The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Buckingham McVie album! Out June 9th, 2017!!!

Just saw this with a couple great pics...so they're calling it Buckingham McVie? I kinda like it!http://www.latimes.com/la-et-ms-vill...htmlstory.html
Old 01-13-2017, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

God I hope this isn't true. NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Old 01-13-2017, 08:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Good! Now maybe they will quit bugging the piss out of Stevie and everyone here can be happy! New music is new music, right? All is good!
Old 01-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Good! Now maybe they will quit bugging the piss out of Stevie and everyone here can be happy! New music is new music, right? All is good!
If you are a Fleetwood Mac Fan, something in you should be dissappointed. It is the end of the recordingband.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
If you are a Fleetwood Mac Fan, something in you should be dissappointed. It is the end of the recordingband.
My disappointment is directed exactly where it should be. At the person that brought up record sales being an excuse not to record.

You do have a point, but even Shakespeare said, "What's in a name"..

I'm going to focus on the positive and celebrate the rebuilding of burned bridges.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Registered

this is Great! new music , and hopefully reasonably priced concert tickets , and probably a solo record from Stevie !
Old 01-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The most interesting thing for me is that Christine added lyrics to instrumentals Lindsey did with Mick and John. I didn't know that. I was worried half of the material would be Buckingham and the other half Buckingham-McVie which would have resulted in a lop-sided album. If, however, she's given lyrics to his music and he's added music to her lyrics then it really is a proper, full-on collaboration.
Hmmm, I wonder if they'll be naked on the album cover
Old 01-13-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The most interesting thing for me is that Christine added lyrics to instrumentals Lindsey did with Mick and John. I didn't know that. I was worried half of the material would be Buckingham and the other half Buckingham-McVie which would have resulted in a lop-sided album. If, however, she's given lyrics to his music and he's added music to her lyrics then it really is a proper, full-on collaboration.
Hmmm, I wonder if they'll be naked on the album cover
The shippers will be so mad.. because they will be praising these lyrics that will most certainly be misconstrued to be about Stevie and it will be Christine writing them!!!
Old 01-13-2017, 08:37 AM

So they decided to do a duet album instead of a Fleetwood Mac album? I don't find it a bad idea, sounds like a good and fun experiment.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
So they decided to do a duet album instead of a Fleetwood Mac album? I don't find it a bad idea, sounds like a good and fun experiment.

They could call it Fleetwood Mac - Buckingham McVie .....it would be hilarious as it's their 4 names, when you think about it...
Old 01-13-2017, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

While I'm heartbroken that Fleetwood Mac has been confirmed dead, there is something totally heartwarming and sweet about Lindsey and Chris deciding to do a duet album. Especially at this point in their careers- they could just be resting on their laurels or doing their own solo projects, but no- they're working together. It kind of proves the real love and respect the two have for one another and their respective crafts. I'd completely lose my mind if they did a small tour together. After all these years of Fleetwood Mac disappointments, I'm still concerned this album won't make it to full term... but this article does give me some renewed hope. We're all rooting for you Lindsey & Chris!
Old 01-13-2017, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH NO STEVIE!!!!! I didn't think they'd really do this
Old 01-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
How is it an experiment?

"Working with them are two familiar names: Mick Fleetwood, whose towering drum kit is in the next room, and bassist John McVie."

How is this any different from Heroes Are Hard To Find or Say You Will? If anything, this is what Mick though he would be getting on New Year's Eve, 1974.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-13-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
How is it an experiment?

"Working with them are two familiar names: Mick Fleetwood, whose towering drum kit is in the next room, and bassist John McVie."

How is this any different from Heroes Are Hard To Find or Say You Will? If anything, this is what Mick though he would be getting on New Year's Eve, 1974.
That's true... they didn't want another female.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
How is it an experiment?

How is it not an experiment if it's never happened before?