User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If you look very close you can see a shawl twirling on a night of 1000 Stevie's.
:-) :-)😂😂😂😂
Old 02-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

to see this band get honored is a joy for me, they are more than worthy.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
:-) :-)��������
The night of 1000 Cheeses.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-02-2018 at 11:10 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
More whining from the peanut gallery. You just can't seem to help yourselves anymore. She performed an awesome version of GDW. 99% of the public loved it including the crowd in the hall. This has become her signature song over the last few years and the performance of it is always strong. And her speech was heartfelt and talking about Tom Petty was very appropriate based on his recognition the year before.

I just wish the bashing would stop. You are continuing to chase away fans from the board. One can always hope...
You've stated a 1000 shawling times that you're leaving, and never coming back, yet you stay.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You've stated a 1000 shawling times that you're leaving, and never coming back, yet you stay.
Yes I do because I am a fan of this entire band.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Most people here know I'm not happy with Stevie's decisions these last few years. But I'll give her her due: she's still an electric performer. And the more I hear speeches and interviews with Lindsey the more I'm inclined to understand why she feels working with him is simply too much of a pain. When I listen to the four band speeches from the Musicares event, by far the most annoying and windy one was Lindsey's. Stevie may have spoken for the longest amount of time, but she was entertaining and occasionally insightful. Meanwhile, Mick and Chris's speeches were sweet and on point for the event.

So, I guess I'm saying, I don't know why so much hatred is directed at Stevie in the form of humiliating references to animals, her weight, etc. I just don't get it. Yeah, she's annoying (as is Lindsey) and yeah her decision not to record new music with the band is appalling, but she can still turn in a powerful performance, even when her vocal range has shrunk to less than an octave.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Most people here know I'm not happy with Stevie's decisions these last few years. But I'll give her her due: she's still an electric performer. And the more I hear speeches and interviews with Lindsey the more I'm inclined to understand why she feels working with him is simply too much of a pain. When I listen to the four band speeches from the Musicares event, by far the most annoying and windy one was Lindsey's. Stevie may have spoken for the longest amount of time, but she was entertaining and occasionally insightful. Meanwhile, Mick and Chris's speeches were sweet and on point for the event.

So, I guess I'm saying, I don't know why so much hatred is directed at Stevie in the form of humiliating references to animals, her weight, etc. I just don't get it. Yeah, she's annoying (as is Lindsey) and yeah her decision not to record new music with the band is appalling, but she can still turn in a powerful performance, even when her vocal range has shrunk to less than an octave.
When I went in 2014 I was amazed at how all of them at their age (John being sick). could still push out the amount of energy that they did. It was unreal. That was 4 years ago!

For some reason I don't get sick of GDW.. she did like a witchy twitchy dance that made her look crazy. It was good crazy tho... it sparked those memories of why I loved these 5 in the first place.

I'm not mad at her anymore for not wanting to do 5 member album. It breeds other opportunities. BuckVie.. Her solo tour .. people got to hear Crying in The Night. I had front row at the Greek in front of a crazy sold out crowd. etc.

I didn't mind her speech because she looked happy and was smiling and making people laugh. And Christine's speech.. uhhh hearing her voice and looking so elegant and stunning.. This footage was great for me. And I didn't have to spend $500 or $1500 (3 shows).

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-02-2018 at 01:24 PM..
Old 02-02-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think in the UK it’s called Brawn....
Tho if you look carefully at your picture it looks like small animals tongues...
Yes, according to Wikipedia "The term 'head cheese' is used in North America, 'potted heid' in Scotland, 'brawn' elsewhere in Britain and Australia. The term 'souse' for the pickled variety is North American and West Indian."

That's what Google gave me when I searched for "Head cheese", I don't know if it's some kind of variation but it looked like the closest match to Coppa:

Old 02-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
When I went in 2014 I was amazed at how all of them at their age (John being sick). could still push out the amount of energy that they did. It was unreal. That was 4 years ago!

For some reason I don't get sick of GDW.. she did like a witchy twitchy dance that made her look crazy. It was good crazy tho... it sparked those memories of why I loved these 5 in the first place.

I'm not mad at her anymore for not wanting to do 5 member album. It breeds other opportunities. BuckVie.. Her solo tour .. people got to hear Crying in The Night. I had front row at the Greek in front of a crazy sold out crowd. etc.

I didn't mind her speech because she looked happy and was smiling and making people laugh. And Christine's speech.. uhhh hearing her voice and looking so elegant and stunning.. This footage was great for me. And I didn't have to spend $500 or $1500 (3 shows).
I'm with you on all of this... xoxT
Old 02-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
But I'll give her her due: she's still an electric performer.
Yeah, she's annoying (as is Lindsey) and yeah her decision not to record new music with the band is appalling, but she can still turn in a powerful performance, even when her vocal range has shrunk to less than an octave.
Don't you know, it's the butterflies in her stomach. They're responsible for her magical performances.

She got the biggest response from the audience. There's something about that girl.

And that pig **** is really grossing me out, especially being a vegetarian. How do people eat that?!
Old 02-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Don't you know, it's the butterflies in her stomach. They're responsible for her magical performances.

She got the biggest response from the audience. There's something about that girl.

And that pig **** is really grossing me out, especially being a vegetarian. How do people eat that?!
Two of my favorite things are fried chicken livers AND gizzards. I LOVE them.

Ever heard of Nashville Hot Chicken? I found a place last month that has Nashville hot chicken gizzards. A love affair began that day!
Old 02-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Two of my favorite things are fried chicken livers AND gizzards. I LOVE them.

Ever heard of Nashville Hot Chicken? I found a place last month that has Nashville hot chicken gizzards. A love affair began that day!
NO!!! And I'm not interested. Let's just stick with PBR and BuckVie!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
NO!!! And I'm not interested. Let's just stick with PBR and BuckVie!
Well I love those things, too!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I love those things, too!
So, what's your favorite, in order?
Old 02-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, what's your favorite, in order?