The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess when you're a self absorbed artist in your late sixties with nothing left to write about, have any family to ground you, or loved once to remind you of what matters...I guess all one can do is sit in a condo over Santa Monica beach and rehash decades old grudges and obsess about a relationship that ended 30 years ago.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I’m very much pro LB. with that said, asking to go on a solo tour is likely being scoffed at because Mic and Stevie probably consider his BuckVie venture a solo effort.

We also know that LB wanted it to be a full fledged FM album/tour...but when it became a BuckVie effort, did Mic want to tour and get paid and did LB shut him out. That might explain some disdain for being asked to push things back.
EXACTLY! That's Mick Fleetwood selective hearing for you. Sure 4/5th of us are going to make an album together but since stevie didn't come aboard, it counts as your solo album with special guests. Next time Stevie has an issue with your solo work, I will throw you under the bus. The bottom line is, something had to be manufactured to break up the love fest between them all minus stevie. It was starting to make her look bad. Buckingham McVie was a nail in her side and now we're paying for it.

She's like Nelly from lite house on the prairie.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
She has to hide her lack of creativity somehow.
You mean with In Your Dreams, 24 Karat Gold, an art exhibit, a documentary and touring several continents? Whew I don't know if I could look myself in the mirror if I was that lazy.
Yeah. You're right. Stevie didn't marry and have kids so she must live a lonely, unfulfilled life while pining away for her one true love - Joe Walsh!
Old 04-08-2018, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And when you take out all of the demos out of the mix, how much actual new material is there between all of it...
Old 04-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh and a documentary you manufacture about yourself doesn't count as creativity. That's called hiring a camera crew.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Fine. Stevie Nicks is a horrible human being and Lindsey Buckingham should be nominated for sainthood for putting up with her this long. Happy now? All this and we are no closer to knowing if any of this actually happened.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even if it's not true, I bet they are in no hurry to quell the rumours. This board is hopping again and they love the drama.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I know you're upset but Lindsey worked with Tom and Mike too. Someone posted elsewhere that Mike is far too talented to sit around doing nothing. I'm intrigued with what this incarnation is going to sound like. We might get some new music yet.
That's what's also weird about it. Lindsey and the Heartbreakers are friends. They've worked together in the past and were always complimentary of each other. Tom especially always spoke highly of Lindsey's work.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You mean with In Your Dreams, 24 Karat Gold, an art exhibit, a documentary and touring several continents? Whew I don't know if I could look myself in the mirror if I was that lazy.
Yeah. You're right. Stevie didn't marry and have kids so she must live a lonely, unfulfilled life while pining away for her one true love - Joe Walsh!
Nearly all of the material on those records are over a decade or two in origin. And only a small portion of it stacks up with her pre-dance material.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Regardless of what happens or what (if anything) is true about this, I always wondered, if Say You Will (album AND tour apparently) were so dreadful, why did she not just leave Fleetwood Mac in 2005? She was still under 60 and obviously still able to tour on her own and do her own thing under her own rules. I'll never understand why she kept torturing herself? I mean, other than the obvious $$ answer. She could never get from touring on her own what she would get as part of the Fleetwood Mac brand. But her whole attitude change after the Say You Will tour has turned me off to her so much. She's miserable about everything associated with the band.

I don't know what I find more annoying about being a fan of these people, the WEIRD af fans who obsess about the LB/SN relationship and the phoned in stage crap (here's looking at you people who squeal with joy when they hug or put weirdo comments on YouTube saying they are soulmates)...or the fact that Stevie (mostly, but sometimes Lindsey too) still carries grudges about a stupid relationship that ended over 40 years ago.

Either get on with your life or remove this person from your life once and for all - and if that last part is what is happening now, then I call BS on the fact that you didn't just leave 13 years ago.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fine. Stevie Nicks is a horrible human being and Lindsey Buckingham should be nominated for sainthood for putting up with her this long. Happy now? All this and we are no closer to knowing if any of this actually happened.
Very Stevie of you to turn it up to 1000 when someone refutes a point.

LB is no saint, but Stevie is still in 7th grade sometimes.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I guess when you're a self absorbed artist in your late sixties with nothing left to write about, have any family to ground you, or loved once to remind you of what matters...I guess all one can do is sit in a condo over Santa Monica beach and rehash decades old grudges and obsess about a relationship that ended 30 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
EXACTLY! That's Mick Fleetwood selective hearing for you. Sure 4/5th of us are going to make an album together but since stevie didn't come aboard, it counts as your solo album with special guests. Next time Stevie has an issue with your solo work, I will throw you under the bus. The bottom line is, something had to be manufactured to break up the love fest between them all minus stevie. It was starting to make her look bad. Buckingham McVie was a nail in her side and now we're paying for it.

She's like Nelly from lite house on the prairie.
No matter what Christine said, she was FURIOUS with BuckVie! She didn't want to do an album but she didn't want anybody to do it either.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Regardless of what happens or what (if anything) is true about this, I always wondered, if Say You Will (album AND tour apparently) were so dreadful, why did she not just leave Fleetwood Mac in 2005? She was still under 60 and obviously still able to tour on her own and do her own thing under her own rules. I'll never understand why she kept torturing herself? I mean, other than the obvious $$ answer. She could never get from touring on her own what she would get as part of the Fleetwood Mac brand. But her whole attitude change after the Say You Will tour has turned me off to her so much. She's miserable about everything associated with the band.

I don't know what I find more annoying about being a fan of these people, the WEIRD af fans who obsess about the LB/SN relationship and the phoned in stage crap (here's looking at you people who squeal with joy when they hug or put weirdo comments on YouTube saying they are soulmates)...or the fact that Stevie (mostly, but sometimes Lindsey too) still carries grudges about a stupid relationship that ended over 40 years ago.

Either get on with your life or remove this person from your life once and for all - and if that last part is what is happening now, then I call BS on the fact that you didn't just leave 13 years ago.
I think that if the fact that Lindsey asked to either delay the tour or work it around his solo project is true (which it really seems like is what happened, if this is all true), then that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Stevie probably flipped out and then Lindsey probably got madder and I can imagine it all going downhill from there.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know you're upset but nobody has said Lindsey's a saint. But if he was thrown out of the band by Mick and Stevie just because of some joke at Musicares and some solo tour dates, after 43 years of working with the band, it's totally unfair.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think that if the fact that Lindsey asked to either delay the tour or work it around his solo project is true (which it really seems like is what happened, if this is all true), then that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Stevie probably flipped out and then Lindsey probably got madder and I can imagine it all going downhill from there.
If they just reenacted that scene on stage nightly in lieu of a plodding Rhiannon and the 'evolved' Big Love, they could fill stadiums