The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default If you could ask Jeremy Spencer ONE question, what would you ask?

And if he absolutely had to be honest:

Jeremy, when you left Fleetwood Mac that day and disapeared were you really trying to "stick it" to anyone in particular in your band?
Old 09-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey there, I know you probably did not mean it as such, but your question may come off as a tad insensitive, even rude. Jeremy reads The Ledge and occasionally posts on it. Several interviews have revealed there was no malice in his decision to leave the band. He was ready for a more spiritual journey.

But I like the subject of your thread and will even contribute a question.

On the Kiln House tour you must have had some thoughts about what you might do for the next FM studio record. What were some possible directions you were willing to take?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
And if he absolutely had to be honest:

Jeremy, when you left Fleetwood Mac that day and disapeared were you really trying to "stick it" to anyone in particular in your band?
What makes you ask this question, Viv? Do you suspect something? And if so, who would it have been? Understand that I don't mean this badly, I think your question is valid coming from someone who would be curious, and I certainly don't take any offence.
Jeremy.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Thoughts on Kiln House follow-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Hey there, I know you probably did not mean it as such, but your question may come off as a tad insensitive, even rude. Jeremy reads The Ledge and occasionally posts on it. Several interviews have revealed there was no malice in his decision to leave the band. He was ready for a more spiritual journey.

But I like the subject of your thread and will even contribute a question.

On the Kiln House tour you must have had some thoughts about what you might do for the next FM studio record. What were some possible directions you were willing to take?
At that point, I had no idea, Aleuzzi. It all seemed so futile, and my mind was confused. Recording direction etc. was the last thing on it, to be honest.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since you're around, I have a question or two. .

From what you knew of Peter Green before his "change", do you think he would've left FM as soon as he did? In other words, if drugs didn't take away his ambition, would he have been the leader Jimmy Page, or Pete Townshend were for their respective bands? I can't see the cocky Peter Green turning down that future, but that's why I'm asking you Jeremy.

From what I gathered in the Peter Green BBC documentary, you stayed in touch with Peter long after he left FM. Is this correct? Do you still see, or speak with him today? Actually that's four.

I just went back and re-read your Q&A from 6/99 just to make sure I didn't ask a previously answered question. You mentioned interaction with Mick and John, but not Peter.

Last edited by slipkid; 09-14-2009 at 10:35 PM..
Old 09-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jeremy, what what do you most miss of the band or those days?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile ask me any question, but...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Since you're around, I have a question or two. .

From what you knew of Peter Green before his "change", do you think he would've left FM as soon as he did? In other words, if drugs didn't take away his ambition, would he have been the leader Jimmy Page, or Pete Townshend were for their respective bands? I can't see the cocky Peter Green turning down that future, but that's why I'm asking you Jeremy.

From what I gathered in the Peter Green BBC documentary, you stayed in touch with Peter long after he left FM. Is this correct? Do you still see, or speak with him today? Actually that's four.

I just went back and re-read your Q&A from 6/99 just to make sure I didn't ask a previously answered question. You mentioned interaction with Mick and John, but not Peter.
Okay, this is for the record for all concerned pre-Rumours ledgies!
Like Muddy Waters said: "You can ask me any question you like , just don't ask me what I think about the Rolling Stones."
And like Scotty Moore said (guitarist with Elvis in the early days) 'Don't ask me about Elvis'!"
Or even Joanne Woodward: "Don't ask me: 'What is it like to live with Paul Newman?"
Same here: "Don't ask me about PG! As John McVie said, "I'm 'petered out' on the subject."
Sorry, but that is the case for me, too. Whether it is ego or not on my part, I don't really care. I understand your and many other's interest in this subject, but after almost forty years of being quizzed on PG, I am burned out! Ask me about me and the other FM guys with whom I am acquainted and I am more than happy to answer. (Maybe I won't be getting so many questions in that case! )
Jeremy.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default I would say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Jeremy, what what do you most miss of the band or those days?

...playing with them largely as good musicians and their company as friends.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
What makes you ask this question, Viv? Do you suspect something? And if so, who would it have been? Understand that I don't mean this badly, I think your question is valid coming from someone who would be curious, and I certainly don't take any offence.
Jeremy.
Interestingly enough tonight as I was folding my laundry I was thinking about this question I had asked you and was wondering why you were not answering me and at the same time I was thinking it, you were asking ME a question. How cool huh?

I would guess that it was Mick you were angry with or maybe Christine. It just never made any sense to me that you would just vanish on them like you did.

I had a boyfriend once who was always saying he was gonna commit suicide. He always said he would do it on the front lawn of his fathers house. You see he was really always angry with his dad for reasons one cannot fathom. He wanted to punish his father, but who really loses in a situation like that?

Thank you for saying I did not offend you with my question as I was beginning to think I did because you never answered me. You answered my question with a question. Any chance you want to answer my original question now?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, this is for the record for all concerned pre-Rumours ledgies!
Like Muddy Waters said: "You can ask me any question you like , just don't ask me what I think about the Rolling Stones."
And like Scotty Moore said (guitarist with Elvis in the early days) 'Don't ask me about Elvis'!"
Or even Joanne Woodward: "Don't ask me: 'What is it like to live with Paul Newman?"
Same here: "Don't ask me about PG! As John McVie said, "I'm 'petered out' on the subject."
Sorry, but that is the case for me, too. Whether it is ego or not on my part, I don't really care. I understand your and many other's interest in this subject, but after almost forty years of being quizzed on PG, I am burned out! Ask me about me and the other FM guys with whom I am acquainted and I am more than happy to answer. (Maybe I won't be getting so many questions in that case! )
Jeremy.

I sorry if I asked you the 20,000th question. I regret the question. I crossed "the line" and I was wrong, yet I didn't know how wrong I was until now. I'll go back to listening to my Beatles' remasters. BTW I think Joanne Woodward loved to live with Paul Newman since she did until he passed away! Scotty Moore directly influenced every guitar player through George Harrison, and beyond. I'm probably sure Muddy Waters resented the Rolling Stones. Though his backing band loved to watch your band with that certain person onstage!

Here is my real question: How are you?

Last edited by slipkid; 09-15-2009 at 12:14 AM..
Old 09-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Jeremy - here's a question for you. One thing that strikes me when I listen to recordings of your live performances - from back in your Fleetwood Mac days to more recently, you always sound like you're having a great time onstage (and I hope I'm right about that!). Is there any one of your live performances from over the years that stands out as being the most memorable or your favorite?
Old 09-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up I'm fine, Slipkid, tx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I sorry if I asked you the 20,000th question. I regret the question. I crossed "the line" and I was wrong, yet I didn't know how wrong I was until now. I'll go back to listening to my Beatles' remasters. BTW I think Joanne Woodward loved to live with Paul Newman since she did until he passed away! Scotty Moore directly influenced every guitar player through George Harrison, and beyond. I'm probably sure Muddy Waters resented the Rolling Stones. Though his backing band loved to watch your band with that certain person onstage!

Here is my real question: How are you?
On the Joanne Woodward thing, Of course she loved living with him, a beautiful example of sticking together. But I recently read a very interesting Writers' Handbook article on giving interviews in which this woman said that she had snagged one of the rarest and most in depth, candid interviews with Joanne Woodward because she didn't pop the 20,000th question!
Anyway, how are you?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On the Joanne Woodward thing, Of course she loved living with him, a beautiful example of sticking together. But I recently read a very interesting Writers' Handbook article on giving interviews in which this woman said that she had snagged one of the rarest and most in depth, candid interviews with Joanne Woodward because she didn't pop the 20,000th question!
Anyway, how are you?
No, they didn't like talking about each other or their private lives, in general. Even the most innocuous comments could become invasive left to the press, so it was better for them to make as few as possible. I remember once Newman was talking about fidelity and said why go out for hamburger when you've got steak at home. They asked Woodward for her response and she said she didn't like being compared to meat, favorably or unfavorably. Period.

Additionally, the media is never satisfied and likes to tread most in the very areas that should be honored as off limits (i.e. Scott Newman's death). So, don't give an inch, if you aren't ready to lose a foot.

Michele
Old 09-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Ledgie

Default Hi Jeremy

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to answer questions on this site, your contibutions are always interesting and informative.

My question is regarding the "Vaudville" portion of your performances, when you would wear the gold suit, etc.. Do you know if any of those performances were filmed? Mick Fleetwood once mentioned that it was a shame that very little film of the Earl Vincent style shows has ever surfaced. I am sure that many would like to have been there to see you rockin the house the way you could, but with the lack of film from this period, we can only imagine.

Best Regards,

Evan
Old 09-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default here is another one

Dear Jeremy

Regarding "Stranger Blues"

I really like your presentation of this song. What was your influence for this one. I have seen Brownie and Sonny doing it and I like the way they do it but you seem to take it in a slightly different direction. Who inspired you for your version?

vinnie c