The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2006 Lindsey Tour/2007 Mac Tour( How Will It Work...Will It Happen)

We know that Lindsey's confirmed for a tour in October...so what's that like 35 shows...if Mac tours in 07 when will they open, in May? Who thinks it will happen? New album for the tour, Rumours Anniversary or Farwell? Discuss...
Old 08-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
We know that Lindsey's confirmed for a tour in October...so what's that like 35 shows...if Mac tours in 07 when will they open, in May? Who thinks it will happen? New album for the tour, Rumours Anniversary or Farwell? Discuss...
I still believe there wont be a new whole album. But perhaps if the 40th anniversary box set materializes, maybe 5 or 6 new ones. I think Lindsey will end up doing about 15-20 shows. That's my guess. As far as FLeetwood Mac next year, there's no way it will be as long as the SYW tour. I'm thinking somewhere between 40-50 U.S dates. Maybe Europe.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since Fleetwood Mac's first gig in 1967 was in August, I'd say, late summer 2007 will be when the FMac tour will start. Stevie still needs to add her vocals to Lindsey's supposed "second rockin' album", so it can morph into the next Fleetwood Mac album.

Quote:
New album for the tour, Rumours Anniversary or Farwell? Discuss...
Well, I'm hoping for a new album...that includes guest appearances from past members, as well. (since Mick's playing with Billy & Rick, has patched things up with Bob Welch, plus a couple of sessions with Peter & Jeremy, add some Christine vocal & keyboard tracks via modems, too; I see it happening)

Isn't EVERY tour a "Rumours anniversary tour"?

I think it is safe to say that the 40th anniversary will mark the swan-song of the band. It has been a good long run.

Last edited by chiliD; 08-23-2006 at 02:49 PM..
Old 08-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Since Fleetwood Mac's first gig in 1967 was in August, I'd say, late summer 2007 will be when the FMac tour will start. Stevie still needs to add her vocals to Lindsey's supposed "second rockin' album", so it can morph into the next Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hadnt thought of that! I mean the August thing. DOes the 50 dates sound about right to you Steve?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I still believe there wont be a new whole album. But perhaps if the 40th anniversary box set materializes, maybe 5 or 6 new ones. I think Lindsey will end up doing about 15-20 shows. That's my guess. As far as FLeetwood Mac next year, there's no way it will be as long as the SYW tour. I'm thinking somewhere between 40-50 U.S dates. Maybe Europe.
I can see them doing like 90 shows in total...including Europe and Australia...

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 08-23-2006 at 02:52 PM..
Old 08-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can see them doing like 90 shows in total...
Really? Well I guess that could happen. Do you see them going overseas again. I hope they do for the other fans, but I have a feeling the SYW tour going overseas was a one off deal.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really? Well I guess that could happen. Do you see them going overseas again. I hope they do for the other fans, but I have a feeling the SYW tour going overseas was a one off deal.
Dave, you never know what they're going to do...they might kick off the tour in Europe...but I think that they'll do a lot of shows...honestly
Old 08-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dave, you never know what they're going to do...they might kick off the tour in Europe...but I think that they'll do a lot of shows...honestly
Well, hopefully youre right. I just have a feeling they sort of oversaturated the market on SYW.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just to add...I'm almost positive that they'll do a BuckinghamNicks Song...
Old 08-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Depends. If they "just tour", yeah, about 90-150 dates. If they start promoting the whole 40th Anniversary thing and decide it is the "Farewell Tour", it could last for four years (like the Eagles' & Cher's "farewells").
Old 08-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Depends. If they "just tour", yeah, about 90-150 dates. If they start promoting the whole 40th Anniversary thing and decide it is the "Farewell Tour", it could last for four years (like the Eagles' & Cher's "farewells").
God bless Cher, but I hope to god it isnt that long! Wouldnt it be interesting if the first show of the tour next year was August 13th?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
God bless Cher, but I hope to god it isnt that long! Wouldnt it be interesting if the first show of the tour next year was August 13th?

In London, as well.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In London, as well.
And of course it would only be appropriate if Peter sang the first song.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And of course it would only be appropriate if Peter sang the first song.
No...Jeremy. Singing Elmore James' "Talk To Me" (aka, "Telephone Blues" or "I Can't Hold Out"). That was the first song they played that day.