User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
By all means, post all those stellar reviews here. I'll be waiting. Listen, ask those countless fans who're enjoying this cover band for help. You won't be able to do it alone. I'm serious.
You haven’t been reading the other threads then. I am not going to spoon feed you. Look at the Post Rumours board for one. The Tulsa vids thread. A number of positive/excited coverage from fans mixed in with the bitterness, plus at least one positive professional review. It has only been one tour show. The reviews from fans and professionals will grow, both positive and negative.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post

They should have fired Lindsey in 1980 after Australia but didn’t. They did this year though.

I think you'll find it was Auckland, New Zealand Tusk Tour 1980.
Same side of the world, speak the same language but totally different country
#JustSaying
Old 10-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I think you'll find it was Auckland, New Zealand Tusk Tour 1980.
Same side of the world, speak the same language but totally different country
#JustSaying
Thanks! Sorry!
Old 10-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey isn't perfect but I hate it when people bring up his pas behavior and seem to ignore her behavior. Facebook is brutal for that. Stevie is the only one who has held up the band on records and tours. I have always maintained any of the bad behavior by all was largely due to the drugs fame etc. I have never excused anyone's behavior but I think Stevie has allot to answer for since 2009. Lindsey wanted new music and she has stalled and made excuses etc.

The current tour set list is decent but again another tour playing allot of songs they have played countless times before and no NEW album. I know a new album won't sell allot of copies but at least it would show they are not just a GH jukebox.

What kills me though is that some people are still claiming Lindsey kept them from playing their older stuff which such BS. FM is a group and I don't believe for ONE second that Lindsey has that much power to demand that they ignore the pre 75 material. Even if he did what is the excuse for all the non FM songs performed from 87-now vs actually doing some rare cuts. They should have never played Stand Back , Go Insane etc at a FM show. FM has a rich history of music and they should ONLY be playing FM music.

I am glad people are handing out flyers. As long as they do it peacefully and respectfully I have no problem with it.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They could have and should have fired her at past points, but they didn’t.

They should have fired Lindsey in 1980 after Australia but didn’t. They did this year though.

Of COURSE Stevie has something to do with it. But so does Lindsey and how he treated her and others and his overall behavior/attitude for 40+ years. That is clear. It all came to a head this year, obviously. But I doubt this would have happened if he had been a sweet, innocent man who got along with everyone the last 40+ years. He played a part too.

A disgusting power play indeed. But hey, as long as victim Stevie gets away with it and her fans are happy about it, everything should be fine, right?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
A disgusting power play indeed. But hey, as long as victim Stevie gets away with it and her fans are happy about it, everything should be fine, right?
get over it! move along!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You haven’t been reading the other threads then. I am not going to spoon feed you. Look at the Post Rumours board for one. The Tulsa vids thread. A number of positive/excited coverage from fans mixed in with the bitterness, plus at least one positive professional review. It has only been one tour show. The reviews from fans and professionals will grow, both positive and negative.
I have posted in the Post Rumours board last week. You also haven't been paying attention.

Bitterness? The same you're pouring here about Lindsey?

One professional review. Ok.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t like the notion that we have to pick sides, the “go to this, not that” mentality, the “#istandwith…” tribalism.

I’m very excited to be seeing both. I stand with the music I have loved for over 30 years, and this particular move offers up more music, not less.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-04-2018, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The first two comments were directed at the people passing out the flyers, not to or about Lindsey himself. Mitzo was the only one who actually wrote something negative about Lindsey. Yes, it would be nice if the fans showed their support for the band or individual members in a more positive light. All the fans, not just Mitzo. You followed up your criticism of Mitzo by saying Fakewood so I mean, why bother to criticize someone for making fun of Lindsey when you're making fun of FM? I know, I know, someone else probably started it first...
Saying that low ticket sales seem to make a tour unviable and that he should quit is negative about Lindsey? Don't let you opinion be swayed by my avatar and the poetry in my sig line:
Old 10-05-2018, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Saying that low ticket sales seem to make a tour unviable and that he should quit is negative about Lindsey? Don't let you opinion be swayed by my avatar and the poetry in my sig line:
I've been called a Lindsey hater myself, so I'm in the same boat as you, Mitzo
Old 10-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
What kills me though is that some people are still claiming Lindsey kept them from playing their older stuff which such BS
I doubt it's true, too. At the very least, it's reductive. Since he joined, he made clear to the band (and the public) that he didn't feel an affinity for the Bob Welch material. But he's never had anything but praise for the Peter Green material. He told Jim Ladd in 1981 that he loved playing Oh Well, and he played that one in every set from 1975 to 1982. As we all know, too, he did Green Manalishi for several years.

If you listen to him speak in interviews and get to know him musically, you can see that he isn't just flatly rejecting Fleetwood Mac's catalog 1967 to 1974. His thing has always been to give his own music priority, or the music of artists that mean a great deal to him personally (like Farmer's Daughter and Brian Wilson). The band decides as a group what to play onstage. These are group decisions based on expediency or what will work best for a particular set. (Example: keeping Gold Dust Woman out of the 1980 and 1982 sets.) It simply isn't true that one guy, the guitarist, flat-out refused to put anything old into the set for thirty years. Everyone plays a part. (Why didn't Stevie sing Silver Springs in 1987 or 1990?)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
But he's never had anything but praise for the Peter Green material. He told Jim Ladd in 1981 that he loved playing Oh Well, and he played that one in every set from 1975 to 1982.
That’s one of the most covered songs around, though. It’s scope goes well beyond just Fleetwood Mac. And, you’d have to be an idiot to be in Fleetwood Mac and talk down Peter Green. That said, Lindsey listed Peter as an influence on his lead playing in a 1993 Guitar World, and said he and Dashut would listen to Then Play On back before he was in the band.

Quote:
If you listen to him speak in interviews and get to know him musically, you can see that he isn't just flatly rejecting Fleetwood Mac's catalog 1967 to 1974. His thing has always been to give his own music priority, or the music of artists that mean a great deal to him personally (like Farmer's Daughter and Brian Wilson).
Which leads me to believe that the setlist may have been at least a factor in the recent split. Lindsey said that some of the others lost their perspective over their 43 year legacy, but it’s now abundantly clear that they were wanting to explore the 50 year legacy, warts and all. I could never imagine a scenario where Lindsey would approve of doing a song from “Time.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-05-2018, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Which leads me to believe that the setlist may have been at least a factor in the recent split. Lindsey said that some of the others lost their perspective over their 43 year legacy, but it’s now abundantly clear that they were wanting to explore the 50 year legacy, warts and all. I could never imagine a scenario where Lindsey would approve of doing a song from “Time.”
Which leads me to believe that this majority rules is just a bunch of BS. Lindsey was "fired" by majority rule. But majority rules couldn't put pre-75 songs in the set list?! Which is it?! Lindsey decides which songs to do on his own? If Mick and Stevie wanted to do those songs by majority rule then, they very well could have then and there!! I'm getting sick of all the crap this band is spewing of late.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Which leads me to believe that this majority rules is just a bunch of BS. Lindsey was "fired" by majority rule. But majority rules couldn't put pre-75 songs in the set list?! Which is it?! Lindsey decides which songs to do on his own? If Mick and Stevie wanted to do those songs by majority rule then, they very well could have then and there!! I'm getting sick of all the crap this band is spewing of late.
What you’re saying doesn’t discount this scenario:

LB: I want a new album.

SN: Absolutely not!

MF: We want to do stuff throughout the entire spectrum of the band’s history.

LB: Absolutely not! I won’t play those songs, except, maybe, “Oh Well.”

MF: We want to play a couple of Peter Green songs, as well as a Danny Kirwan song and a Bob Welch song. We’d even like to maybe do a song from “Time…”

SN: And a tribute to Tom.

LB: I’m not doing anything like that. Just our songs. This is our legacy!

MF: But, Lindsey, this is a band, and the rest of us want to…

LB: No. We’ll do our typical set and I’ll do a concurrent tour for a new solo album.

MF: Okay, but we still want to…

LB: Not happening.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-05-2018, 04:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

It’s also possible that the setlist has nothing/ little to do with the firing and that decisions to do a bunch of pre-BN songs, a song from Time, and TP song were made after the firing in light of the new configuration.

Last edited by Buster; 10-05-2018 at 04:33 PM..