Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Raleigh show

a number of live videos and pics shared here, a lot as the shows are going on - https://www.facebook.com/groups/8972...98402120924078 both by the people who went to Nashville show and people who went to Raleigh show. there are snippets of Wish You Were here, Hold Me, Little Lies, Too Far Gone and other songs there.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 06-25-2017 at 10:27 AM..
Old 06-25-2017, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I have a few pics and some vids shared on Facebook live and periscope; you can see the ones on facebook by scrolling through the link above.

We were upfront so not sure how the crowd was towards the back, but this venue has a big space between the front row and the stage so by the end of the show there must have been about 10-15 rows deep crowd of people dancing and singing along right in front of the stage. This venue usually has a rail but they had it removed for their show, which was really nice, plus we could lean on the stage. Both Christine's and Lindsey's mics are set really close to the edge of the stage.

As far as the flow of the show, once Sleeping Around the Corner kicks in, the energy becomes amazing and never goes down through all the new songs and old mac hits. People in front of the stage knew the lyrics and sang new songs with them. Even the show closer, Game of Pretend, which she introduces as not-Songbird, sounds really nice - once you get over those cheesy chorus lyrics, I cannot get myself to sing those, but their harmonies on those sound nice.

The show started late because of a torrential downpour just as the gates were about to open, I think the Walflowers must have started at 8:15pm or so (I'm sure someone can correct me) so they cut their set short and our macsters got on the stage I think around 9:15 maybe? I was afraid they may have to cut something because of the curfew but they didn't and they ended just a bit after 11pm.

So the set and the sequencing works great, if they'd just cut first 2 slow songs they currently use to start the show. Although people know NGBA so that always gets good reaction, but man does it drag. I didn't even bother coming to the stage before Wish You Were Here (which was gorgeous!) even though they did let the front row to the stage from before the start.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-25-2017, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I have a few pics and some vids shared on Facebook live and periscope that I'll try to share /link to a bit later.

We were upfront so not sure how the crowd was towards the back, but this venue has a big space between the front row nd the stage so by the end of the show there must have been about 10-15 rows deep crowd of people dancing and singing along right in front of the stage. This venue usually has a rail but they had it removed for their show so we could lean on the stage.

As far as the flow of the show, once Sleeping around the corner kicks in the energy becomes amazing and never goes down through all the new songs and old mac hits. People in front of the stage knew the lyrics and sang new songs with them. Even the closer, Game of pretend, sounds really nice ( once you get over those cheesy chorus lyrics, I cannot get myself to sing those, but their harmonies on those sound nice.

The show started late because of a torrential downpour just as the gates were about to open, I think the Walflowers must have started at 8:15 or so (I'm sure someone can correct me) so they cut their set short and masters got on the stage I think around 9:15 maybe? I was afraid they may have to cut something but they didn't and they ended just a bit after 11pm.

So the set and the sequencing works great, if they just cut first 2 slow songs. Although people know NGBA so that always get good reaction , but man does it drag. I didn't even bother coming to the stage before Wish you were here (which was gorgeous!) even though they did let the front row to the stage from the start.
I saw your Too Far Gone vid on Periscope! Nice seats!

I swear this is a real question: what do you mean when you said that they let the front row to the stage? Never been to a concert in the US before so I don't know how it works. It's entirely different here.

Glad you had a blast!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 06-25-2017 at 12:44 PM..
Old 06-25-2017, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For Nashville, there was NO security in front of the stage. We easily made our way to the edge of the stage. I could've been unplugging keyboards, had I been so inclined.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I saw your Too Far Gone vid on Periscope! Nice seats!

I swear this is a real question: what do you mean when you said that they let the front row to the stage? Never been to a concert in the US before so I don't know how it works. It's entirely different here.
yeah we were able to snatch front row when plats prices dropped.

in Raleigh, everyone who had front row ticket got "pit" bracelet and we were free to roam between the stage and the front row before the start of the show, during the Wallflowers, and for the first few songs. after a while i think band security must have requested they let everyone (or a good number of rows) to come upfront between the stage and the seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
For Nashville, there was NO security in front of the stage. We easily made our way to the edge of the stage. I could've been unplugging keyboards, had I been so inclined.
glad to hear that! good to know too, so it must be policy of the venue, not the band, if only front row is let up. it loos like the band wants people to come up to the stage (unless i guess there's no space).

Old 06-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Thanks to everyone for the reviews. It seems Chris and Lindsey picked 2 songs for the smaller venues. The slow acoustic Trouble was a shocker as an opener and Wish You Were Here does seem to fit a smaller venue compared to an arena. To those who have went. Do you think these songs would have fit on the big stage?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-25-2017 at 12:13 PM..
Old 06-25-2017, 12:09 PM

Thanks Elle!!! You are one of the best Ledgies!!! Even though you pick on my favorite member Stevie.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thanks Elle!!! You are one of the best Ledgies!!! Even though you pick on my favorite member Stevie.
Hey pal, she had excellent taste. Back off!
Old 06-25-2017, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Your favorite is Stevie?! I thought it was Christine...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 06-25-2017, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks to everyone for the reviews. It seems Chris and Lindsey picked 2 songs for the smaller venues. The slow acoustic Trouble was a shocker as an opener and Wish You Were Here does seem to fit a smaller venue compared to an arena. To those who have went. Do you think these songs would have fit on the big stage?
I can't wait to hear Wish You Were Here!

I'm still hoping for some concerts in Miami.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah we were able to snatch front row when plats prices dropped.

in Raleigh, everyone who had front row ticket got "pit" bracelet and we were free to roam between the stage and the front row before the start of the show, during the Wallflowers, and for the first few songs. after a while i think band security must have requested they let everyone (or a good number of rows) to come upfront between the stage and the seats.
I'm happily surprised! I'm not used to that kind of treatment. Where I live there's no way you can't move forward if you don't push people away. You need a special talent, that of course I have.

I guess I will just follow the rest of the fans until they kick me out.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Your favorite is Stevie?! I thought it was Christine...
He's being a sh*t pot stirrer.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was there with the wife last night and indeed got absolutely drenched. We ended up spending the hour or so delay in the convention center across the street. Didn't end up bringing any rain attire because, you know, only 30% chance of rain said the local weathermen, pssh.

Anyway, the show was great. A lot of empty seats especially in the back 3 sections but I'm sure that was because of the weather and people not wanting to come out in it. I was pretty sure last I had checked that a lot of those seats had been sold so I'm assuming that was the cause. But still, it was a great show with a lot of enthusiasm for both the hits and the new material. A lot of the people around us were conflicted about the slow opening but once Sleeping started the crowd really got into it.

Last edited by KenshiMaster16; 06-25-2017 at 03:10 PM..
Old 06-25-2017, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Was there with the wife last night and indeed got absolutely drenched. We ended up spending the hour or so delay in the convention center across the street. Didn't end up bringing any rain attire because, you know, only 30% chance of rain said the local weathermen, pssh.

Anyway, the show was great. A lot of empty seats especially in the back 3 sections but I'm sure that was because of the weather and people not wanting to come out in it. I was pretty sure last I had checked that a lot of those seats had been sold so I'm assuming that was the cause. But still, it was a great show with a lot of enthusiasm for both the hits and the new material. A lot of the people around us were conflicted about the slow opening but once Sleeping started the crowd really got into it.
Thanks for the review!

Glad to read on every review from every city how enthusiastic fans were around Christine and Lindsey.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:11 PM
Ledgie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhLn589Kvrs