User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Lets get real. This set will be the same as Unleashed minus I Know I'm Not Wrong, Storms, Monday Morning, Say You Love Me, and Oh Well. We know Soliders Angel is going in there, so that gives us 4 slots to play with.
i don't want to get real and pessimistic from the get go. i want to push that bunch of old conservative millionaires who are going around saying how they'll give us all these surprises. they better deliver SOMETHING.

if we are all resigned from the get-go then sure, why wouldn't they just roll with those lowered expectations.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Bah. You would! They were trying to emulate Songbird. I thought it was beautiful. Very moving.
Would you believe I don't think Songbird is a good closer either? I don't want to leave a show depressed.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
Those first 7 are a must do. I agree that they must do some hits in order for the casual fans to enjoy the show, but I wish that they would willing mix uo the set a bit. Do the must dos(roughly 13 songs) and then 9 or 10 fan picked ones.
agree!

except i wish fans would be a bit more adventurous in their picks than what i've been reading around here.

if you can fill 2-3 LB deep cuts and 2-3 SN deep cuts then let's go people, let's propose some interesting songs to fill these slots!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Would you believe I don't think Songbird is a good closer either? I don't want to leave a show depressed.
Stevie thinks you need to calm down at the end. I sort of agree. But it doesn't make me depressed, even though I get your point.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Crystal is more up beat than Goodbye Baby.
Quote:
I think Goodbye Baby is a horrible closer too.
they always like to depress you right before leaving the show, i've noticed. nothing you can do to fix this at this point probably. LB does the same thing at solo shows. i learned to live with it.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no no no no no! no acoustic SWS. if he does SWS, it needs to be an electric version!

also... besides The Chain, Don't Stop and new songs, you got 12 SN and 8 LB songs in your set. i don't think (i sure hope not!) they'd go for unbalanced set like that - maybe 1 song off, but not 4.

thanks for playing!
Unleashed set by writer:

LB- 9
SN - 9
CM - 2
LB/CM - 1
FM - 1
PG - 1
Old 02-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
agree!

except i wish fans would be a bit more adventurous in their picks than what i've been reading around here.

if you can fill 2-3 LB deep cuts and 2-3 SN deep cuts then let's go people, let's propose some interesting songs to fill these slots!
Challenge accepted!

Lindsey:

The Ledge
Caroline
Can't Go Back

Stevie:

Sisters of the Moon
Running Through the Garden
Angel
Old 02-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
they always like to depress you right before leaving the show, i've noticed. nothing you can do to fix this at this point probably. LB does the same thing at solo shows. i learned to live with it.
I wasn't a big fan of SWS closing OMS either. Although Don't Stop isn't anywhere near one of my favorites, I think it makes a great closer.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
agree!

Adventurous is great - but it's not realistic.

Quote:
i don't want to get real and pessimistic from the get go. i want to push that bunch of old conservative millionaires who are going around saying how they'll give us all these surprises. they better deliver SOMETHING.

if we are all resigned from the get-go then sure, why wouldn't they just roll with those lowered expectations.
Because everybody's been a fan for a long time & know what to expect. I believe they will deliver, but it will be one or two surprises/changes. I remember in 2009 how we all let out a collective gasp at Storms being played live. It made it so special- and that's what they will go for. The subtle tweaks for the diehards, the mother set for the majority of the ticket holders. They are playing for those people - not us.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Unleashed set by writer:

LB- 9
SN - 9
CM - 2
LB/CM - 1
FM - 1
PG - 1
thanks! this means that 12 vs 8 will not work.

in the most optimistic case we have spaces for 2-3 deep cuts from each of the 2 songwriters, a BN song, 3 new songs, and 2 solo songs. unless they do a song from a pre-rumours era.

we already have polls for solo song selection... and we had numerous discussion and polls about which BN song they might play. i'd need to go back and re-check but if i remember correctly people voted Frozen Love overwhelmingly.

so we should probably start by playing with ideas for 2-3 deep cuts from SN and 2-3 deep cuts from LB?

Old 02-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking my dream set list

The Chain
ISA
GYOW
Gold Dust Woman
BN song
7 Wonders
Gypsy
Soldiers Angel(sn)
Street of Dreams(lb)
Tusk
Silver Springs
BN Song
World Turning(No Mick solo)
Oh Well
Blue Letter
Peacekeeper
Not That Funny(solo time)
any other must do songs
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^Trust me it's FL.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Challenge accepted!

Lindsey:

The Ledge
Caroline
Can't Go Back

Stevie:

Sisters of the Moon
Running Through the Garden
Angel
nice!

see that's what i'm talking about, deep cuts people!

personally i don't want to hear Caroline or RTTG, but nice interesting choices nevertheless!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably a better shot at that though than discussing a set list with Christine. No harm in putting some ideas in their heads if they have interns trolling the boards here.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Because everybody's been a fan for a long time & know what to expect. I believe they will deliver, but it will be one or two surprises/changes. I remember in 2009 how we all let out a collective gasp at Storms being played live. It made it so special- and that's what they will go for. The subtle tweaks for the diehards, the mother set for the majority of the ticket holders. They are playing for those people - not us.
debbie downer!

i agree they are playing for general audience - and they keep saying 12 hits, we gave them even 13 on our lists (we are so generous ). that's for general audience. general audiences never expect to know every. single. song.

2 surprise changes is not what i call delivering. it's a freaking letdown.

both Stevie and Lindsey were more adventurous than that on their most recent solo tours, so why wouldn't that carry over?