Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wait is that true
Old 10-07-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You're right. She has stepped out of the usual on some of her tours. I'm not totally familiar with the 24 Karat tour, but I saw videos of the two title tracks of her first two albums. I wanted to give Stevie a warm handshake when I saw those. And her 1998 tour with Sleeping Angel and Rose Garden and Garbo, too. Muchos kudos. I saw Stevie's first tour and felt the excitement of seeing her play a Tom Petty song I had no knowledge she even knew. So she has definitely made her brave, funky choices, and they almost always turned out to be very welcome.

But she has never been a shock jock of the concert set list. She usually treats her choice and running order of songs as a commodity: this year sounds a lot like last year, which sounded a lot like the year before, etc.

And even more pronounced than the choice of song for a tour is the arrangement of the song. Depending on the band, it's almost always the same. There isn't much difference in the way Dreams is done onstage from decade to decade. Maybe the fatigue we sometimes say we feel with certain songs is really a fatigue with the musical sameness. (What if this year they did Dreams entirely a cappella, with Stevie, Christine, Neil, Mike, and backup people?) Lindsey does this too, I'm bummed to say, but on occasion he "reimagines" a song by giving it a new arrangement or a different atmosphere, as he did with Big Love and what-all I can't think of the others. I think on one tour of his, he did I'm So Afraid with a greatly-pared-down drum kit, which made it sound kind of futuristic or sci-fi.

I've always been of the mind that I don't care what they all play, if they're playing it differently.
Definitely. I would add, as a big fan of their music, I've watched the Mirage, Tango, White Winged Dove, Dance, and Rock a Little videos so much that I burnt myself out on songs that were always featured, such as GDW, Rhiannon, and Dreams. That's not Stevie's fault, but that's why I personally could go without ever hearing those songs live again. So your idea that they could mix the arrangement up is fantastic, and I think even the casual fan would like that. Although can one really be called a casual fan of they pay $100 for a ticket
Old 10-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I have posted in the Post Rumours board last week. You also haven't been paying attention.

Bitterness? The same you're pouring here about Lindsey?

One professional review. Ok.
I was talking about the thread on the post Rumours board after the tour started, which had posts from folks excited about the tour.

As for reviews, now that two shows have been performed, more professional reviews are coming in.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Lindsey isn't perfect but I hate it when people bring up his pas behavior and seem to ignore her behavior.
Almost every article about Stevie mentions her former drug use, love affairs, excesses of the 1980s, etc. so her behavior has hardly gone unnoticed. And I think Mick and Lindsey had both rightfully blamed her in the media in the past re: album and tour delays. In my opinion the whole TITN period (during the recording, before L left) is when they should have fired her the first time. The second time was when she did not want to record after Christine came back. But it was a business decision not to, just like it was a business decision to fire Lindsey a few years later.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Wait is that true
I forget in which thread I read that he asked her to cut her chatter between songs here, but I did.

If he did, I might have a new favorite member!
Old 10-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Almost every article about Stevie mentions her former drug use, love affairs, excesses of the 1980s, etc. so her behavior has hardly gone unnoticed. And I think Mick and Lindsey had both rightfully blamed her in the media in the past re: album and tour delays. In my opinion the whole TITN period (during the recording, before L left) is when they should have fired her the first time. The second time was when she did not want to record after Christine came back. But it was a business decision not to, just like it was a business decision to fire Lindsey a few years later.

Sorry what I meant was the fans not the press. Since he was fired many people have brought up the abuse stories and that Tusk tour incident as if it justifies his firing. I don't know how many people are on Facebook or in any of the fan groups on Facebook devoted to SN or FM but allot of people in those groups are really nasty towards Lindsey and or his family or the fans that don't have anything positive to say about SN.

I keep asking myself who so many fans are supporting the tour when it is so obvious what they did. When are people going to stop drinking the kool aid and stop giving a pass to greedy Mick and his selfish money hungry antics. Same with SN. She has allot to answer for going back to 87 when she barely showed up for work an album to delaying a 2012 tour and then a new album with the 5 of them. They bent over backwards time and again for her especially re Buckingham McVie when they waited for her to contribute to what should have been a new FM album. Why is it that she gets a pass for her diva antics as of late but if Lindsey asks for one thing (Doing solo dates in between FM shows) suddenly he is a POS. and he gets the boot.

Plus the people gushing over the cover songs they are doing makes me scratch my head. This is FM's 50th anniversary celebration so they should only be playing FM songs. If they wanted to do a tribute they should be doing 5 or so songs from 67-74 with an introduction from Mick and a video tribute to the members from that era (Kind of like the in memoriam segment the Oscars do ). The Tom Petty tribute feels so tacky and imo confirms even more that Tom's Death has allot to do with why SN got Lindsey fired.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I forget in which thread I read that he asked her to cut her chatter between songs here, but I did.

If he did, I might have a new favorite member!
Aww, finally you and Sugar Mouse agree on something. I'm actually glad to hear there seems to be less chatter during the songs. Stevie and Lindsey both need a lesson on that.