Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up people handing out Lindsey show flyers in front of venue

this seems to be a really constructive way to both do something about LB situation if one isn't liking it while also advertise local LB solo shows -

people were apparently in front of the venue last night handing out local Lindsey Buckingham show flyers

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

They were allowed to be there. I thought that was nice.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That’s a didja.

I mean, I guess it’s cool, so long as it’s respectful. Some/most people just want a fun night out listening to music they like and don’t really care about what went down.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-04-2018, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this seems to be a really constructive way to both do something about LB situation if one isn't liking it while also advertise local LB solo shows -

people were apparently in front of the venue last night handing out local Lindsey Buckingham show flyers

How sweet! I am sure it did not sway a single ticket holder to not attend after all. But cute thought! Maybe they’ll attend a solo show anyway.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no problem with people handing out flyers about Lindsey's solo tour at a FM concert, as long as that's all that's on them, and nothing nasty. But would people get upset if someone was passing out flyers about FM's tour at a Lindsey concert? In both cases, it's kind of like, what's the point?
Old 10-04-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I have no problem with people handing out flyers about Lindsey's solo tour at a FM concert, as long as that's all that's on them, and nothing nasty. But would people get upset if someone was passing out flyers about FM's tour at a Lindsey concert? In both cases, it's kind of like, what's the point?
I would love it!! Can you imagine people being pissed for standing by LB and handing out FMAC flyers!!

I would respect that!! Understand it, maybe not so much. But, it's still funny.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I wish this was not posted because it makes me very sad
Lindsey has sold only around 26 tickets in Miami. Apparently this was an option to get people to notice Lindsey's solo tour. But unfortunately the mass that go to Mac concerts are more of a Stevie cult. If she was not on the stage 90% of them would not be there.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lindsey has sold only around 26 tickets in Miami.
Oh wow. That’s sad. Although, Miami is kind of a fickle market.

Quote:
Apparently this was an option to get people to notice Lindsey's solo tour.
That’s great, but is that the appropriate way to go about it?

Quote:
But unfortunately the mass that go to Mac concerts are more of a Stevie cult. If she was not on the stage 90% of them would not be there.
Really? 90%? I thought most people went mostly because they liked the music.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey has sold only around 26 tickets in Miami. Apparently this was an option to get people to notice Lindsey's solo tour. But unfortunately the mass that go to Mac concerts are more of a Stevie cult. If she was not on the stage 90% of them would not be there.
I think it was actually only 9 tickets. I can make up numbers too.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a good idea actually. It shows support for Lindsey while still being respectful to everyone involved.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How viable is a tour when nobody buys tickets? He probably should just quit.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
How viable is a tour when nobody buys tickets? He probably should just quit.
No I disagree. He loves small venues and loves performing. However Mac fans do not support Lindsey nor Christine on solo tours. Yes 90% of the "fans." Christine had a hit album and sung most of the Mac hits and in 1984 I saw her concert only attract 200 people at the most. Last year Christine and Lindsey could not even fill small theaters in most of the cities. The masses flock to Stevie. Lets be real. If Stevie was not in the band but Lindsey was, they would be playing small theaters. I don't understand it but is just reality
Old 10-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From what I saw his show in Miami has sold about halfway. It's roughly a 2K seat venue, one of the largest he's playing, and he's sold roughly 1K. Which still isn't that great but I'm not sure where you got the number 26 from. There's no way they would have added a show there if they had even remotely projected it would sell that poorly.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Lindsey has sold only around 26 tickets in Miami. .
yeah Miami show is really weird, been watching it for weeks now. almost every other show practically sold out within days, but Miami is like non-existent. can't figure out what is it about that show, or venue or date?

i think advertising LB solo shows at FM tour shows is a cool spontaneous grassroots way of doing it - why not? i'm on twitter and i see people saying how Lindsey live is spectacular and that theyd go see him in a sec if he was touring again - and they are stunned when i link them to the tour dates - they had no clue. so why not tell FM audience which is by default so obviously overlapping with LB audience that he's gonna be in their town?

i realize it's not very useful for all those venues that are practically sold out, or when his shows are before FM, but when the situation is like it was in Tulsa? why not!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-04-2018, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah all balogna. LB has three shows in three days in central/south Florida. He’s selling just fine. His second show of tour has only 4 tickets remaining, his first concert has about 20. He’s doing fine.