The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Congratulations! I've never been front row before but would love to be someday! Hope you have an awesome time and tell us all about it! 
Old 03-22-2017, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, guys!

Is there any chance at getting a Vinyl or CD signed being front row?

I didn't even know there was an intermission! Haha. (please don't tell me where it is so it stays a surprise ) So possibly you could move to the center, but then obviously you'd be standing behind the person whose seat is actually there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
So glad to see that you bought the first row. As others have said, the sound might not be the best but I was in the 12th row center for Stevie's San Diego show (in VIP seats) and had people as tall as trees in front of me. Fortunately, I was able to move up a couple rows during intermission so could see Stevie but my photos weren't anywhere near as good as they would have been if I'd been closer to the front or up on the side of the stage.

If you're on stage left, that's where Sharon and Marilyn (Stevie's back-up singers) are and Stevie sings towards that direction quite a bit during the show. The stage is very well set up for this tour so you should be in great shape anywhere in the front row.

Also, depending on the venue, I've seen people in the front row move over to where Stevie is. That may or may not work for your show but try it. You'll have the first set to get the lay of the land and then you can head over there during intermission.

Hope you have a fabulous time!!!
Old 03-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good choice. You'll like being in between Stevie and the backup singers, and you'll get lots of face time with the singers too. They will be able to hear you and if it gets quiet enough, Stevie will too. They will also respond to you, whereas Stevie most likely will not. Don't be like me and drink too much beforehand, you'll want to remember every detail. Fourteen rows back is too far - I think you made the right decision.

Enjoy the Pretenders, they have almost no monitors or teleprompters to block our view and it's quite a thrill to sit right underneath them. Roll audio on the whole show, and video where you don't mind paying attention to your phone for a moment (instead of the band).

Looking forward to your reviews.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Thanks, guys!

Is there any chance at getting a Vinyl or CD signed being front row?

I didn't even know there was an intermission! Haha. (please don't tell me where it is so it stays a surprise ) So possibly you could move to the center, but then obviously you'd be standing behind the person whose seat is actually there?
You might get something signed if it's the Buckingham Nicks record or the 24k Gold record, and if the audience all conspires to draw her attention to you.

Otherwise it's a slim chance (but a chance nonetheless). I say with a family who all had backstage passes at a bar before the show. I wasn't able to charm my way into riding along with them but you might have been! So go early, and try to connect with people. If you make a connection with someone who might have an in, be cool (sober) and not too big of a fan (don't be like me).
Old 03-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for all the advice! I'd love to get something signed but it's definitely not a goal of mine and I'd hate to be one of those people just waving their vinyl or CD around like a moron during the concert. Haha. Or maybe it's normal to do that?
I'd just feel bad about it later not getting it signed. But I'll bring my Stop Dragging My Heart Around and 24 Karat Gold vinyls with me just in case I suppose. I figure I might have a shot with Stop Draggin' because she loves Tom sooo much and because she's performing the song? I don't know, haha. And 24K because she heard me scream that during the last FM Tour so coincidentally it's like a full circle if she happens to sign it. Plus I want her to feel happy about her latest album and show her love for it!

I assume you were a bit drunk when you talked to that family? Haha. Nice idea to arrive early though. I hope they have some kind of a bar or lounge at Prudential Center. In Europe or at least the Netherlands it's not common at all to "hang out" before a concert, people don't really interact much.

Of course I'm 26 and I look 22 so I'll probably stick out like I walked into the wrong concert hall ("wait isn't this supposed to be Rihanna?" Jkjk lol).

Last edited by twinmatrix; 03-22-2017 at 05:16 PM..
Old 03-23-2017, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Of course I'm 26 and I look 22 so I'll probably stick out like I walked into the wrong concert hall ("wait isn't this supposed to be Rihanna?" Jkjk lol).

I know the feeling. I'm 19 but honestly look younger and people are always shocked to hear the type of music I listen to. The funniest thing happened to me at the Memphis show. This older woman near me saw we singing and dancing my heart out to every song and asked me how on earth I knew all Stevie's songs at my age. My exact response was, "I just really freaking love Stevie Nicks!!!"
Old 03-23-2017, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post

I know the feeling. I'm 19 but honestly look younger and people are always shocked to hear the type of music I listen to. The funniest thing happened to me at the Memphis show. This older woman near me saw we singing and dancing my heart out to every song and asked me how on earth I knew all Stevie's songs at my age. My exact response was, "I just really freaking love Stevie Nicks!!!"
Hahaha that's awesome!
I'd reply "I'm the re-incarnated soul of an old woman" and watch their reaction

I remember when I went to FM I expected almost only adults and up, but when I looked around the front row there were a ton of teenagers weeping to Rhiannon.

No one around my age except my BF gets my love for Stevie, but he's from the 80s so. We love shopping vintage/second hand. Picked up a cool red denim jacket to wear to the concert a few days ago.

Last edited by twinmatrix; 03-23-2017 at 05:49 AM..