User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
Lindsey has a lot more money than the average solo artist trying to tour abroad but from what I understand, it really CAN be very difficult and expensive for American artists to play in Europe.
Mick and his band were able to go, but maybe since he was doing blues, it was easier for him to get a sponsor.

Michele
Old 05-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Mick and his band were able to go, but maybe since he was doing blues, it was easier for him to get a sponsor.

Michele
as somebody pointed out earlier, for Mick it will probably always be like going home. i suspect he probably has both citizenships, too.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Europe

With the bounce the band is getting from Glee (per NicksFix, Rumours and the songs from it are all charting overseas), as much as I would like to see Lindsey solo, he (and members of FM) would all be financially better off by touring as FM in Europe this summer. LB could sell his new CD on tour and play new songs from it, and then tour the US as a solo act in late fall. You have to strike while the iron is hot. The wheels are probably turning in Mick's head now.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwk05 View Post
3 days? did you include the magical disappearing boston show too???
yeah, although it might be wrong, i still count boston as 9/25, perhaps different venue then originally announced. figure he may start in the NE, go down the east coast (baltimore 9/30) cross over to the west in the middle of oct, starting with vegas 10/14, finish in CA beginning of nov. i hope i'm somewhat wrong, b/c looks like shorter tour than i'd like to see. have to check how GOS tour went...
Old 05-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah, although it might be wrong, i still count boston as 9/25, perhaps different venue then originally announced. figure he may start in the NE, go down the east coast (baltimore 9/30) cross over to the west in the middle of oct, starting with vegas 10/14, finish in CA beginning of nov. i hope i'm somewhat wrong, b/c looks like shorter tour than i'd like to see. have to check how GOS tour went...
would have to agree that does seem the likely case for this tour - short and sweet time for them to get back into planning the mac for 2012!!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwk05 View Post
would have to agree that does seem the likely case for this tour - short and sweet time for them to get back into planning the mac for 2012!!
Well that's what we all want, of course, but when do they ever do what we want when we want
Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I seriously doubt we'll ever see Lindsey solo European dates, which is a real shame!!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
I seriously doubt we'll ever see Lindsey solo European dates, which is a real shame!!
Still feel extremely frustrated though that we haven't a way to get across to him how much we'd like him here.

We all hope he has a little nosy on here but don't really know how likely that is!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Still feel extremely frustrated though that we haven't a way to get across to him how much we'd like him here.

We all hope he has a little nosy on here but don't really know how likely that is!
I still reckon he'll turn out to be holiday, after all. The fact that he's posting pics of himself would sound about right, considering his ego :P XD
Old 05-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I still reckon he'll turn out to be holiday, after all. The fact that he's posting pics of himself would sound about right, considering his ego :P XD
Hahahahahahaha!

If he's Holidayroad then I'm Scooby Dooby Doo
Old 05-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
The fact that he's posting pics of himself would sound about right, considering his ego :P XD
I wonder how much Lindsey thinks about his looks. He seems to have more ego about his music and creativity than his looks, but, of course, we don't get to observe him enough to really know. The only thing that struck me as physical vanity was when he adjusted the crotch of his pants for the SYW shoot and when Javier pointed out that Lindsey wore contact lenses from early on.

Contacts are common now, but back then they were much rarer. They were only "hard" then and your eyes actually had to develop callouses before they could feel comfortable. So, the fact that Lindsey started wearing contacts that early on suggests to me that he just did not want to be seen in glasses.

Although we see Stevie in glasses in some candid shots, I don't think we've ever seen Lindsey in glasses, except for sun glasses. No reading spectacles.

Of course, I don't even own a pair of glasses and never have. I wear contacts all the time myself. At this point though, it's not vanity, so much as I'm just lazy and rather careless and I don't want to keep up with a pair of frames.

Michele
Old 05-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder how much Lindsey thinks about his looks. He seems to have more ego about his music and creativity than his looks, but, of course, we don't get to observe him enough to really know. The only thing that struck me as physical vanity was when he adjusted the crotch of his pants for the SYW shoot and when Javier pointed out that Lindsey wore contact lenses from early on.

Contacts are common now, but back then they were much rarer. They were only "hard" then and your eyes actually had to develop callouses before they could feel comfortable. So, the fact that Lindsey started wearing contacts that early on suggests to me that he just did not want to be seen in glasses.

Although we see Stevie in glasses in some candid shots, I don't think we've ever seen Lindsey in glasses, except for sun glasses. No reading spectacles.

Of course, I don't even own a pair of glasses and never have. I wear contacts all the time myself. At this point though, it's not vanity, so much as I'm just lazy and rather careless and I don't want to keep up with a pair of frames.

Michele
I think he used to care a lot more about his clothes and style - over the last 10 years I don't he's cared less about style!

Right now I really feel he needs to mix it up a little - his casual look is fine, just please add a few more pieces to the ultra small wardrobe currently in use!

He really suits aviator style sunglasses - would love to see what he looked like in regular glasses in this style.