Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm reading all these posts and can't believe these people. where are now all those righteous Nicks fans crying foul supposedly because they are so worried about sexism or ageism? guess doesn't matter if it's not their precious favorite, and are happily reading (or perhaps even contributing?) as all these ridiculous posts criticizing 73 year old woman for looking like she's 50 (instead of what? 30?) are rolling on?
As I said in a previous post. Not crazy about the photo (I would have had a brighter pose for them.) But, if I look that good at that age, I'm happy!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-24-2017 at 09:58 AM..
Old 03-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i'm reading all these posts and can't believe these people. where are now all those righteous Nicks fans crying foul supposedly because they are so worried about sexism or ageism? guess doesn't matter if it's not their precious favorite, and are happily reading (or perhaps even contributing?) as all these ridiculous posts criticizing 73 year old woman for looking like she's 50 (instead of what? 30?) are rolling on?
They are SICK and SAD people! Nicks fans need to stop worrying about these fake problems such as the wage gap and worry about real problems like Nicks' lack of creativity and immigration!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Perhaps they're jealous of Christine, and hate the fact that she and Lindsey are getting along so well. But yeah, if people were criticizing Stevie's looks now, there would be hell to pay.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Perhaps they're jealous of Christine, and hate the fact that she and Lindsey are getting along so well. But yeah, if people were criticizing Stevie's looks now, there would be hell to pay.
There is indeed a lot of jealousy involved with Christine and Lindsey making an album together. Especially since Christine is writing a lot of the lyrics.

But, we don't need to body shame anyone. When I'm 73, I want to look exactly like Christine.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There is indeed a lot of jealousy involved with Christine and Lindsey making an album together. Especially since Christine is writing a lot of the lyrics.

But, we don't need to body shame anyone. When I'm 73, I want to look exactly like Christine.
Exactly. And she's the oldest, AND the only one with any singing range intact!
Old 03-24-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. And she's the oldest, AND the only one with any singing range intact!
She has the most intonation issues of the three. But when you're going for it... I'd rather take a bold swing..

I never did belieeeeve keioei98eiee in the ways of magic..
Old 03-24-2017, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine didn't sound on key during that "Today Show" performance a few years back. She has a beautiful voice, but isn't the "Only" member of the band that still has range. None of them has amazing range any longer, but each can still sing decently

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 03-24-2017 at 12:41 PM..
Old 03-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
As I said in a previous post. Not crazy about the photo (I would have had a brighter pose for them.) But, if I look that good at that age, I'm happy!
Let's just be thankful that they didn't ask Kristen to take the shot.

Michele
Old 03-24-2017, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Let's just be thankful that they didn't ask Kristen to take the shot.

Michele
hahaha, there's some silver lining!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-24-2017, 06:07 PM
Ledgie

http://www.henryandjames.co.uk/news?view=1679

New interview with christine contains some new info
Old 03-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliefw View Post

Thanks for the link Elliefw.

er...now I really dont know where we are. I can only assume she's describing the Buckingham McVie concerts (with or without Fleetwood and Mac). Edit: perhaps its a Freudian slip.

Q: Who or what inspires you in life?

A: It would have to be Fleetwood – it is a living, breathing eternity in my life. Fleetwood Mac will be playing in America with (15 concerts around June) and are coming to London in 2019.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 03-24-2017 at 06:30 PM..
Old 03-24-2017, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

24TH MARCH 2017 MEET THE NEIGHBOURS: CHRISTINE MCVIE, FLEETWOOD MAC

Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham are releasing a duet album this summer. In a rare interview, Christine, the legendary Fleetwood Mac singer songwriter and keyboardist talks to us about her love of London, her inspirations and early years in the music business.

Q: How did you get started?

A: I was originally taught to play the piano at an early age. And became quite good at it, reaching Grade 7, my parents very generously supported me. One day I found some Fats Domino scores in a music stool and started to write a couple of songs, then I went to art college. Eventually, I left college and joined Chicken Shack, playing in blues clubs up and down the M1.

Q: What attracted you to the music business?

A: I really enjoyed blues music. It just felt right for me. I often find myself in that situation – things feel right. I naturally morphed into music.

Q: If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?

A: Umm, can I have electricity? [Yes]. Then I would take a hair dryer. I would eat fresh fruit and there would be plenty of fish in the ocean to eat. I would also like to take some French bread with me. And music? I would take an anthology of the Beatles – a good collection of their songs. And classical music? Possibly some Elgar. Plus some Jazz: oh yes, Miles Davis.

A: It would have to be Fleetwood – it is a living, breathing eternity in my life. Fleetwood Mac will be playing in America with (15 concerts around June) and are coming to London in 2019.

Q: If you could sing with anyone in the world, who would it be?

A: It would have to be Paul McCartney because we would sing well together.

Q: What were your favourite Fleetwood Mac songs over the years?

A: I still play a lot of great songs: Dreams, Go Your Own Way and Songbird.

Q: How many albums did you sell?

A: Over the years, we sold millions and millions of records.

Q: What do you like about London?

A: I lived in the country for a while, in Kent, but now live in London. I have gone back to my roots. London is electrifying. We used to play and gravitate to the Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge, south west London.

Q: Do you have a new album coming out? Can you tell us a little about it?

A: Yes, I have duet alum being released with Lindsey Buckingham. It will be released on June 9. You can buy it on iTunes and vinyl – it will be available everywhere! And that’s another good song…

Q: Describe your perfect home?

A: I like homes with open spaces, as well as roof terraces, which are quite rare in London. And love the community feel in south west London, where people are friendly and know you in shops.

Q: Have you had any home disasters over the years?

A: No, I leave that to the professionals.

Q: Any favourite architects or designers?

A: I really like Tara Bernerd’s work – she is an interior architect. And has just released a new book: Place [Rizzoli, New York]. Her work is inspirational. I might ask her to design my flat.

Q: And finally, what advice would you give to anyone who wants to break into the music business?

A: It’s tough these days, but go with what you believe in. And believe in yourself.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-24-2017, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliefw View Post

thanks so much for finding this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Thanks for the link Elliefw.

er...now I really dont know where we are. I can only assume she's describing the Buckingham McVie concerts (with or without Fleetwood and Mac). Edit: perhaps its a Freudian slip.

these 15 dates in june seems to be edited in by the article author so i'm hoping might be really referring to BuckVie dates - 15 dates sounds about right, i'd be really happy with that (for starters!), instead of just like 5.

and - JUNE 9, itunes and vinyl!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-24-2017, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We have a date, I really need the show dates to drop so I can plan flights from Australia.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Q: What were your favourite Fleetwood Mac songs over the years?

A: I still play a lot of great songs: Dreams, Go Your Own Way and Songbird.

She's no fool, this girl. That is a very, very politically correct response. Way to navigate band politics!!