The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can’t believe anyone legitimately thinks there is/ever was a chance for them to get back together...
Historically whenever bands break up or “go on hiatus” they often say things like that. Look at just about any boyband/girlband that has ever split up. But it rarely ever actually happens. It’s just something they say because it sounds nice. I’m sure Lindsey would’ve liked the idea of them getting back together which is why he said it, but it was never gonna actually happen and he knew it. He never would’ve filed that lawsuit if he legitimately thought there was a real chance to reunite. After all that’s happened it’s entirely unrealistic. And then you take into account their ages and the idea of a reunion becomes even more of a pipe dream.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don’t know why, but that just strikes me as sad bordering on pathetic.
I'm not so sure whether he really means it or is making it clear that not only was he not responsible for the current mess, he won't be the one who stood in the way of making it right and going out properly with the Rumours 5 when they don't get together for a final proper goodbye.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not saying it won’t happen, but remember when Bob Welch sued the band? How did that go for him?
Apples and oranges! As much as I love Bob, they couldn't get arrested during those years. As much as you CAN'T own it, Steve, this ain't PG's FM. And it's NOT Mike Campbell's FM.

IT IS LINDSEY MOTHER F*CKING BUCKINGHAM'S FM.

You can wave your god damned banner until we're all DEAD, but he MADE the band a household name, at least in the US.

They KNOW that they let $tevie f*ck it up with her ultimatum. JUST ADMIT IT. WE'RE TIRED OF HEARING THE ARGUMENTS AGAINST.

Rant off, until you counter...
Old 12-11-2018, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Again, I just have to forgive them because it’s really just Stevie being so needy for a certain kind of attention and maybe not wanting to compete with the vitality that I have.
This is just so totally Lindsey, passive-aggressive and mean while softly spoken. I can imagine how fed up the band was with dealing with him. It's over and he knows it now, no need to hide his true colors anymore.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
This is just so totally Lindsey, passive-aggressive and mean while softly spoken. I can imagine how fed up the band was with dealing with him. It's over and he knows it now, no need to hide his true colors anymore.
So can you imagine her true colors, that they're tired of dealing with?

Pot? Kettle? Chiffonhead?
Old 12-11-2018, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Lindsey: contains frustration and speaks softly
Stevie: flies around room in rage, shouting

Stevie fans: "Lindsey is the one with the issues! Praise be the Urchin Queen!"

Hey, we get that he's not perfect. But the notion that the rest of the band--other than Stevie--is "fed up with dealing with him" is wishful thinking. She forced their hand.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^I don't know that, and you don't know it either.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So can you imagine her true colors, that they're tired of dealing with?
Pot? Kettle? Chiffonhead?
Well, she is in FM, he is not. Go figure.
Pot? Kettle? Okay!
But I'm no Chiffonhead at all.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I can’t believe anyone legitimately thinks there is/ever was a chance for them to get back together...
Historically whenever bands break up or “go on hiatus” they often say things like that. Look at just about any boyband/girlband that has ever split up. But it rarely ever actually happens. It’s just something they say because it sounds nice. I’m sure Lindsey would’ve liked the idea of them getting back together which is why he said it, but it was never gonna actually happen and he knew it. He never would’ve filed that lawsuit if he legitimately thought there was a real chance to reunite. After all that’s happened it’s entirely unrealistic. And then you take into account their ages and the idea of a reunion becomes even more of a pipe dream.
I agree totally in aggregate, but I also don’t think anyone affiliated with FM, particularly Mick and Azoff, thought there would be this much backlash. Even though you can’t compare the 2 scenarios, I could see in their minds walking thru how successful the band was without Christine, why couldn’t they without Lindsey. Added bonus, 2 credible talented guitarists in their own right...Lindsey who? They completely misjudged what a core part of the band he really is/was. I could absolutely see them trying to score one last tour. Look at how fast another tour happened once Christine came back. I could totally see them sitting Stevie down and saying we did what you asked, you owe us this. Even Stevie, in the dark recesses of her mind, when all her hangers on have gone home, would acknowledge this little plan didn’t work out as well as anticipated
Old 12-11-2018, 08:09 AM

I have a HUGE problem with him saying that $tevie being needy for a certain kind of attention and that she gets jealous of other people's vitality.

We would never say anything like that here at TL. Because this is an awful place and should be destroyed!!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-11-2018 at 08:11 AM..
Old 12-11-2018, 08:13 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I agree totally in aggregate, but I also don’t think anyone affiliated with FM, particularly Mick and Azoff, thought there would be this much backlash. Even though you can’t compare the 2 scenarios, I could see in their minds walking thru how successful the band was without Christine, why couldn’t they without Lindsey. Added bonus, 2 credible talented guitarists in their own right...Lindsey who? They completely misjudged what a core part of the band he really is/was. I could absolutely see them trying to score one last tour. Look at how fast another tour happened once Christine came back. I could totally see them sitting Stevie down and saying we did what you asked, you owe us this. Even Stevie, in the dark recesses of her mind, when all her hangers on have gone home, would acknowledge this little plan didn’t work out as well as anticipated
The difference with Christine being gone is that she chose to be gone. Same thing with the first time Lindsey left. He made the choice. This time they fired him, and it is completely different.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Not saying it won’t happen, but remember when Bob Welch sued the band? How did that go for him?
Not saying it will or won't either... but we both know this is different.
Would like to see another BuckVie album.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hausermd View Post
The difference with Christine being gone is that she chose to be gone. Same thing with the first time Lindsey left. He made the choice. This time they fired him, and it is completely different.
That was my point exactly. It is completely diff but TPTB thought they could implement the same playbook with the added bonus of 2 highly credible ringers and replicate the success the band had without a key member.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

I loved seeing this interview. THANK YOU for the links!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
The one mistake he makes is speculating that Stevie may be jealous of his family life. That's not something to wonder aloud about on national television.
It's interesting because when I was reading the thread and written comments prior to watching the interview, I reluctantly thought the same thing... reading some of his answers (in written form) gives them a harsher tone and I kind of cringed (for the record, I am definitely TeamLindsey!).

However as soon as I had time to watch/listen to him answering, they take a much softer, honest, from-the-heart kind of tone and delivery. It's hard to criticize. As someone else posted already, it does deliver as if he's been searching for answers as to why his very presence could offend SN so much and perhaps that is a truthful reason why. It's reasonable that he should think these thoughts out loud when finally given a platform to discuss it all.

I guess that is often the case with quotes pulled out of context and typed up (for anyone), but for me personally it's interesting to compare my own reactions. Just random thoughts here, I don't have much to add, sorry...

I loved the interview. Huge kudos to LB for being so gracious amongst such betrayal.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
I loved seeing this interview. THANK YOU for the links!

It's interesting because when I was reading the thread and written comments prior to watching the interview, I reluctantly thought the same thing... reading some of his answers (in written form) gives them a harsher tone and I kind of cringed (for the record, I am definitely TeamLindsey!).

However as soon as I had time to watch/listen to him answering, they take a much softer, honest, from-the-heart kind of tone and delivery. It's hard to criticize. As someone else posted already, it does deliver as if he's been searching for answers as to why his very presence could offend SN so much and perhaps that is a truthful reason why. It's reasonable that he should think these thoughts out loud when finally given a platform to discuss it all.

I guess that is often the case with quotes pulled out of context and typed up (for anyone), but for me personally it's interesting to compare my own reactions. Just random thoughts here, I don't have much to add, sorry...

I loved the interview. Huge kudos to LB for being so gracious amongst such betrayal.

You nailed it. I think she is completely jealous of him and his wife (just like some shippers). She does not have a life like Lindsey or even Christine. They don't walk around thinking they are superstars. They are not entitled diva like idiots. And when you walk around with entitlement and know it's eventually coming to an end... well as you say. LB represents something she will never have, a family, love from people that are actually involved with him other than a paycheck. I love his comment about involving himself with people who actually care about what he's doing AND not just collecting money. (yes, I know they all love money... but he actually wants to back it up with creativity)

Her life is mainly superficial... and to add insult to injury, she couldn't even create new music for the new album. She's a sad lonely person that took this band over to validate her pathetic life and stab a knife in LB's back.

Why? because he doesn't buy her big bag of bull***. And it's coming clear, neither does Christine.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-11-2018 at 10:02 AM..