Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy I don't get it

Hatfield's Death Said Caused by Cocaine

KALAMAZOO, Mich. - Righteous Brothers singer Bobby Hatfield's death in November was caused by cocaine and not just heart failure, according to the official autopsy report.

Dr. Richard Tooker, chief medical examiner for Kalamazoo County, told the Kalamazoo Gazette in Tuesday's editions that Hatfield's death was triggered by acute cocaine intoxication.

Hatfield, 63, died Nov. 5 just hours before a Righteous Brothers concert. He and his partner, Bill Medley, had hits like "Unchained Melody," and "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling."

"This is a shock to me," Medley told The Orange County (Calif.) Register from his Newport Beach, Calif., home. "I never saw him (use cocaine). I knew absolutely nothing about it. If I had known, I would have said something to him."

An initial autopsy found Hatfield had advanced coronary disease. A heart attack due to the disease was listed on Hatfield's death certificate.

However, Tooker said a final cause of death was not determined until after toxicology reports were completed. The death certificate will be changed to reflect cocaine as the cause of death, he said.

Tooker's office received the report of cocaine intoxication on Dec. 24, but he asked for the information to be released after the holidays out of respect to Hatfield's family.

Messages left Tuesday with Tooker and the William Morris Agency, which represents the Righteous Brothers, were not returned.

Okay, I don't get it. 63 years old and STILL using cocaine. How awful.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes this is so sad. Another wasted life. His poor family.
When will people wake-up. In this day and age there is no
need for this.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of "waking up", get off your high-horses. Cocaine use is STILL as rampant as ever, just not as publicly acknowledged.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I don't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
[B]
Okay, I don't get it. 63 years old and STILL using cocaine. How awful.
My Uncle is 60+ and he was sentenced for possession & intent to distribute cocaine. He has had a major drug problem since I was born in 1970 (And apparently from what my Mother says he still does)...So people above 60+ having & using cocaine is no surprise to me.

Kind of an interesting side-note is that my Uncle is/was friends with Joe Walsh, Gregg Allman & various members of the original version of the band Kansas. I used to have my Uncle's "picturebooks" (He is a very talent artist...When he isnt abusing drugs, Which sounds like a few people in my family) when he was in jail back in the early 80's, which had a very large amount of musicians that he knew on a personal basis (He had the pictures to show for it) and I am very sure he also knew Stevie because I vaguely recall her in his books back then.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-13-2004, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Speaking of "waking up", get off your high-horses. Cocaine use is STILL as rampant as ever, just not as publicly acknowledged.
I see it as well. I personally know people that continue to do it, although none that have a major addiction (that I know of )

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller