Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
she did suffer a brain aneurysm .

but is making appearances

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...gala/21712361/
Thank you. This puts things in perspective.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It was entertaining, certainly. Fans love Lindsey-Stevie drama. But it wasn't neutral or innocent.
Lindsey was bothering her. He was bothering her in that Angel clip we have, in a word.

But it was nothing out of the ordinary for those two and she gives as well as she gets and points out every chance she gets that hes's no lyricist, grammatically correct or otherwise. I don't think the lovely "burned her bridges" Lindsey is the innocent type, generally speaking. But it wasn't something for Stevie to keep talking about for the next 10 years, for sure.

Michele
Old 03-19-2017, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had totally forgotten about that "burned her bridges" comment that Lindsay had made about Christine.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel like people misinterpret that 'burning her bridges' comment. It seems like everyone thinks it was really because he was bitter that she left but I really don't think that's the case. I think he definitely didn't want her to leave and wished she had stayed but I really doubt he was bitter about it. He more than anyone else really always looks to the future and embraces change. I think he said that just because he's Lindsey. He just always says things like that. I think Ken or someone once said that Lindsey had a problem expressing his ideas without sounding uptight.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember now when "Say you will" came out, he made the "bridges" comment, saying something how he was embracing the new dynamic. Bringing things back to the "Buckingham Nicks" dynamic.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey had a sour grapes thing about Christine, after she left and he had other things to say about her which indicated that he was bitter (just like she had a couple of things to say about him when he left). But I don't think it was an enduring kind of bitterness. Just some hurt feelings.

My point was, when he said "burned her bridges" he would always go on and say how she sold her house, divorced, blah blah, but he also knows what the phrase means in common parlance and he wasn't being innocent when he said it. He was taking a little dig, but it didn't matter, because no one thought she had really burned her bridges and couldn't come back to the band when she wanted.

The bridge that separates us is a temporary one. It REALLY is,

Michele
Old 03-20-2017, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Lindsey had a sour grapes thing about Christine, after she left and he had other things to say about her which indicated that he was bitter (just like she had a couple of things to say about him when he left). But I don't think it was an enduring kind of bitterness. Just some hurt feelings.

My point was, when he said "burned her bridges" he would always go on and say how she sold her house, divorced, blah blah, but he also knows what the phrase means in common parlance and he wasn't being innocent when he said it. He was taking a little dig, but it didn't matter, because no one thought she had really burned her bridges and couldn't come back to the band when she wanted.
At the time, the comment came off as a dig, but knowing what we know now, Lindsey's comment seems completely accurate.

Christine left the band, sold her house in California, got divorced, gave away all of her keyboards, and gave up her green card. She was totally burning her bridges as far as working in the band was concerned.

It's just unfortunate that the comment came off as something more personal than it was.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

special thanks to mods for changing my ? to a !!!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

my feeling is and has been, that we are about to get something historic and it's going to be talked about a long time. I really feel quality work coming
Old 03-20-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
special thanks to mods for changing my ? to a !!!
That was me!!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
At the time, the comment came off as a dig, but knowing what we know now, Lindsey's comment seems completely accurate.

Christine left the band, sold her house in California, got divorced, gave away all of her keyboards, and gave up her green card. She was totally burning her bridges as far as working in the band was concerned.

It's just unfortunate that the comment came off as something more personal than it was.
surrendering your green card (which I wasn't aware of til recently) kinda does constitute burning a bridge. now for sure they'll stop her when she flies back to the US and demand to troll through her phone.....
Old 03-20-2017, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yes, the green card is interesting new news.

Still, I doubt that Lindsey would have repeated it in 1000 different interviews, if he didn't mean a dig. Along with the 1000 bridges, there were also 1000 "33 % more room" comments.

Aside from that he also said her stuff never sounded good on stage and that she may have accelerated his break up with Stevie. I think he was a little unhappy about the dame's absence, but I never thought he didn't want her back.

Michele
Old 03-20-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, the green card is interesting new news.

Still, I doubt that Lindsey would have repeated it in 1000 different interviews, if he didn't mean a dig. Along with the 1000 bridges, there were also 1000 "33 % more room" comments.

Aside from that he also said her stuff never sounded good on stage and that she may have accelerated his break up with Stevie. I think he was a little unhappy about the dame's absence, but I never thought he didn't want her back.

Michele
I agree. You and I have talked about this subject. I think it underneath it hurt him a little that she left. And I think that this 'dig' was driven by what was underneath. Mick's book gave us more clues. He was jumping in her limo and riding around with her. etc..
Old 03-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well Chris's revelation that he would jump in her limo after shows and try and convince her not to leave indicates how he truly felt about her going.

He probably had the same reservations about being left alone with just Stevie that Stevie had about being left with just him
Old 03-20-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well Chris's revelation that he would jump in her limo after shows and try and convince her not to leave indicates how he truly felt about her going.

He probably had the same reservations about being left alone with just Stevie that Stevie had about being left with just him
I imagine that's partly true.