User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine has rarely needed that attention or accolades. The most important thing for her is the music. She never walked around with a posse or thought of herself as way more important that everyone else. She's had a legendary career doing that.
and she inspires goodwill in the process. It would not surprise me in the least if Chris was actually more popular than Stevie, it may sound silly I know, but Christine has been a well respected artist since the late 60's and there are many many serious music fans that don't play the idol game or even buy music much anymore but deeply respect her as an artist and there really are people who bought their records 45 years ago that still love them today. ...Long before Ms. Nicks even came into the pic.

I suspect that not only is this new album going to be great, it's also going to sell reasonably well. It's going to be enthusiastically received by thousands of eager and waiting arms.

Last edited by lennonfan; 03-18-2017 at 06:40 AM..
Old 03-18-2017, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a short wikipedia article for Buckingham McVie. There isn't much information on there, and, of course any old fan could have written it. However, it lists the producer/s as Mitchell Froom and Lindsey Buckingham. We'll see.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
There's a short wikipedia article for Buckingham McVie. There isn't much information on there, and, of course any old fan could have written it. However, it lists the producer/s as Mitchell Froom and Lindsey Buckingham. We'll see.
If they're using any of the 2012 songs then that could be at least partially correct.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
If they're using any of the 2012 songs then that could be at least partially correct.
didn't they make the EP in hopes of making an album later on?
Old 03-18-2017, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
didn't they make the EP in hopes of making an album later on?
they released the EP because Lindsey didn't want to go to yet another greatest hits tour (remember the only GH tour they did at the time was 2009 Unleashed) and Stevie refused to work on the whole album with them back between 2009 and 2013. so they compromised and used some from that group of songs Lindsey, Mick and John recorded in 2012 and let Stevie chose a few to add her vocals and release.

the hope at the time was that after 2013 tour they'd go back in the studio to work more on the album. which they did in early 2014, together with Christine who just rejoined, but Stevie did not want to join then either.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-18-2017, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they released the EP because Lindsey didn't want to go to yet another greatest hits tour (remember the only GH tour they did at the time was 2009 Unleashed) and Stevie refused to work on the whole album with them back between 2009 and 2013. so they compromised and used some from that group of songs Lindsey, Mick and John recorded in 2012 and let Stevie chose a few to add her vocals and release.

the hope at the time was that after 2013 tour they'd go back in the studio to work more on the album. which they did in early 2014, together with Christine who just rejoined, but Stevie did not want to join then either.
Say You Will was not a good experience for her and ever since then she has been reluctant to work in the studio with Lindsey. That's what it seems like time anyways
Old 03-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Say You Will was not a good experience for her and ever since then she has been reluctant to work in the studio with Lindsey. That's what it seems like time anyways
yup. either that or she is not inspired to write any new music anymore.

she seems to be primarily a singer / performing artist nowadays, not a songwriter anymore. which is completely fine, why try to push something you have no interest in anymore, if you don't have to.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-18-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Oh yeah, that.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
I watched the infamous "Bob Dylan" scene from "Destiny Rules," and for as much as it gets talked about, it still comes off as a very minor disagreement.

Lindsey is a very detail oriented producer and he had a point about continuity of the lyrics between the verses. Stevie is more focused on how words and phrases flow together and she had a point that the lyrics she wrote sounded more poetic.

The core of the problem, as I see it, is that Stevie wants Lindsey to see her as a contemporary of Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, and the like. She's used to producers and musicians putting her in that class, and maybe it's deserved. However, given their long history, Lindsey doesn't have the objectivity, and probably not the inclination, to see her as anything other than the girl and musical partner he's known since they were teenagers. Stevie will never be a rock legend in his eyes, and her ego has other options.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-18-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I watched the infamous "Bob Dylan" scene from "Destiny Rules," and for as much as it gets talked about, it still comes off as a very minor disagreement.

Lindsey is a very detail oriented producer and he had a point about continuity of the lyrics between the verses. Stevie is more focused on how words and phrases flow together and she had a point that the lyrics she wrote sounded more poetic.

The core of the problem, as I see it, is that Stevie wants Lindsey to see her as a contemporary of Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, and the like. She's used to producers and musicians putting her in that class, and maybe it's deserved. However, given their long history, Lindsey doesn't have the objectivity, and probably not the inclination, to see her as anything other than the girl and musical partner he's known since they were teenagers. Stevie will never be a rock legend in his eyes, and her ego has other options.
I will drive to Dayton Ohio and slap you. Let's not get carried away. I'd mention Joni Mitchell in the same breath as Bob Dylan. Stevie Nicks. ummmmmm yeahhhhhhhhhhh.... no.....
And I think he was only flagging it. As if to say, "did you mean to do that? Because there is a continuity problem." I do agree she got bent because of her ego. And it continues to bother her inflated ego.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-18-2017 at 03:43 PM..
Old 03-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I will drive to Dayton Ohio and slap you. Let's not get carried away. I'd mention Joni Mitchell in the same breath as Bob Dylan. Stevie Nicks. ummmmmm yeahhhhhhhhhhh.... no.....
And I think he was only flagging it. As if to say, "did you mean to do that? Because there is a continuity problem." I do agree she got bent because of her ego. And it continues to bother her inflated ego.
but that wasn't what jbrownsjr was saying... rather, that that is how STEVIE wants to be seen whether it's accurate or not, and that that is not how LB will ever see her. I think that bit's spot on.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I agree, Lindsey looks fab but Christine looks like she has overdone the plastic surgery with a too severe eyebrow lift I think or some sort of work around the eyes.....it's a shame as I thought she looked amazing on the 2015 tour....
yep. she's already had a face lift previous to this..... leave the lifts/botox/fillers alone......
Old 03-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed, lyrically she is no Dylan or Mitchell.

She is herself but herself is not as far-reaching or universal as either of those folk giants. She has a unique poetic sensibility that serves her ambition to present her experiences on a quasi-mythical plane, but she lacks both a certain objectivity and the kind of penetrating intelligence that would lift her lyrics from poetic personal history to genuine poetry. Still, for Stevie's purposes, her lyrics are fine. And her rules are her own.

When I first watched that scene from Destiny Rules, I definitely got the sense that Lindsey was baiting her, poking the bear, knowing that she would be protective of her words because, to her, those words and the rather iconoclastic ways she uses them, mean something serious and special. On the surface, it looks like he was just doing what any producer does--going over the odd shifts shifts in grammar and voice that occur in "Throw Down." But I got the feeling he knew how she'd react and that is why he pressed the point. When she defended her decision to shift voice from "I" to "you" he said something about that not following rules of good writing. He was provoking her.

It was entertaining, certainly. Fans love Lindsey-Stevie drama. But it wasn't neutral or innocent.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yep. she's already had a face lift previous to this..... leave the lifts/botox/fillers alone......
she was much better off using Stevie's surgeon(s), wrinkle-fillers and lift services during the OWTS tour. Stevie has some great people who are good at doing subtle work!

Old 03-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Wow, I didn't get that sense from the pic, but maybe you're right.

I certainly didn't see it in the Lindsey-Christine pic from the LA TIMES article, the two of them on the couch. The caption says that image is 2016. There she looks great, too, I thought.