Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac at Dodgers Stadium vs. Buckingham McVie at the Greek

I'm not a big fan of stadium shows (or nostalgia act set lists), but I hate missing any show with Lindsey Buckingham. And I love the Greek Theatre in LA.

For those of you who have seen Buckingham McVie so far, would you recommend I forgo Fleetwood Mac and see the smaller show at the Greek instead?
I'm a little put off by the pre-recorded back up harmonies/instruments, but that's not a deal breaker.
My kids (yes my teenage kids) want to see Fleetwood Mac; but I told them it would be better to see them on a real tour when it's just them (with plenty of rehearsal under their belts), and not with a stadium full of aging drunk/high people in the heat of downtown LA.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I'm not a big fan of stadium shows (or nostalgia act set lists), but I hate missing any show with Lindsey Buckingham. And I love the Greek Theatre in LA.

For those of you who have seen Buckingham McVie so far, would you recommend I forgo Fleetwood Mac and see the smaller show at the Greek instead?
I'm a little put off by the pre-recorded back up harmonies/instruments, but that's not a deal breaker.
My kids (yes my teenage kids) want to see Fleetwood Mac; but I told them it would be better to see them on a real tour when it's just them (with plenty of rehearsal under their belts), and not with a stadium full of aging drunk/high people in the heat of downtown LA.
I'd personally choose Buckingham McVie but I'm just tired of the big cash grab FM tours. The vibe of the Lindsey/Christine shows is also much happier and relaxed IMO.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

my friend and i had 2 our teenage daughters with us today and they both loved the show. Buckingham McVie at the Greek, no competition!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-27-2017, 07:36 AM

You won't avoid backing tracks and harmonies going to see Fleetwood Mac, unfortunately.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's not the backing tracks or added harmonies that made me miss the OWTS tour, it was the lack of new material. It was the first concert I missed since the Rumours tour. I'm not sure if I will see the them in 2018 if there is no new music. This is what makes me look forward to the the Buckingham Mcvie show in Philly. 8 new songs from the new album.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
It's not the backing tracks or added harmonies that made me miss the OWTS tour, it was the lack of new material. It was the first concert I missed since the Rumours tour. I'm not sure if I will see the them in 2018 if there is no new music. This is what makes me look forward to the the Buckingham Mcvie show in Philly. 8 new songs from the new album.
Plus two solo songs of his! It was really refreshing to hear something other than the tired, old war horses we're used to.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks - just needed some perspective from other true fans.

Scored my Buckingham McVie tickets at the Greek. Not a bad seat in the house, but I'm in the front section.

I missed the last two FM tours, but from what I heard (and what I saw on Youtube), the tour that was supporting the EP seemed to be the looser, higher-energy tour.
There are versions of Sad Angel, Gold Dust Woman, and Sara that are as good if not better than when I saw them in the early 80's.

The reunion tour with Chris seemed great, but a little too rehearsed and reserved?
Old 06-27-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks - just needed some perspective from other true fans.

Scored my Buckingham McVie tickets at the Greek. Not a bad seat in the house, but I'm in the front section.

I missed the last two FM tours, but from what I heard (and what I saw on Youtube), the tour that was supporting the EP seemed to be the looser, higher-energy tour.
There are versions of Sad Angel, Gold Dust Woman, and Sara that are as good if not better than when I saw them in the early 80's.

The reunion tour with Chris seemed great, but a little too rehearsed and reserved?
I loved the reunion tour. But, I don't need to see it again.

Stevie was probably the best sounding. Even though her range is very small, she got me really going on GDW. Unreal performance on her part. Christine's Little Lies, SYLM and Songbird were amazing. She was pitchy, but her range is bigger. Lindsey's excitement at the Forum all 3 nights that I attended was staggering. He carried the show, as usual.

Like I said, I just don't want to spend over $1000 to see it again. Maybe, 15 years from now. lol
Old 06-27-2017, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Like I said, I just don't want to spend over $1000 to see it again. Maybe, 15 years from now. lol
They charge to visit a mausoleum? How rude!
Old 06-27-2017, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Plus two solo songs of his! It was really refreshing to hear something other than the tired, old war horses we're used to.
You are on a role lately
Old 06-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
We wouldn't be dealing with those tired, old war horses if it wasn't for Mama Stevie. A new album is indeed needed.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
You are on a role lately
I'm in love with this new album, and it's reignited my love for the band!