User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Out of the Cradle is got to be my all time favorite Lindsey album. It is a masterpiece. It was a shame it didn't get the air play it should have. I think if it was released in 1989 only a couple of years after Tango in the Night things might have been different.
Out of the Cradle was released June 16, 1992. I was in college and heard the song Soul Drifter on the radio and ran out to buy the cd.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Just as amazing...

Happy 25th anniversary to one of the greatest albums EVER MADE!

Listening now in honor of OOTC. I didn't know who Lindsey Buckingham was in 1992. I was a sophomore in high school, listening to mostly Christian and pop music.

This is a timeless album that will forever be one of my favorites. It means more to me now than ever, with the loss of my mom. I just don't understand when people say that LB is not that great of a lyricist. You don't have to write complicated words and phrases to get a point across.

This album is so chock full of atmosphere, it's ridiculous. The spoken intro before Surrender the Rain transports me to some Mexican town listening to some dude play a guitar in the corner of a bar, while LB does a poetry slam. Surrender the Rain makes me think I'm at a carnival. Street of Dreams...I'm in a dark alley, rain falling down as I look up to the sky, crying my eyes out. Soul Drifter, running out in a field of flowers, in the sunshine. Doing What I Can, out in the desert, snake moving along the ground, buzzards circling overhead looking for the next victim.

A memory that comes to mind is when my dad, myself and my aunt went to Colorado years ago and I was listening to this album as we drove among the majestic mountains. The music filled my heart with so much joy, I started tearing up.

I use the opening guitar from Countdown as my ringtone.

Masterpiece.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love this album so much! Alongside BD it's my favorite solo project of any of them. Love the music videos too.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:36 AM
Junior Ledgie

Heart An awakening for me

When OOTC was released I immersed myself in it and turned on a bunch of hard rockers with it while working back then. Until then I don't think I appreciated subtly as well, and it opened me to a whole world of sound and feeling. I just pulled this jem back out in May. There are moments where I'm so lost in that album still till this day, it has to be one of the most personal records I've ever heard that has translated into making it a record that one can hold personal. It tugs and pulls at the heart and brain.
To top it off, I caught that tour. He didn't play the rockers off this, but the show was AMAZING... I LOVE this record.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My apologies, as I know this thread is a few months old now, but I had to offer my bit of love for Out of the Cradle.

I've recently broken up with my boyfriend of 5 years, graduated college, moved out, and started my career. Appropriately, I've found myself coming back to this masterpiece of an album. In what seems to be a kind of wasteland of music - the early 90s, a timeless gem emerged. Not only is it artistically intricate - including beautiful interludes and instrumentals, lyrics that cut to the core of a person's psyche, guitar solos that you felt in your stomach; OOTC truly showed off his ability to craft a beautiful pop song.

OOTC is an experience. Within the span of an hour you can dance ("Wrong"), cry ("Street of Dreams"), and look towards the future ("Soul Drifter."). Side note: Soul Drifter is one of the few songs in existence that without fail always puts a smile on my face. It makes my heart happy on the most basic level.

It's an album that to me, defines the very person that Lindsey is. It is his phoenix album, his rebirth, and I am just oh so thankful that we have it to listen to for years and years to come.

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 08-22-2017, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post

Soul Drifter is one of the few songs in existence that without fail always puts a smile on my face. It makes my heart happy on the most basic level.
It's one of my most favorite Lindsey songs.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:46 PM
Junior Ledgie

Listening to OOTC right now on Spotify. What an amazing album! I think it has something for everyone. It's so Lindsey! Plan on buying it on CD this month and a couple others to complete my LB CD collection!