Old 08-27-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac on Ellen

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-ellen-details
Old 08-27-2018, 01:28 PM

Thank you for posting.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, JohnL. I am VERY curious how this will look and sound.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Thanks, JohnL. I am VERY curious how this will look and sound.
I am also. I think it will be interesting from all perspectives. How the band itself actually sounds and how these three voices gel. I can’t wait. I didn’t realize we would get an opportunity before the iHeartRadio festival.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:22 PM
Ledgie

Default Which two 'Classic Hits?'

OK -which "two of their classic hit songs" do you predict they will perform?
I would go for....'Oh Well' or certainly something from the P.G. era and, of course ,M.C. has done it with T.P. and...'The Chain' maybe(although I suspect it will be something of Stevie's- which is hard to predict as it highlights, once again, that most of the 'classic hits' are either L.B. or C.McVie numbers.....)
Old 08-27-2018, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And what songs will they play?

I'm sure there has been a ton of internal debate over the song choices.

My guess is these are the songs in contention for The Ellen Show:

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Rhiannon
Sara
Gypsy
Dreams
Everywhere
Little Lies
Old 08-27-2018, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
OK -which "two of their classic hit songs" do you predict they will perform?
I would go for....'Oh Well' or certainly something from the P.G. era and, of course ,M.C. has done it with T.P. and...'The Chain' maybe(although I suspect it will be something of Stevie's- which is hard to predict as it highlights, once again, that most of the 'classic hits' are either L.B. or C.McVie numbers.....)
Personally I do not believe they will play oh well on Ellen. That is not a classic Fleetwood Mac hit. I think it will be a Christine song and a Stevie song with harmony is provided by Neil. However The Chain May be played also. You just couldn’t leave without that last comment though could you? Let’s see. Rhiannon, landslide, dreams, gypsy, gold Dust Woman, the words to the chain, Silver Spring, do I need to go on? Unreal. If anything Christine and Stevie have the most hits.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
And what songs will they play?

I'm sure there has been a ton of internal debate over the song choices.

My guess is these are the songs in contention for The Ellen Show:

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Rhiannon
Sara
Gypsy
Dreams
Everywhere
Little Lies

The Chain--this would be the height of effed-upness as it speaks to the cohesion through adversity of the five
You Make Loving Fun -- I'd bet on Don't Stop before this. It's an anthem now and also has the instant recognition factor
Rhiannon mmmaaayyyyyybeee....it does have that instant recognition factor
Sara -- NOPE
Gypsy-- pooooossibly
Dreams-- this has been a staple of her solo set so this has better probability
Everywhere -- NOPE
Little Lies -- nope

OH well is a bit of a niche song, not a major reminder of who they are for the casual listener. They aren't playing to die hards on Ellen, so......

Don't Dream It's Over? To highlight the new mix??

Landslide is another instant recognition song

Say You Love Me is another nice, upbeat song, but I bet they will stay focused on Rumours.

If I had to bet on just two, I'd go with one Chris and one Stevie Don't Stop and Landslide. (but Rhiannon and then Dreams would be alternates for the Stevie song).

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-27-2018 at 04:02 PM..
Old 08-27-2018, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they will perform Little Lies and Rhiannon. However, Seven Wonders is also a remote possibility, since American Horror Story returns in early September, and Stevie sang that on the show before.

I think the band wants to showcase 2 things with the Ellen show: first, Stevie and Christine's stage presence and second, how Neil and Mike blend in with the band. The harmonies on Little Lies and the guitar playing on Rhiannon would accomplish both and show us all how well Neil and Mike can gel with the others.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Personally I do not believe they will play oh well on Ellen. That is not a classic Fleetwood Mac hit. I think it will be a Christine song and a Stevie song with harmony is provided by Neil. However The Chain May be played also. You just couldn’t leave without that last comment though could you? Let’s see. Rhiannon, landslide, dreams, gypsy, gold Dust Woman, the words to the chain, Silver Spring, do I need to go on? Unreal. If anything Christine and Stevie have the most hits.

You seem to be regarding 'hits' as notable/famous songs. Traditionally, of course, hits are 'hit singles'.
Landslide was not a hit single
Gold Dust Woman was not a hit single
The Chain was not a hit single
Silver Springs was not a hit single

Chris has had the most hits by some distance. Stevie probably just sneaks ahead of Lindsey.

As far as Ellen- I'd expect Little Lies and Dreams. Chris and Stevie will be out there as the faces of the band. They need to shift tickets and wont jeopardize that by playing anything featuring the newbies. Indeed they desperately need to get their big hits out there and exposed now more than ever.
Little Lies and Dreams, though Don't Stop is a very good shout.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-27-2018, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
You seem to be regarding 'hits' as notable/famous songs. Traditionally, of course, hits are 'hit singles'.
Landslide was not a hit single
Gold Dust Woman was not a hit single
The Chain was not a hit single
Silver Springs was not a hit single

Chris has had the most hits by some distance. Stevie probably just sneaks ahead of Lindsey.

As far as Ellen- I'd expect Little Lies and Dreams. Chris and Stevie will be out there as the faces of the band. They need to shift tickets and wont jeopardize that by playing anything featuring the newbies. Indeed they desperately need to get their big hits out there and exposed now more than ever.
Little Lies and Dreams, though Don't Stop is a very good shout.
OK I will bite. I left off Sara and a Seven Wonders. The only two Lindsay songs that were hits then are go your own way and big love. That’s not squeaking ahead of Lindsey. Even if I am missing one or two it’s still not squeaking ahead of Lindsey.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OK I will bite. I left off Sara and a Seven Wonders. The only two Lindsay songs that were hits then are go your own way and big love. That’s not squeaking ahead of Lindsey. Even if I am missing one or two it’s still not squeaking ahead of Lindsey.
I have to beg to differ that landslide and Silver springs weren’t hit singles. Landslide was a fairly big hit with the dance reunion as well as Silver springs. I think they were both in the top 20 singles chart. Also as you know Silver springs was nominated for a Grammy.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac on daytime TV.
Somehow it fits.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
I have to beg to differ that landslide and Silver springs weren’t hit singles. Landslide was a fairly big hit with the dance reunion as well as Silver springs. I think they were both in the top 20 singles chart. Also as you know Silver springs was nominated for a Grammy.

I'm really not trying to be pedantic. When an artist releases a Greatest Hits album its generally songs released as singles (hence the notable absences from Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits). Not sure what chart you'd be thinking of but as far as I'm concerned- no, neither Landslide nor Silver Springs reached anywhere near the top 20.

Add Tusk to Lindsey's list. A shout could go to Oh Dianne as well as it was a UK top 10. Indeed the US version of GH has 4 Stevie (discounting NQA) and 3 Lindsey. The UK release has 5 Stevie, 4 Lindsey. Of course, the additional Stevie song is Seven Wonders; Great song. Sung by Stevie but not really written by her.

So yes, I think it would be fair to say Stevie sneaks ahead of Lindsey in terms of hit singles with Fleetwood Mac.

Of course, as far as the TV station promoting the Ellen show is concerned- they wont be distinguishing between hit singles and famous songs, so really it could be any, though I'd stick with Little Lies (or maybe Dont Stop) and Dreams

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-27-2018, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Fleetwood Mac on daytime TV.
Somehow it fits.
Yes probably the most popular television show on daytime right now. The same show that bands like Maroon 5 and every other big-name has appeared on in the last two or three years. Stop with the negativity and the bad feelings. The band goes on and will be successful on this tour whether you like it or not.