The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM
lazy poker lazy poker is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lahr (Germany)
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I've been thinking recently about the stuff that the late John Fitzgerald (wetcamelfood) and I used to chat about with regards to Fleetwood Mac. Specifically the answers to questions that we either won't know, or won't know for sure.

Are there any copies still in existence of the 22nd Streatham Cub Scouts LP Songs for Your Enjoyment album featuring Bob Brunning?
well, look what's coming 'round HERE:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22nd-STRE...-/132582019424
so, if you like to spend a few bob on it . . .
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-13-2018, 11:38 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,063
Default

Well never know what happened with Danny and Janis Joplin.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-14-2018, 08:25 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well never know what happened with Danny and Janis Joplin.
Hadn't we already known that they had had sex together?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-14-2018, 08:53 AM
chriskisn's Avatar
chriskisn chriskisn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
well, look what's coming 'round HERE:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22nd-STRE...-/132582019424
so, if you like to spend a few bob on it . . .
Our sadly missed John Fitzgerald would have bought that in a second. I'd have been tempted to chuck in some money just so he could have it. He spent so long searching for a copy and its almost cruel that one comes up after he's passed.

Budget doesn't stretch and I really have no interest in listening to it, but hell, it would be awesome to have.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Hadn't we already known that they had had sex together?
perhaps just a rumor? Check out this website- it mentions a magazine article:

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/s...M-Danny-Kirwan
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-14-2018, 08:59 AM
chriskisn's Avatar
chriskisn chriskisn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
We could engage in Bill Clinton-like semantics to define how much an affair has to be an affair to be an affair,.
Totally off the topic but...

I used to catch up for a coffee with an old work colleague (female) who had a boy about the same age as mine. We'd both take our kids along and have some lunch and a coffee. Someone (anonymously) sent my wife a message on facebook saying that I was having an affair. Good thing my wife knew I was catching up with the woman or I'd be headed for the divorce courts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 AM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
There was a quote somewhere, and I can't remember where or when, that he pretty said something about the fact it wasn't physical/sexual. It might have been Jenny that said that rather than Bob, but I do know that one of them did.

I've been on and off here since the Cyberpenguin days so have read so many articles and Q&As over the years that I can't back that up with a reference but I do know I read it about one of them saying it.

Then again, lots has been said in this band and most of it of questionable truth.
I understand what you are saying. Yes, certainly a lot of questionable truths!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,914
Default

About Danny and Janis, there is also a book that was printed out on line - who knows, this may all be rubbish, but here it is:

A book by John Glatt called "Live At The Fillmore East & West"

says: "Years later, Rod Stewart would reveal why he and Ron Wood had given her (Joplin) the cold shoulder.

"Janis Joplin was always chasing me and Ronnie around the place," he explained in 2013, "trying to shag one or the other of us, though without success. We were terrified of her and would hide."

Soon afterward, Janis managed to deflower Fleetwood Mac's original guitarist Danny Kirwan, who was still a virgin.

"Janis suffered from a reputation of eating men alive," said Mick Fleetwood. "Danny . . . looked like a little English choirboy with blond hair. Janis basically summoned him to her room. And Danny at that point I don't think had had sex with anybody. So he turned up the next morning [having] been ravaged by Janis. He had fingernail marks all over him, of which he was quite proud. She was one hell of a girl."

(I see you can buy this book on Amazon)

Last edited by Tango : 06-14-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post

Did Jenny really have an affair (or more than an affair of the mind) with Weston (Weston said no).
.
According to Mick's first book:

(circa 1973) Then someone asked me how I felt about my wife having an affair with Bob Weston, and suddenly it all came crashing down. At first, I tried to figure it out by myself. I realized that, as usual, I hadn't been paying enough attention to Jenny, and she'd allowed herself to be seduced by Bob, a real lady-killer with all the smooth lines.
..
"Sometimes," Jenny went on, "I think I must be mad to be married to someone who can't even remember my birthday, or the birthdays of our children. At least Bob Weston talks to me, and I can feel like someone else knows I'm there."
.
So Jenny told me that she and Weston had become close back in England, and the relationship had intensified when we were on tour. Hearing this in her own words broke my heart.
..
The final straw came by the pool of the Marina Hotel in L.A. during a pause in the tour. Weston and my kids were in the pool, playing and laughing. Then he got out and cuddled up with Jenny and began to read poetry to her right in front of me! It was either completely insensitive or without a thought whatsoever. I felt like I was going to have a breakdown. Why were they rubbing it in my face?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-14-2018, 02:20 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
perhaps just a rumor? Check out this website- it mentions a magazine article:

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/s...M-Danny-Kirwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
About Danny and Janis, there is also a book that was printed out on line - who knows, this may all be rubbish, but here it is:

A book by John Glatt called "Live At The Fillmore East & West"

says: "Years later, Rod Stewart would reveal why he and Ron Wood had given her (Joplin) the cold shoulder.

"Janis Joplin was always chasing me and Ronnie around the place," he explained in 2013, "trying to shag one or the other of us, though without success. We were terrified of her and would hide."

Soon afterward, Janis managed to deflower Fleetwood Mac's original guitarist Danny Kirwan, who was still a virgin.

"Janis suffered from a reputation of eating men alive," said Mick Fleetwood. "Danny . . . looked like a little English choirboy with blond hair. Janis basically summoned him to her room. And Danny at that point I don't think had had sex with anybody. So he turned up the next morning [having] been ravaged by Janis. He had fingernail marks all over him, of which he was quite proud. She was one hell of a girl."

(I see you can buy this book on Amazon)
It was mentioned in an old article on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and also engineer Dinky Dawson's biography, you can find both here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=35269

Last edited by SisterNightroad : 06-14-2018 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Freudian lapsus
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-14-2018, 02:47 PM
lazy poker lazy poker is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lahr (Germany)
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Our sadly missed John Fitzgerald would have bought that in a second. I'd have been tempted to chuck in some money just so he could have it. He spent so long searching for a copy and its almost cruel that one comes up after he's passed.
. . . i didn't know that . . . so sorry!
but as for the original question: at least we know that the odd copy of this album is still in existence. apart from that - i'm sure that this (admitted) rarity doesn't live up in terms of musical aspects to its monetary value. probably of interest for real hardcore freaks only.

Last edited by lazy poker : 06-14-2018 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
It was mentioned in an old article on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and also engineer Dinky Dawson's biography, you can find both here: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=35269
Well done - maybe the list of answers we will never know has gotten shorter!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887 BEKKA BRAMLETT singer song writer
$1.49
35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887   BEKKA BRAMLETT  singer  song writer picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved