Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ROTFLMAO! That's all I have to add.
Great idea, I love it. Basically 8 middle-fingers in Stevie Nicks' general direction.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 01-13-2017 at 06:08 PM..
Old 01-13-2017, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Do you have In the Meantime?
I heard the album and nothing was catchy enough to really grab me. I just remember being really disappointed in it. I have her 1984 album and love, I mean really love, half of it, and find the other half boring. Do you recommend In the Meantime? I'd be willing to give it another shot.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post

Anyway, WHO CARES???? I simply couldn't be more excited. The two songwriters in the band who still want to create new music are doing just that. Lindsey and Christine have always had a wonderful musical chemistry. Hooray!
Yep. Yep. Yep!
Old 01-13-2017, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I heard the album and nothing was catchy enough to really grab me. I just remember being really disappointed in it. I have her 1984 album and love, I mean really love, half of it, and find the other half boring. Do you recommend In the Meantime? I'd be willing to give it another shot.
I had the opposite experience. I thought ITM was excellent, far superior to the 1984 record. As a whole it had catchy tunes, Steely Dan moments and bluesy overtones on a number of the songs. Her voice was in top form, too. The acoustic version of "Friend" (admittedly not on the album but on a limited iTunes offer) is incredible.

It's based on that album that I'm very excited about this new one.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

What is Ozzy doing there? Taking the place of Stevie? Someone give him a tambourine and a bat shawl/cape. I'm liking this.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
Just saw this with a couple great pics...so they're calling it Buckingham McVie? I kinda like it!http://www.latimes.com/la-et-ms-vill...htmlstory.html
didn't go through the whole thread yet, i'm assuming somebody posted the whole LA Times article, so here's Classic Rock offshoot of it, mentioning May release -

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie Are Working on a Duet Album
By Nick DeRiso January 13, 2017 12:04 PM

Kevin Winter / Noam Galai, Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie have decided to make their first-ever duet project, having apparently tired of waiting for Stevie Nicks to join sessions for a new Fleetwood Mac album. Fellow bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie are also sitting in, the Los Angeles Times reports.

The upcoming studio effort is tentatively titled Buckingham McVie; it could be out as soon as May. “You know, a better thing’s never happened to me,” a clearly enthused McVie told the Times. “We’ve always written well together, Lindsey and I, and this has just spiraled into something really amazing that we’ve done between us.”

Initial writing sessions for a new Fleetwood Mac album began nearly three years ago, not long after McVie returned following a lengthy retirement. Back then, the band was hoping to release their first studio project with Buckingham, Nicks and McVie since 1987’s Tango in the Night sometime in the summer of 2015. But Nicks, who is about to resume an ongoing tour with the Pretenders, has remained occupied.

In the meantime, it seemed something clicked. “Because of Stevie’s absence, there’s been a very strong link musically between Lindsey and I, where we’ve actually been able to concentrate and co-write,” McVie told the Huffington Post back in 2014. She said even those early collaborations produced “some fantastic, quite profound, quite surprising emotions. … It knocked my socks off completely.”

They’re at work back inside Village Studios, site of the sessions for Fleetwood Mac’s 1979 double album Tusk. In fact, the band helped design the studio’s wood-paneled recording suite. “It feels like coming home,” McVie added.
The musical interplay between Buckingham and McVie played a signature role in songs like “Think About Me” from Tusk, as well as “Don’t Stop” from 1977’s Rumours and “Hold Me” from 1982’s Mirage. Over the years, they co-wrote “World Turning” from 1975’s Fleetwood Mac and a trio of songs from Tango in the Night.

See Lindsey Buckingham in Our Gallery of Funniest Guitar Faces

Read More: Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie Are Working on a Duet Album | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bucki...ckback=tsmclip

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The one silver lining in not calling it Fleetwood Mac is that it can continue as long as Lindsey and Christine want, regardless of the others.
i like the way you think - no more waiting and delays!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I think they're not calling it Fleetwood Mac just to avoid any confusion to the casual fan or consumer. People's attention span sucks these days and they need to be spoon fed exactly what they are getting. Of course, this is just my theory.
casual fans would not be confused, they probably have no clue who's in Fleetwood Mac anyway, and they would not care what exactly they are getting - just as you said.

not calling this FM is a way to still keep Stevie in the band, instead of her quitting and then coming back all within a year.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't kid yourself, there were lots of discussions on how to release the album, because they recorded it with every intention of it being released as Fleetwood Mac. Even though they only casually mention the involvement of Mick and John deep into the story, they DID go out of their way to mention THEM and not others. If there were others involved, and they're trying to contrast this with Fleetwood Mac, wouldn't that have been the best time to do that?

I think they held out hope that Stevie might come around the closer they got to finishing the album. After it was clear that wasn't the case, they went with the option that keeps Stevie in Fleetwood Mac and are now going out of their way to call it a duet album so as not to alienate her.
exactly.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Album Artist

The band in 2003: Fleetwood, McVie, Buckingham, Nicks
Musicians on Say You Will: Fleetwood, McVie, Buckingham, Nicks
Therefore Album Artist = Fleetwood Mac

The band in 2017: Fleetwood, McVie, Buckingham, McVie, Nicks
Musicians on new album: Fleetwood, McVie, Buckingham, McVie
Therefore Album Artist does NOT Equal Fleetwood Mac

I don't care what it is called, just happy to get the music!

Last edited by lbfan; 01-13-2017 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: Added closing comment
Old 01-13-2017, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's my two cents....I'm glad they're going ahead with the new music and I'm even more glad that it's not being called a Fleetwood Mac album. I'm so disappointed in Stevie, you guys have no f*cking idea.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
The band in 2003: Fleetwood, McVie, Buckingham, Nicks
Musicians on Say You Will: Fleetwood, McVie, Buckingham, Nicks
Therefore Album Artist = Fleetwood Mac

The band in 2017: Fleetwood, McVie, Buckingham, McVie, Nicks
Musicians on new album: Fleetwood, McVie, Buckingham, McVie
Therefore Album Artist does NOT Equal Fleetwood Mac
The band in 1969: Fleetwood, McVie, Green, Kirwan, Spencer
Musicians on Then Play On: Fleetwood, McVie, Green, Kirwan
Somehow Album Artist STILL = Fleetwood Mac

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Album Artist

Quote:
The band in 1969: Fleetwood, McVie, Green, Kirwan, Spencer
Musicians on Then Play On: Fleetwood, McVie, Green, Kirwan
Somehow Album Artist STILL = Fleetwood Mac
Touché. Obviously, they still need Ms. Nicks for the cash cow (touring).
Old 01-13-2017, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Well, perhaps you should give it another go. I think its better than the '84 album, personally. Anyway, I was just thinking as you mentioned liking her material with Eddy Quintela. In The Meantime came after her split with Quintela and only one of the songs on that album involved him. There is a bunch of other songs that she wrote with Quintela that it seems will never be heard (otherwise I'm sure they'd have gone on that album).

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-13-2017, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Touché. Obviously, they still need Ms. Nicks for the cash cow (touring).

Well, apart from Mick, they don't need the cash cow. They are stinking rich- never need to ever work ever again. They only need to do it for the love of making and playing music and that's what is so refreshing.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood