User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Cool Drag queen impersonates Stevie and gets sent home

Last night on Rupaul's Drag Race All Stars was Diva Night. Rupaul assigned the queens Divas to impersonate. The queen that got Stevie loved Stevie but unlike the other divas Stevie is really hard to make funny and does not walk the stage dancing and singing. In the end they sent Stevie home. They made the other queens say funny lines. Its hard to make Stevie funny if you really want to keep the authentic character of Stevie.
Here is a sneak peak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntbJAnxhGOc
Old 02-02-2018, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Last night on Rupaul's Drag Race All Stars was Diva Night. Rupaul assigned the queens Divas to impersonate. The queen that got Stevie loved Stevie but unlike the other divas Stevie is really hard to make funny and does not walk the stage dancing and singing. In the end they sent Stevie home. They made the other queens say funny lines. Its hard to make Stevie funny if you really want to keep the authentic character of Stevie.
Here is a sneak peak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntbJAnxhGOc
Honestly the guy did a poor job of even trying to impersonate her. I think the look was pretty spot on but he was so whiny and complained about everything. He didn't do her justice. I loved it when he said Stevie wasnt a gay icon...and Ru Paul immediately corrected him. He deserved to go home.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Honestly the guy did a poor job of even trying to impersonate her. I think the look was pretty spot on but he was so whiny and complained about everything. He didn't do her justice. I loved it when he said Stevie wasnt a gay icon...and Ru Paul immediately corrected him. He deserved to go home.
You may call it whiny but I think it was the most difficult of all the divas. I think its fair and objective to point out Stevie is a different kind of diva than the rest of them. Stevie does not group dance like Janet Jackson or carry a cordless microphone dancing across the stage. So I think some handicapping of the impersonation is in order. I believe any other of the queens doing Stevie would have suffered the same fate.
Stevie may have been a gay icon but not like Diana Ross and the others. In the late 90's when A Night of a 1000 Stevie's came out, Stevie did not embrace the idea. Around the second or third event Stevie said it was "really scary."
So I get what the queen meant and tried to portray. In addition Stevie does her show not prancing the stage but in front of a wired microphone.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You may call it whiny but I think it was the most difficult of all the divas. I think its fair and objective to point out Stevie is a different kind of diva than the rest of them. Stevie does not group dance like Janet Jackson or carry a cordless microphone dancing across the stage. So I think some handicapping of the impersonation is in order. I believe any other of the queens doing Stevie would have suffered the same fate.
Stevie may have been a gay icon but not like Diana Ross and the others. In the late 90's when A Night of a 1000 Stevie's came out, Stevie did not embrace the idea. Around the second or third event Stevie said it was "really scary."
So I get what the queen meant and tried to portray. In addition Stevie does her show not prancing the stage but in front of a wired microphone.
I agree with this. She is definitely is not as easy to impersonate as some of these others. However, he said he was a fan so, in my opinion, he should have been a bit more enthusiastic. I could tell from the time they said he was going to impersonate her that he would be going home. They should have let them lip sync to a small clip of actual songs by those divas instead of whatever song that was they performed. Was that Ru Paul singing that song and trying to sound like each of these women?
Old 02-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with this. She is definitely is not as easy to impersonate as some of these others. However, he said he was a fan so, in my opinion, he should have been a bit more enthusiastic. I could tell from the time they said he was going to impersonate her that he would be going home. They should have let them lip sync to a small clip of actual songs by those divas instead of whatever song that was they performed. Was that Ru Paul singing that song and trying to sound like each of these women?
I don't know who was singing the songs. But some of the divas had an advantage because of comedy. The Mariah Carey diva was so funny because of what she was saying. Of course Stevie did not sound like Stevie and does not crack jokes.
They should have let them have total creativity and let them create their own video to whatever song they wanted instead of having someone tell them what to say. The Stevie joke at the end "I am dizzy" really was not funny at all.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

God, that Stevie drag queen was awful!! And she ends with "Ru, I'm dizzy". ? Blech!
Old 02-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess it depends on who's asking??