The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Ledgie

everyone keeps talking about an album being recorded with Christine and touring without her
wouldn't that hinder the tour and set list options, especially if trying to promote an album with Christine on
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLN1 View Post
everyone keeps talking about an album being recorded with Christine and touring without her
wouldn't that hinder the tour and set list options, especially if trying to promote an album with Christine on
They can just not play her songs.

I'd rather have her on an album than not have her on an album, regardless of the touring situation.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

I'd rather have her on an album than not have her on an album, regardless of the touring situation.
Hear, hear!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They (the band) used that excuse with Say You Will and not having Chris have songs on the album. "What if she had the hit single" I believe was tossed around by Lindsey and/or Stevie. To that, I say, that bloom is off the rose. I don't think anyone has to worry about a hit single from any Mac album these days. I highly doubt any album would be driving ticket sales for the tour in 2013. If they can get Chris to record, then it's easy, just avoid her songs in the show. I would much rather have album Chris then no Chris at all!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm trying to envision what lies ahead for Christine: an 11 hour flight, with Mick holding her hand the entire time. Is that comforting? And even if it is, I'm not sure it's an adequate substitute for the liquor she used to have on hand in the past.
I'm betting on Xanax.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That would have been the case if they had toured behind the "Time" record.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-02-2013, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm trying to envision what lies ahead for Christine: an 11 hour flight, with Mick holding her hand the entire time. Is that comforting? And even if it is, I'm not sure it's an adequate substitute for the liquor she used to have on hand in the past.

Michele
This made me smile!

Poor Christine. She should take a very heavy sedative. I'd prefer that to 11 hours of Mick, god bless him, cutting my circulation off in First Class.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree. GIVE ME AN ALBUM!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

If they do Crystal... I will have a new huge respect for John McVie. I reaaaaaaallly hope they play Crystal.
Songs I would like them to play:
Crystal (haha)
Warm Ways (only if Chris tours)
Station Man- oh how i love that song, especially with stevie and lindsey
That's Alright
Oh Daddy- once again, only if Chris joins
Doesn't Anything Last
Smile at You
Little Lies- again, only if Chris is there
Think About Me- sorry, Chris again
Storms
I know I'm not wrong
Never Forget- Chris again
Love in Store- Chris and Stevie's harmonizing is amazing on that
Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
If Christine were on board for an album, Stevie wouldn't want to back out. She'd be there at 5am every morning, with coffee brewing in their trusty Bunn, raring to go.
you know it!

Quote:
So true.

While I'd LOVE to see Chris tour again... I'd rather her be involved at all than scared off because they pushed too hard.

So if I were FM, this would be my gameplan:

- Get on Christine's good side, get her all buttered up and try to convince her to record with FM for one last time. (don't harass about tour, but make sure she knows you would love to have her and then let that be the end of it)
- Tour as the 4some as planned.
- Final studio LP with Chris involved if they have succeeded in the first step
- Do one last filmed concert (with Christine playing) and release that alongside the album.
Meanwhile, if they screw up & miss this prime opportunity that Dave Grohl has just handed them on a silver platter, to market the 40th anniv. of BN with a proper release / live show / even a doc - I will be so mad.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
you know it!

Meanwhile, if they screw up & miss this prime opportunity that Dave Grohl has just handed them on a silver platter, to market the 40th anniv. of BN with a proper release / live show / even a doc - I will be so mad.
Surely they'll do something. SOMETHING.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Ledgie

I think all this talk about Christine coming back is so premature. I seriously doubt it will happen (even though it would be a dream come true if she did). Reminds me of all that talk about Sheyl Crow joining (although that was not a dream) a few years back.

I totally agree with someone's comment about prefering to see seeing Christine on a new Fmac album than joining them for some dates on this tour. What's all this BS about not wanting her to record if she's not going to hit the road with them to support it? I recently heard John say this and one of the others said it earlier too (don't remember if it was Lindsey or Mick).

Lastly, I think it's funny how someone will make a comment and change the perception of the real story. I could see how Mick's comment about Crystal could give a new fan the idea that it was that song, and not Frozen Love, that convinced Mick that he wanted That guitar player.

Reminds me of how so many people believe, including Lindsey, that that infamous 1974 call from Mick went directly to the couple. Lindsey often says "they asked me to join but I said you no. Not unless you take both of us" (I'm paraphrasing here). That didn't happen. Mick called Keith Olsen and Keith told Mick that they're a packaged deal. Then Keith called the couple and told them Fleetwood Mac wants BOTH of you to join.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It's just Mick's pipe dream. He publicly expresses his thoughts and the press and fans go nuts with overblown reactions. It's not going to happen. Sure, Christine might socially meet with her former band members, but she is retired from the music entertainment business. People - get over it! The title of this thread is dubious and very misleading.
I see what you're saying, however, this is really a strange coincidence that she is traveling to the United States after all of this time just to "visit" Mick and the gang. If it were any other time, I would agree, but people do change over time. Why is she coming to the U.S. now? Anything is possible.. fingers crossed.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Retirement or not, I don't think at least a guest appearance is out of the question. Now if they could talk her into participating in a new album, that would be truly something to look forward to. A new album with her full participation, I think would actually sell, and sell quite well.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I see what you're saying, however, this is really a strange coincidence that she is traveling to the United States after all of this time just to "visit" Mick and the gang. If it were any other time, I would agree, but people do change over time. Why is she coming to the U.S. now? Anything is possible.. fingers crossed.
She's probably bored out of her gored.