The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2003, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2003 Studio Album Named...............

SAY YOU WILL

Below is lifted from Mick's site

Get another Mac Fix sooner than you think! The single will debut March 4th but no final decisions on the song yet!

You can hear a new Fleetwood Mac song called "Peace Keeper" on NBC's Third Watch scheduled to play on February 17th!

The ALBUM HAS BEEN NAMED!

The most interesting, most exciting, most wonderful new album in your collection this year will be named . . . . . . . "SAY YOU WILL".

I just can't express how superior the production is and how deeply "Fleetwood Mac" this album is. It is a masterful work that will both remind you of the best of the golden days and astound you with different twists and a new sound. "Say You Will" will simply knock you out!

More Soon about the fan club and advance tickets. We've listened to your comments and locked this down and I think you're going to like it!

Warm Regards!

The Knight!

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-02-2003, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting that, Neil.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks Neil

WOW that is big news!

I'm personally far from 'blown away', but it's not a 'bad' title either. In fact, that describes my feeling - its pretty mediocre, wouldn't you agree.

"Oh well"

Old 02-02-2003, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If they were going to take the easy way out and name the album after a track, instead of coming up with a unique name (like Rumours or Mirage), then I think it definitely should have been Peacekeeper, or even Thrown Down at the very least. Say You Will doesn't sound so interesting for a title.

Last edited by SmthngOfADreamr; 02-02-2003 at 07:53 AM..
Old 02-02-2003, 07:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for posting this, Neil.

I have to say, I agree that the title is a bit lackluster. It took them that long to come up with "Say You Will"? I think "Peacekeeper" would have been an awesome title for the album.

Hmm...

Mike B.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now all we need are the actual tour dates and the track list.

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-02-2003, 08:15 AM
joe

I don't really like the title....i always expect a one word symbolic sort of title for them...I really would have like it to be called "Peacekeeper"...i think it would have been very appropriate in these hellish times...also, didn't Stevie say in the "Behind the Music" special that she "always tried to keep the peace..."? and Lindsey wrote the song....Oh well, nothing we can do about it...not to be negative but i really haven't been blown away by anything about this project yet. I'm glad they're doing a record but i'm keeping my expectations low.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Like some other people have said, I think Peacekeeper would have been a better title.
Sofie
Old 02-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Say You Will" is such a generic, nondescript kind of a title... my money was definitely on "Peacekeeper" so this comes as a major disappointment. I guess the title isn't everything but it would have to be their worst to date.
To think that Stevie has been waiting all these years to have a Mac album named after one of her songs and this is the best she could manage? Maybe she just put her platform down and insisted on having the title song this time around without giving it a lot of thought - it certainly seems that way.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:50 AM
Ledgie

Question Well, there is that reference to "DANCE"

Anyone else notive in "Say You Will" the lyrical reference to getting someone to "dance" ... maybe this song is supposed to represent the members coming together again via the DANCE special [which was itself working with the symbolism of the Matise painting, etc.] to put out a new album.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Junior Ledgie

What a bland, uninspiring title for an album. It reinforces my fears that there's going to be a fair bit of Tango-style rubbish on this new album. Perhaps Lindsey can pull off an heroic feat of production in order to smother Stevie's childish gibberings.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not impressed by that title at all. So why did it take them what seemed like an eternity to name it???

The one good thing about the title "Say You Will" is that it sounds very similar to the sort of names of most pop albums being released (by the stars of the past few years, not veterans) nowadays. Ok, good for them, I really do hope that the album is as commercially successful as it deserves to be.

Old 02-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Well, there is that reference to "DANCE"

Quote:
Originally posted by NoQuestionsAskd
Anyone else notive in "Say You Will" the lyrical reference to getting someone to "dance" ... maybe this song is supposed to represent the members coming together again via the DANCE special [which was itself working with the symbolism of the Matise painting, etc.] to put out a new album.
That is good point. I don't thrill over this title, however I did not like "Peacekeeper" as a title either. I did not like the title for "The Dance" at the time either. Maybe it will grow on me. Hope the CD cover is good.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:06 PM

"Say You Will" !!!????

This is the best they could have come up with? Maybe these numbskulls should go back on drugs.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hey... maybe it will fit in well with the cover and the whole "theme" of the album. At least we have a title now! I kinda like it.... Say You Will.....