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, the group never stays down for long. Because what God has joined together, no man can separate.

That’s not to say feuds, a debilitating fear of flying, and in-demand solo careers haven’t all tried to derail the Mac Attack. However, the divine pairing of Buckingham, even-keeled pianist Christine McVie, witchy singer Stevie Nicks, and the rhythmic muscle of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie remains strong, in part, due to these myriad personalities living the “On with the Show” mantra.

After a wildly successful yearlong tour of the same name wrapped up in 2015 and Nicks jetted off to promote her solo “24 Karat Gold” project, the rest of Fleetwood Mac did what they do best: carry on. Buckingham already had songs in the can with McVie and Fleetwood’s stamp on them. It was only a natural progression to include Ms. McVie, who came out of an almost 20-year retirement to join the group on the road. McVie filed ideas back and forth with Buckingham, an astute arranger with a knack for guiding basic structures into pop classics, and finally, the two entered the studio to mesh their sensibilities.

It’s a quaint idea to bill the resulting album as a Lindsey Buckingham / Christine McVie endeavor even though Nicks is the only one not involved. It speaks to the size of the Rhiannon-shaped hole her absence leaves behind. Without her bewitching energy, it’s just not the Fleetwood Mac brand.

Free from the weight of living up to the Grammy-winning behemoth’s history, this 40-minute collaboration shimmers and contains the cheeriest laments about unrequited love you’ll ever hear. McVie’s stately voice, especially on “Red Sun”, embraces the calm so completely that it’s hard to realize the storm is already here and you’re at the dead center of it. “Feel About You” mimics the dopamine rush of romance with glee-club flourishes while “Game of Pretend” contains all the trappings of a signature Christine piano ballad.

The album congeals on the tracks where Buckingham and McVie truly stand together as partners. Closing number “Carnival Begin” is poised to become an instant classic with McVie’s tinkling vocals casting a diversion against the undercurrent of unease brought on by the familiar churning of the rhythm section. Buckingham breaks the spell with a furious guitar solo that conjures up memories of his tour de force on 1975’s “So Afraid”.

“Too Far Gone” possesses a rhythmic energy akin to “World Turning” from the same Mac album, the first to feature the golden California kids. Buckingham’s guitar furnishes the grit while Fleetwood knocks around some kitchen-sink percussion over McVie’s strutting vocals. She could be singing about a relationship impossible to extract from or a band that calls her back like a siren. When Buckingham riffs on the notion that the Mac is a hard habit to break on “On with The Show”, his intention is blatant. He sings, “As long as I stand, I will take your hand, I will stand with my band/There’s nowhere to go, but on down the road, let’s get on with the show,” over a snappy beat.

Picking out the songs Buckingham intended for his ill-fated solo outing is an easy task. Opener “Sleeping Around the Corner” and “In My World” – complete with the synthesized orgasmic moaning first heard on “Big Love” – idealize his experimental, separatist tendencies immortalized on Tusk. “Love Is Here To Stay” serves as the antithesis to Rumours’ wounded “Never Going Back Again”. Here, under the flurry of Buckingham’s acoustic fingerpicking, the singer finds a tender peace in the realization that love – from both his familial unit and professional colleagues – remains even as time marches on.

Will we ever get another proper Fleetwood Mac album? Never say never with this crew. Until then, Buckingham and McVie make perfect allies.

Essential Tracks: “Carnival Begin” and “Love Is Here To Stay”

Old 06-17-2017, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Picking out the songs Buckingham intended for his ill-fated solo outing is an easy task. Opener “Sleeping Around the Corner” and “In My World” – complete with the synthesized orgasmic moaning first heard on “Big Love” – idealize his experimental, separatist tendencies immortalized on Tusk. “Love Is Here To Stay” serves as the antithesis to Rumours’ wounded “Never Going Back Again”. Here, under the flurry of Buckingham’s acoustic fingerpicking, the singer finds a tender peace in the realization that love – from both his familial unit and professional colleagues – remains even as time marches on.
What "ill-fated solo outing"? That has not been part of the story of this album at any stage. Are people just assuming that all Mac-related albums begin as Lindsey albums that get folded into the group?
Old 06-17-2017, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
What "ill-fated solo outing"? That has not been part of the story of this album at any stage. Are people just assuming that all Mac-related albums begin as Lindsey albums that get folded into the group?
I'll-fated Fleetwood Mac album!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.reviewsphere.org/lindsey...ristine-mcvie/

NEWS & ART REVIEWS FROM SCOTLAND UK AND THE WORLD BEYOND

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie
17th June 2017 reviewsphere MUSIC New Releases

Photo courtesy of: Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie
by Brian Campbell

Fleetwood Mac’s songwriting giants team up for comforting ear-candy on first album as a duo.

From the very first chords of opener Sleeping Around the Corner, this album sounds exactly like what it refuses to be, a new Fleetwood Mac record.

Christine McVie was sorely missed when she left the Mac in 1998. The warm huskiness of her voice and wistful lyrics about love both lost and found provided the perfect antidote to Lindsay Buckingham’s rock sensibilities and especially the ethereal poetry of Stevie Nicks.

So when it was announced in 2015 that McVie would be rejoining the group for a world tour, fans of the ageing quintet were optimistic that a new album would also emerge, something the Rumours-era line-up had not managed since 1987.

Sadly, it was not to be, with Nicks bursting that particular bubble by refusing to participate and instead focussing on her considerable lower profile solo career (although, interestingly, still agreeing to another world tour next year).

Undeterred by the absence of their most famous bandmate, the other four (Buckingham and McVie are joined by drummer Mick Fleetwood and McVie’s ex-husband, bassist John) have ploughed on to produce this tight collection of soft rock gems that unashamedly harks back to the Californian MOR they defined in the mid-70s.

Shades of the iconic “Songbird” can be found on the gentle “Game of Pretend”, a song that reminds us that McVie is not only a talented singer/songwriter but also an accomplished pianist, while her bluesy execution of “Carnival Begins” makes for an engaging listen, enhanced by Buckingham’s feverish guitar.

And when Buckingham takes centre stage the results are equally successful. Melodic perfection flows through his dreamy compositions, with “In My World” driving the listener on an irresistible hook that leads to an equally irresistible sing-along chorus, while “Love Is Here to Stay” underlines Buckingham’s penchant for soul-searching through song. “Even though I stayed too long,” he sings, “even though I had no choice / I will do what I do best”.

Nicks might be conspicuous by her absence but this wholly successful album proves that Fleetwood Mac has talent to spare.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/208570/9

Lindsey Buckingham And Christine McVie - Buckingham/McVie (Album Review)

Monday, 26 June 2017 Written by Simon Ramsay

If you’ve ever wondered what a golden era Fleetwood Mac album might sound like without Stevie Nicks, here’s your answer. From 1975’s self-titled effort to ‘87s ‘Tango in the Night’, the Mac’s transatlantic reinvention and huge global success was built on the potent creative relationship between the British trio of Mick Fleetwood, John and Christine McVie and American pair Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Boasting a unique combination of interpersonal friction and natural musical understanding, the quintet crafted some of the finest, most emotionally raw pop-rock songs ever made.

In particular, Buckingham and McVie struck up an immediate rapport, elevating each other’s songwriting as his idiosyncratic musicianship melded perfectly with her penchant for penning melodic, romantic gems. That was most apparent on ‘Tango in the Night’, a record that, with Nicks largely absent, was largely shaped by the duo and went on to shift 15 million copies.

Fast forward three decades and the circumstances surrounding the genesis of this release are somewhat reminiscent of that period. After McVie re-joined the band in 2014, she and Buckingham swiftly realised their collaborative spark still burned bright.

A new Fleetwood Mac album might have been in the works, but Nicks was again on solo duty. So, instead we have ‘Buckingham/McVie’.

Stylistically speaking, this is a simple sounding record full of immaculately produced, easy listening vignettes that are incredibly bright and breezy. McVie’s musical aesthetic forms the blueprint, with her gifted co-creator reining in his experimental tendencies to complement her easy going pop sensibilities.

Feel About You is a bubbly ‘60s bijou with instrumental nods to Everywhere and the exquisitely tuneful Red Sun offers a relaxed gospel-style chorus that has the air of a soothing nursery rhyme. Lay Down For Free finds the pair’s vocal interplay as enchantingly timeless as ever, while Too Far Gone echoes You Make Loving Fun. Its electronically swaggering groove, brilliantly clipped chorus and tribal drum bursts are an absolute blast.

With Mick Fleetwood and John McVie also playing on the LP, strands of Fleetwood Mac’s DNA are, understandably, woven into the fabric of these songs. Love Is Here To Stay recalls a slower, more optimistic Never Going Back Again and the sparse piano and guitar strains on Game of Pretend immediately bring to mind Songbird. Carnival Begin is a hazy dream-like number that could have featured on ‘Tusk’, with Buckingham’s closing solo his most intense contribution.

Where the simmering undercurrent of love and hate betwixt Buckingham and Nicks always gave their music a certain spikiness, the collaborative vibe here is noticeably more relaxed, enjoyable and carefree. The only downside to such harmony is that these songs are very middle of the road and some will find them far too bland and beige. If you’re looking for a little edginess in your life, feeding ducks at the local park or eating a non-organic apple with the skin on will offer more than this record.

It won’t wipe away the frustration with Nicks for potentially depriving us of a final album from Fleetwood Mac’s classic line-up, but without her presence the dynamics at play on this classy, mature and well sculpted offering do present another fascinating portal into the inner workings of music’s longest running soap opera.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://guitarman147.wordpress.com/2...with-the-show/

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie – Getting ‘On With the Show’
June 27, 2017

Rumours (if you’ll excuse the pun) had been circulating since perhaps 2013 that a new Fleetwood Mac album might be on the way at some time or another. The band had been in the studio recording material, and did in fact release a digital EP featuring four new songs, including the brilliantly uplifting ‘Sad Angel’. Then, out of the blue, Christine McVie rejoined the band in 2014 and the most recognised of the Mac line-ups toured together for the first time since the late 1990s later that year.

Singer Stevie Nicks, however, was reluctant to contribute to the album and decided to focus on her solo work. With Lindsey and Christine continuing to bounce song ideas off one another, the project evolved into a collaboration album between the two of them featuring contributions from Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, so what we have ultimately wound up with here is a Fleetwood Mac album which features all members of the band except Stevie. And you know what? Without wishing to belittle what Stevie brings to the band, they have come up something that is as good as any Fleetwood Mac record.

The eponymous album features ten tracks in all, five of which were written by Lindsey, two by Christine and the remaining three are co-writes. The album was produced by Lindsey, along with veteran producers Mitchell Froom and Mark Needham. Those familiar with Lindsey’s solo work will be aware that it tends to be a little more on the experimental side than what he brings to the band – the fact that his solo career operates much more ‘under the radar’, compared to the massive exposure Fleetwood Mac attracts, allows him the creative space to make music that is more left-field and closer to the kind of music that he naturally gravitates to. However, that experimentation has been paired back somewhat here, and other than on two or three of the songs, even Lindsey’s guitar playing has taken more of a back seat than usual in favour of focusing more on the collaboration and the arrangements as a whole.

The album opens with ‘Sleeping Around the Corner’, an extremely catchy tune driven along by a big synth bass line which was originally intended for Lindsey’s 2011 solo album Seeds We Sow. This gives way to the first of the co-writes, the playful ‘Feel About You’, followed by the instantly memorable lead single ‘In My World’, another of Lindsey’s songs. The highlights continue with ‘Red Sun’, another co-write which once again provides an unforgettable chorus hook. The next track, ‘Love is Here to Stay’, is beautifully layered with acoustic guitars and vocal harmonies. A simple but extremely effective electric guitar hook from Lindsey drives the insanely catchy ‘Too Far Gone’. Christine’s ‘Game of Pretend’ is one of the more touching songs on the record, with its chorus once again layered with wonderful vocal harmonies. Lindsey’s ‘On With the Show’, which gave its name to the Mac’s 2014/15 world tour, and Christine’s ‘Carnival Begin’ are tributes to being associated with a band that has such a rich history behind it, with the latter closing the album strongly with a big guitar solo from Lindsey. There are no throwaway tracks on this album.

One thing you’ll notice about all of these songs is that the lead vocal is sung exclusively either by Lindsey or Christine. There are no ‘duets’ as such, and yet the collaborative feel is still very clear. Their distinctiveness as writers and performers combines beautifully, as if the thirty years since 1987’s Tango in the Night had never passed. The legendary duo of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie on drums and bass gives many of the songs a decidedly Fleetwood Mac-esque sound which only adds to it.

This really is a superb album. When you listen to it, and certainly when you see the 15-minute EPK posted on their official YouTube account, the chemistry between these two legendary artists is plain to see. Their partnership is as strong as ever. While there is now very little prospect of a future Fleetwood Mac album, it is wonderful to see that Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie still have plenty of creative juice left in the tank, and after next year’s Fleetwood Mac tour, it will be fascinating to hear what they might come out with next.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:19 PM

This really is a superb album. When you listen to it, and certainly when you see the 15-minute EPK posted on their official YouTube account, the chemistry between these two legendary artists is plain to see. Their partnership is as strong as ever. While there is now very little prospect of a future Fleetwood Mac album, it is wonderful to see that Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie still have plenty of creative juice left in the tank, and after next year’s Fleetwood Mac tour, it will be fascinating to hear what they might come out with next.

^^This is how I've been feeling. What if they did another record? I think the progression would be fascinating! And.............. this really is a fantastic album. But, I think it could have even been better. I've already listened to it 100000 times more than SYW, 24K and IYD combined. Well, it's close.. I listened to SYW a lot. BuckVie will pass all those soon.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-27-2017 at 08:24 PM..
Old 06-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

^^This is how I've been feeling. What if they did another record? I think the progression would be fascinating! And.............. this really is a fantastic album. But, I think it could have even been better. I've already listened to it 100000 times more than SYW, 24K and IYD combined. Well, it's close.. I listened to SYW a lot. BuckVie will pass all those soon.
I'm so hooked on it! I LOVE it. I like it better than ANYTHING since Mirage.

I've actually made myself stop listening to it late night, so that I can hopefully get something less catchy in my head, so I might sleep!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-28-2017 at 12:45 AM..
Old 06-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm so hooked on it! I LOVE it. I like it better than ANYTHING since Mirage.

I've actually made myself stop listening to it late night, so that I can hopefully get something less catchy in my head, so I might sleep!

It's more Fleetwood Mac than anything after Tango. Period.

The happy vibe is most welcome at this stage of the game, I'm really happy for them. The album is so special, like every great Fleetwood Mac album, I initially play it to death
Old 06-28-2017, 08:10 AM

I've played it almost everyday since release.