User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
The OCD in me wants to know why this isn't in the Post-Rumours forum.
Likewise!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question: Was Mick aware of Christine's feelings/opinions of Dave Mason before he invited Dave to join Fleetwood Mac?

Back in '74/75 Mick made a big deal that if Christine didn't get on with Stevie and Lindsey, then the deal was off.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Question: Was Mick aware of Christine's feelings/opinions of Dave Mason before he invited Dave to join Fleetwood Mac?

Back in '74/75 Mick made a big deal that if Christine didn't get on with Stevie and Lindsey, then the deal was off.
Since she was not touring with them, I don't think he took that into as much consideration.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Since she was not touring with them, I don't think he took that into as much consideration.
That makes sense. I suppose at this time Christine wasn't interested in touring regardless of who was in or not in Fleetwood Mac.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I happened to catch the band by chance, while on a roller coaster outing at an amusement park in California -- same line up: Pat Benetar, Fleetwood Mac, REO Speedwagon.

I was in the park and saw the advertisement. I could not believe it! It was a somewhat surreal and very strange experience to see Fleetwood Mac sans Lindsey, Stevie and Christine. I enjoyed hearing new renditions of the old songs. It was much like when the early Rumours-era band was still performing older songs from the band's history.

What was disappointing and somewhat sad was that after such a long and lauded history, this band was second on the bill of a oldies package/ nostalgia tour performing in an amusement park to a sparse, diverse and indifferent audience.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-12-2014 at 02:02 AM..
Old 03-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I happened to catch the band by chance, while on a roller coaster outing at an amusement park in California -- same line up: Pat Benetar, Fleetwood Mac, REO Speedwagon.

I was in the park and saw the advertisement. I could not believe it! It was a somewhat surreal and very strange experience to see Fleetwood Mac sans Lindsey, Stevie and Christine. I enjoyed hearing new renditions of the old songs. It was much like when the early Rumours-era band was still performing older songs from the band's history.

What was disappointing and somewhat sad was that after such a long and lauded history, this band was second on the bill of a oldies package/ nostalgia tour performing in an amusement park to a sparse, diverse and indifferent audience.

It was kind of sad but they were starting over as a new act under an established name. The show I saw in Mansfield, MA Fleetwood Mac was the last act to perform after REO. REO's stage and lighting were impressive compared to the other 2 acts. By the time FMAC were a minute into The Chain you could see people leaving the venue. I think they were still expecting Stevie. All in all I thought they did well considering the 3 Rumours era singers/songwriters were not there.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can be found here
Quote:
JBatman95 : Do you still interact with other members of Fleetwood Mac?

Christine: Very much so, I have not seen Stevie in a while. I have been recording with John and Mick for the last couple years, and just ran into Lindsey at a club a couple weeks ago and had a good chat.

Gre1440: Give us your perspective on this most recent incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.

Christine: I find it a bizarre combination of people, but Mick chose Dave Mason... I don't think he is a bad guitar player, but I just don't know how he fits in with Fleetwood Mac... Great guitar player he is, he would not have been my first choice.

Question : Where is your "home base" these days, in England or in L.A.?

Christine: Both, we have a house in the south of England and in Los Angeles. I think I would like to start spending more time in England. After 25 years in L.A., my roots are calling me back home. I am going back for a short stint in a few days, I like the rain, I miss it.

Logo C: How many songs do you carry the lead vocal on the new album?

Christine: 5

SandG: Would you consider inviting Stevie on your next solo project? Your voices on Straight Back worked excellently with each other.

Christine: Absolutely, I would like to work with Stevie and Lindsey again. Some point down the line... Don't know where or when, but the possibilities are there. I think they would like to also. The more you don't hear Stevie's voice, the more you miss it. So unique.

Mavenman: Is Atlantic City on your schedule soon? I saw you at Taj Mahal about 5 years ago.

Christine: Well, I've given up the road as it were. Hung up my stageboots about three years ago.

JDForest: Will everyone since the last Fleetwood Mac album be playing on this one

Christine: Stevie is not on it, Rick Vito is not on it. The band now consists of John and Mick... Dave Mason, Bekka Bramlett (daughter of Delany and Bonnie)... Billy Burnette and Me.
I'm on the record, but I'm not touring with the band.

MastrPeace: Who would have been your first choice, as opposed to Dave Mason?

Christine: Lindsey Buckingham, I think he was the most superlative guitar player this band will ever have. A true shining light. After Lindsey, everybody else seems a little palid. I'm not talking talent, just chemistry for Fleetwood Mac.

Deminimus: Whathas been your most satisfying project?

Christine: I get a kick out of all of them. This last one has taken 2 years, because the rest of the band has gone out on the road. That is too long. I love to record. I am a studio junkie. I love it.

CARBONsux: What makes you laugh??

Christine: I like a dry sense of humor myself. Not sitcoms, that's for sure. I think all of the members of Fleetwood Mac and the peripherals of the band have a cynical sense of humor. One has to be able to laugh at oneself first, if you can do that, that is a start. I think it is a pretty mean sense of humor though. Mick is a very funny person.

Christine: Last question

ROBNORT: Why are you not currently touring with Fleetwood Mac?

Christine: Mainly because I've been with the band for 25 years. Touring was never my favorite thing to do... I get insomnia on the road. I can't sleep in strange beds night after night. Did not want to take sleeping pills, that is the begining of the end.
I would lie awake reading all night. This made me irritable. I had done it enough. Then I would drink a bottle of wine before bed... wake up with a hangover. It was a no win situation.
Maybe I'm look too far into things, but I see "not sitcoms" as being a slight to Bekka, who's mom was on "Roseanne" for a few seasons.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-20-2014 at 06:14 PM..