User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
This is a tough read as it confirms the band has been lying. They are all to blame. I doubt Stevie’s issue was just Lindsey’s smirking or comments about opening music. That wouldn’t be enough for her to never want to be on stage with him again. However, none of this should have happened. It all should have worked out. The other band members should have insisted.

I can’t believe these people communicate by email. Lindsey should be able to call Mick, who should answer the ****ing phone.
The lying is what really torques me. Remember when you were a kid and your parents warned you not to play basketball in the house? But you did it anyway and broke a lamp. Then your parents tell you if you lie about how the lamp got broken the punishment will be worse. They knew you were playing with a basketball in the house. You knew they knew about the basketball. They gave you the chance to own up to it and NOT LIE. I don't know about your parents but if I was caught lying to my parents face they put the hammer down. I hate lying---I hate the whole situation with this band.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I suppose it could be a factor, although Lindsey doesn't seem to think it was a major one.

Still, they exploded and were plenty annoyed over what? Lindsey's presumption at making such a request? His unhappiness that he was not granted a few months, a fact which he had accepted (note there is no "refusal to tour" as the band claimed)? Neither of those seem like "firing offenses" to me.

If indeed Stevie was offended that Lindsey presumed to ask for something she had been granted, if indeed Stevie was resentful that Lindsey did not put on a happy face after she had shot him down, if indeed she was angered that he did not say "Yes, Stevie" with enough alacrity, if indeed those scenarios were what primed her to demand he be fired... then that's not much more reasonable than getting set off by a smirk.

I do agree that Stevie must have been thinking about doing this for a while, though. She already had Mike Campbell in her back pocket. Perhaps that's why this all appears so petty (no pun intended). She had to find a reason so she could blame him for his "ouster," but he didn't give her much to work with.

What ticks me off more than anything is the outright lie that he wanted to delay the tour for a year, and saying that was why he was fired.

I hate liars.
yep, and this is the ONLY connection between Tom's death and her actions. She's not in some fog of grief over his death which has made her unaware of what she's doing.
Her grief over Tom and her actions are totally separate.
The cold, calculating side of her ("I'm a Gemini") saw that his death opened up a perfect chance to bring in Mike. She wants a guitarist to write music for her and not talk back, and now she's got one. Even Waddy got fed up and stopped working with her for like a decade. Mike isn't there yet; she's already steamrolled over him about Free Fallin'. I mean, here's her supposed friend, who said he was sick of doing that song and all, as he's grieving his buddy who sang it, and does she act caring and understanding?? No. Rather, she says but it'll make such a great "moment" live (i.e., play to the crowd) and so they're doing it.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
This is a tough read as it confirms the band has been lying. They are all to blame. I doubt Stevie’s issue was just Lindsey’s smirking or comments about opening music. That wouldn’t be enough for her to never want to be on stage with him again. However, none of this should have happened. It all should have worked out. The other band members should have insisted.

I can’t believe these people communicate by email. Lindsey should be able to call Mick, who should answer the ****ing phone.
I agree with this statement. I think since this is Lindsey's take on what happened. The reader should understand that Stevie's experience is what finally made her say, "I've had enough" - it wasn't just the smirking or the comments on that night, it's been a collective experience of which we are not privy to. Through Lindsey's own perspective, like it or not, all parties involved are at fault.

The lack of communication between people who have such a legacy is baffling.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I agree with this statement. I think since this is Lindsey's take on what happened. The reader should understand that Stevie's experience is what finally made her say, "I've had enough" - it wasn't just the smirking or the comments on that night, it's been a collective experience of which we are not privy to. Through Lindsey's own perspective, like it or not, all parties involved are at fault.

A sad and disgraceful end to a legendary band.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post

You are absolutely correct. I couldn't agree more. There are many people at fault here.

As evidenced by prior posts, I've never been one to blindly defend Stevie Nicks. However, there are several amateur shot audience videos from Music Cares that show the entire band making fun of Stevie behind her back as she gives a never-ending acceptance speech (even in the minutes leading up to the "Mick and Chris Waltz").

For example, fast foward this video to the 4:25 minute mark and watch for about 20 seconds. It clearly shows the entire band laughing at Stevie, even Christine McVie begins checking her watch. These actions lead up to Mick and Chris waltzing to lampoon Stevie's speech. All of this behavior is carried on in front of an audience of thousands--including the national press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM_Wonk4CNM

My problem with this is that:

1) Lindsey does not appear to be the ONLY one smirking at Stevie's behavior behind her back--why should ONLY HE be chastised?

2) The truth is, these people obviously have very little respect for Stevie. Sure, I know the woman can talk forever, but they could at least cut out their s**t for a national audience. What a clown outfit. I'm supposed to shell out $600 a tour for this crap? No thanks. #toxicbehavior
Old 10-10-2018, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I tried to watch the video, but I can't stand to look at her or listen to her right now.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ultimately Fleetwood Mac is Mick's band and this situation has reaffirmed that he is both ball-less and spineless. Look at how Bob Welch was treated. Mick himself stated that Bob "saved Fleetwood Mac". Without him, who knows if Fleetwood Mac survives all the way to Lindsey and Stevie joining, much less moving from England to Los Angeles. Mick couldn't even be bothered to make a stand on Bob's behalf when it came to the band being included into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. Of all the members that were left off (they all should have been inducted but that's another story for another day), Bob unquestionably deserved to go in there with Peter, Jeremy, Danny, Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey and Stevie.

Look at how Billy, Rick and Bekka have been regarded by Mick. Whether you feel they should or shouldn't have been in Fleetwood Mac, the fact is they WERE in the band yet Mick has always treated the period between Lindsey leaving and rejoining as though it were a dark period in the band's history. There are a LOT of stories they could tell about their time recording and touring with the band that we'll never know which speaks volumes to their character.

This ultimatum that was made by Stevie was Mick's last chance to make a stand but of course he didn't. He doesn't have it him to take a stand for what's right. It's a sad thread that is intertwined with Fleetwood Mac's legacy.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
You are absolutely correct. I couldn't agree more. There are many people at fault here.

As evidenced by prior posts, I've never been one to blindly defend Stevie Nicks. However, there are several amateur shot audience videos from Music Cares that show the entire band making fun of Stevie behind her back as she gives a never-ending acceptance speech (even in the minutes leading up to the "Mick and Chris Waltz").

For example, fast foward this video to the 4:25 minute mark and watch for about 20 seconds. It clearly shows the entire band laughing at Stevie, even Christine McVie begins checking her watch. These actions lead up to Mick and Chris waltzing to lampoon Stevie's speech. All of this behavior is carried on in front of an audience of thousands--including the national press.

My problem with this is that:

1) Lindsey does not appear to be the ONLY one smirking at Stevie's behavior behind her back--why should ONLY HE be chastised?

2) The truth is, these people obviously have very little respect for Stevie. Sure, I know the woman can talk forever, but they could at least cut out their s**t for a national audience. What a clown outfit. I'm supposed to shell out $600 a tour for this crap? No thanks. #toxicbehavior
Well....making your bandmates stand around while you go on a 15 minute story time for 120 shows...that's some self absorbed disrespectful behavior too.

Also...everyone else in the band at Music Cares had their speech down to a sensible length. Not Stevie, she had to exploit Tom's death to relate back to her and make sure she had the longest ramble in the entire room. Disrespectful.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Ultimately Fleetwood Mac is Mick's band and this situation has reaffirmed that he is both ball-less and spineless. Look at how Bob Welch was treated. Mick himself stated that Bob "saved Fleetwood Mac". Without him, who knows if Fleetwood Mac survives all the way to Lindsey and Stevie joining, much less moving from England to Los Angeles. Mick couldn't even be bothered to make a stand on Bob's behalf when it came to the band being included into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. Of all the members that were left off (they all should have been inducted but that's another story for another day), Bob unquestionably deserved to go in there with Peter, Jeremy, Danny, Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey and Stevie.

Look at how Billy, Rick and Bekka have been regarded by Mick. Whether you feel they should or shouldn't have been in Fleetwood Mac, the fact is they WERE in the band yet Mick has always treated the period between Lindsey leaving and rejoining as though it were a dark period in the band's history. There are a LOT of stories they could tell about their time recording and touring with the band that we'll never know which speaks volumes to their character.

This ultimatum that was made by Stevie was Mick's last chance to make a stand but of course he didn't. He doesn't have it him to take a stand for what's right. It's a sad thread that is intertwined with Fleetwood Mac's legacy.
Mick's mind is on the money. Stevie threatened to quit rather than work with Lindsey. A Stevie-less Fleetwood Mac would play smaller venues. A Lindsey-less Fleetwood Mac can still play arenas. The decision is solely cash based. Love her or hate her, Stevie Nicks fill seats.

The irony is that this band smirks and makes fun of Stevie Nicks behind her back because they believe her to be shallow and talentless. Members of Fleetwood Mac are bitter because they consider themselves solid talented musicians, and the ditzy blonde with the tambourine has ALWAYS stolen the show just by twirling. None of their artistic solo projects have come close to nutty Stevie's success. They only way they can process this is by lampooning her behind her back--it's a running joke with these toxic people. It's all evidenced in this amateur shot video from Music Cares 2018, just fast forward to the 4:25 mark.

They are laughing at Stevie's long winded speech, Christine begins to sarcastically check her watch, Lindsey and Chris share insults, Lindsey begins making hand gestures, and then Mick and Christine begin to WALTZ. Stevie may be a self indulgent mess, but the only assholes here are Christine, Mick, and Lindsey. Then, they turn around and FIRE Lindsey because of HIS behavior. Seriously? What a joke.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Mick's mind is on the money. Stevie threatened to quit rather than work with Lindsey. A Stevie-less Fleetwood Mac would play smaller venues. A Lindsey-less Fleetwood Mac can still play arenas. The decision is solely cash based. Love her or hate her, Stevie Nicks fill seats.

The irony is that this band smirks and makes fun of Stevie Nicks behind her back because they believe her to be shallow and talentless. Members of Fleetwood Mac are bitter because they consider themselves solid talented musicians, and the ditzy blonde with the tambourine has ALWAYS stolen the show just by twirling. None of their artistic solo projects have come close to nutty Stevie's success. They only way they can process this is by lampooning her behind her back--it's a running joke with these toxic people. It's all evidenced in this amateur shot video from Music Cares 2018, just fast forward to the 4:25 mark.

They are laughing at Stevie's long winded speech, Christine begins to sarcastically check her watch, Lindsey and Chris share insults, Lindsey begins making hand gestures, and then Mick and Christine begin to WALTZ. Stevie may be a self indulgent mess, but the only assholes here are Christine, Mick, and Lindsey. Then, they turn around and FIRE Lindsey because of HIS behavior. Seriously? What a joke.
and as someone pointed out, since they were behind her, how would she have known what they were doing? Her minions would have had to run and tell her afterwards. Who else in this band surrounds themselves with minders, babysitters, and lackeys who are paid to protect the precious flower from anyone including her own bandmates getting near her and who report back to her like her own personal CIA. that's crazy, fantasyland rock star living.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There isn't enough detail about that late 2017 meeting at which Lindsey said he was stonewalled over a request to tour for four months. What happened? The firing had to have gathered steam and finally exploded over THAT, not the MusicCares nonsense. If anything, the MusicCares nonsense was emotional and political fallout of the earlier meeting. Stevie and maybe Mick went into MusicCares already plenty annoyed.

Nancy, thoughts?
not Nancy, but i'll give you my thoughts anyway.

so........ many fans talked to Lindsey at the end of BuckVie tour. this was mid-November 2017. he had plans at the time to release his solo album (Blue Light, new music, whatever it may be called) in march and start solo tour around April 2018. his solo tour would wrap up before the Mac tour which was supposed to start in summer 2018 (so maybe couple of months earlier than it actually did). after the Mac tour, he was going to release his Best of (ie Solo Anthology). something must have happened at the end of Nov when LB went back and talked to Rhino, and plans have changed, with best Of coming out first. this must have messed up his spring solo touring plans (maybe new music album was done while he had to yet start working on the Best of? not sure). i guess he had to push solo tour plans from spring to summer 2018.

i suspect that's when he went back to FM and asked whether they can start FM 2018 tour in Oct-Nov instead of Jul-Aug 2018. that actually fits with SN saying in CBS interview that in Nov of 2017 he asked them to push back / start Mac tour in Nov 2018 instead of in the summer of 2018. sounds like they said firm NO! (interesting that now, without Lindsey, it was completely fine and dandy to start that Mac tour in Oct 2018.) i think there has been stonewalling since that Nov meeting and SN (and maybe Mick?) may have just been waiting to find some excuse to get him out in the next 2 months. and stonewalling and Mick / band not wanting to discuss the best way forward with parallel solo / Mac tours was why Lindsey was behaving so off at the MusiCares red carpet. so they came up with messing up FM big triumphant entrance at MusiCares. then they had everything they needed. Mgmt must have been in on it since Nov. note that Azoff was nominally Lindsey's manager at the time he called him, paid by Lindsey. he was supposed to look for Lindsey's best interest.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To be fair Stevie is getting old and old people (especially women) have a tendency to go on and on and on and on......