Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Devious?

Nope, just being realistic about another possibility. I could say it sounds like you think Christine and Lindsey can do no wrong, but that would be making a sweeping generalization about you. Kind of like what you just said about me. Just because you don't share my opinion doesn't make me devious. That would be like me saying you were being devious when you wrote a thread titled "Mick Fleetwood says new album without Stevie Nicks could win awards." What, you didn't mean anything by that? That could have been a nice positive thread celebrating the new album. But you had every right to say that. So please don't try to dismiss my opinion by saying it's part of a devious plan to cause dissension here when it's a actually a real question for me.
to be fair that was the actual title of the article itself.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Devious?

Nope, just being realistic about another possibility.
Sure, over the course of four threads . . .

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-26-2017, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have NEVER seen a more spectacular ass spanking on the Ledge, than this.

THANK YOU.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Sure, over the course of four threads . . .
Old 03-26-2017, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I have NEVER seen a more spectacular ass spanking on the Ledge, than this.

THANK YOU.
lol unfortunately it doesn't look like it worked. he's still at it, in another thread. but yeah, he did let go of this one and had to invent yet another bait.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-26-2017, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol unfortunately it doesn't look like it worked. he's still at it, in another thread. but yeah, he did let go of this one and had to invent yet another bait.
Yeah, but the more ridiculous a situation looks, the more the source is exposed.

I enjoy an occasional implosion...
Old 03-26-2017, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the word on the street is that every Lindsey solo tour except his last one (One Man Show, in 2012) was money-losing proposition for him. the word on the street is also that he uses money he makes with Fleetwood Mac to finance his solo projects.
When you say "word on the street" like that, you remind me of Prince's Fury, a song that kind of makes me think of Fleetwood Mac.

Michele
Old 03-26-2017, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Prince toured small venues like this, and his prices were bouncing all over the place, with being practically free sometimes, but i believe most times they ranged from $200-250 for every seat in the venue through $500+ for the first 5-10 rows.
Maybe that's what killed him.

Michele
Old 03-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish we could have a thread to talk about the McBuck project without every second post bringing up Stevie. I am really excited about the McBuck project and I want to read people's thoughts about it, in a positive way. I just get annoyed when Stevie fans keep bringing her into the discussion. Can't they just go off on their own somewhere else and talk about Stevie, if that's all they care about?

By the way, just because John McVie and Mick Fleetwood are the rhythm section on a song, it doesn't necessarily make it a Fleetwood Mac song. If it did, Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" would be credited to Fleetwood Mac Featuring Warren Zevon.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
By the way, just because John McVie and Mick Fleetwood are the rhythm section on a song, it doesn't necessarily make it a Fleetwood Mac song. If it did, Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" would be credited to Fleetwood Mac Featuring Warren Zevon.
Warren Zevon wasn't in Fleetwood Mac. Christine and Lindsey were/are.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-27-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Warren Zevon wasn't in Fleetwood Mac. Christine and Lindsey were/are.
True, but it makes no difference if the project is a "duet" album. And from what I hear, they chose not to tour. Mick has his own projects going on, and I'm haven't heard what John is doing.

The point is, if it morphed into a duet album and Mick and John didn't want to be a part of that, than what's wrong with calling it a duet album, or Buckingham/McVie? Otherwise, the could have called it Fleetwood Quartet.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
True, but it makes no difference if the project is a "duet" album. And from what I hear, they chose not to tour. Mick has his own projects going on, and I'm haven't heard what John is doing.

The point is, if it morphed into a duet album and Mick and John didn't want to be a part of that, than what's wrong with calling it a duet album, or Buckingham/McVie? Otherwise, the could have called it Fleetwood Quartet.
Lindsey started this five years ago with Mick and John, with the intention of Stevie doing exactly what Christine ended up doing, with the intention of releasing it as Fleetwood Mac. It's no more a duets album now than was conceived five years ago.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey started this five years ago with Mick and John, with the intention of Stevie doing exactly what Christine ended up doing, with the intention of releasing it as Fleetwood Mac. It's no more a duets album now than was conceived five years ago.
really, why? a project can't morph?

if we apply your logic, then Destiny Rules is not a FM album, but a Lindsey solo album.

You (nor I or anyone else here) don't know how the concept let alone the individual songs themselves have changed since that original conception several years ago.

You can start a project thinking it will be one thing, and have it take a completely different path. There are plenty of things they can do without Stevie that they could not do with Stevie (who sings what and how for just one) that they now can do and may have chosen to do, which makes the music different from what it might have been if SN had been involved.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I'm reading and hearing the music morphed into something that it became clear the material they worked on together informed them this would be a great duet project. And then outside circumstances happened that were coincidentally pushing it that way, too. (like SN, not wanting to be a part of it)

For example, one of the songs LB worked on w/ Mick and John, was an instrumental that Christine took and wrote the lyrics and the melody. And things like that continued to happen during the 2014 sessions.

Fleetwood Mac material has a way of finding a home no matter what. Lots of times it's the other way around.. solo >>>> FMac.

I'm eager to hear what the final product is. Hopefully, more info will be forthcoming.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm reading and hearing the music morphed into something that it became clear the material they worked on together informed them this would be a great duet project. And then outside circumstances happened that were coincidentally pushing it that way, too. (like SN, not wanting to be a part of it)

For example, one of the songs LB worked on w/ Mick and John, was an instrumental that Christine took and wrote the lyrics and the melody. And things like that continued to happen during the 2014 sessions.

Fleetwood Mac material has a way of finding a home no matter what. Lots of times it's the other way around.. solo >>>> FMac.

I'm eager to hear what the final product is. Hopefully, more info will be forthcoming.
i think all these posts above list nice justifications. and maybe they really changed it all when they went to finish the album at the end of last year.

but you know what? in 2014, when they composed and recorded those 7 songs together, it was gonna be a Fleetwood Mac album. the whole 2014-15 tour they were trying to talk Stevie into joining and adding her parts. in 2016 Stevie was saying they have all this material recorded and she will join and it will be a great FM album. then at some point she definitely decided not to and they decided to finish it and put it out without her.

they can backtrack now all they want to make it sound all planned. i have to assume they finished the songs in a different way than they would have if there was 5 and not 4 of them. but let's not pretend it is not a Fleetwood Mac album. it is. just by a different name, so that Stevie can still be in Fleetwood Mac and tour with them in 2018.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"