Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default The real Drummer = Mick Fleetwood

Ok, Aaron Eckhart is going to play in a new movie Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys their drummer. Yes, Dennis sang a few songs, however what about Mick Fleetwood? True Mick didn't sing songs, but if there's going to be a movie about Fleetwood Mac what about Mick and John (aside from Peter Green) founders of the of FM rhythm section? What do you call him....Fiddle sticks?? Two sticks and a Drum?? Vera Farmiga will play Christine of Fleetwood Mac, and she was the major singer (besides Lndsey and Stevie). But you got to ask yourself, if Chris agreed to the "The Drummer" she will, I belive, be a single positive vote for a Fleetwood Mac movie.

Rumours, in of itself should be the name of their movie! That's got everything you want in a movie.

The Fleetwood Mac story has got to come out, however, I'm afraid you got to die to before a movie is made.

Last edited by ironman_01701; 01-31-2012 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Based on the prior history (dvd, documentaries, books), I'm sure Mick would be more than glad to see a movie about Fleetwood Mac. Whatever the reasons (money, keeping alive the legend), anyway he will support and probably impulse the idea of making the movie.

But I think he is the only member who supports the idea. According to Bob Brunning's book:

(after Behind the Mask)
Why did Stevie and Christine decide to leave the band? Certainly they felt outraged at Mick's revelations contained in his autobiography published in 1990.

I guess the rest of the band would be less than enthusiastic too.

If the movie is focused mainly on Mick's life, it would probably be called Two sticks and a Drum. If it's about the whole band, Rumours would be cool but too risky (it would be focused on that album I'm sure, and again we will not see enough about Tusk, Tango, etc.)

A 90 or 120 minutes movie wouldn't be enough. Not even a long movie as Gone with the Wind or Ben-Hur
I guess a TV miniserie woud be the only way to cover the whole story, from Peter Green Days to the Unleashed tour (or even just to The Dance).

By the way, why we are talking about this in Christine forum??
Old 01-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^Because there's a movie being made about Dennis Wilson, with Chris being portrayed.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
^^^Because there's a movie being made about Dennis Wilson, with Chris being portrayed.
And there's a thread about that. But I understood this thread is about Mick, not Chris