User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2023, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
And he seems to have accepted that the FM part of things wouldn’t include new studio albums by the time they put out LB/CM, but by then Stevie was probably already of a mind to push him out.
And THAT'S her legacy for the band that kept her from being a waitress for the rest of her life. Firing the reason she was pathetically included into the band. And us not having a swan song from the band.

I'd 1000 times rather hang out with Bekka than the old goat.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And THAT'S her legacy for the band that kept her from being a waitress for the rest of her life. Firing the reason she was pathetically included into the band. And us not having a swan song from the band.

I'd 1000 times rather hang out with Bekka than the old goat.
I won’t forget being VERY angry when the rest of the band kept putting off releasing new music in order to wait for Stevie, who chose instead to serve herself with another tour. Worse: she showed no interest beyond the tour of making new music with them. I was pissed because, for a while there, it looked like whatever news music the four had made was shelved away indefinitely. That’s when I crossed over from ironic tolerance to active resentment. When the album finally surfaced and it was as good as the die-hards hoped, then we had to listen to Stevie fans say they felt, without her, the music was boring and, more bizarre, that the project was disrespectful to Stevie. Then came Show Them the Way….
Old 03-12-2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I won’t forget being VERY angry when the rest of the band kept putting off releasing new music in order to wait for Stevie, who chose instead to serve herself with another tour. Worse: she showed no interest beyond the tour of making new music with them. I was pissed because, for a while there, it looked like whatever news music the four had made was shelved away indefinitely. That’s when I crossed over from ironic tolerance to active resentment. When the album finally surfaced and it was as good as the die-hards hoped, then we had to listen to Stevie fans say they felt, without her, the music was boring and, more bizarre, that the project was disrespectful to Stevie. Then came Show Them the Way….

God, talk about ignorance. It's like following Trump camp. Just delusion in every aspect.
Old 03-12-2023, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
God, talk about ignorance. It's like following Trump camp. Just delusion in every aspect.
Perfect analogy. Her fans do follow her in exactly the same fashion. Blind idol worship.
Old 03-12-2023, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think somewhere buried in an old thread a few years ago I referred to her as the Donald Trump of Fleetwood Mac. There’s a lot of similarities and I’m not at all referring to anything to do with either of their politics.
Old 03-12-2023, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She didn’t understand their premise of course.
Old 03-12-2023, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t get the narrative that Bekka was keeping Stevie’s music alive while she got well, as if Stevie didn’t release a solo album and do a tour in 1994.

Anyway, she only did one Stevie song, compared to four of Christine’s, so she was really keeping Christine’s music alive.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-12-2023, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I think Bekka might have meant she was part of the 13th incarnation (she says entity) of Fleetwood Mac, which is arguably correct if you count the brief Peter-Christine-Danny-John-Mick touring group as a separate line-up after Jeremy left and before Bob Welch joined. Bekka has an amusing, endearing, and occasionally rather haphazard way of speaking, doesn't she? I wish she would drop by here, like Jeremy and Bob Welch used to do.
I think they consider the “Love Shines” band an official lineup. They recorded and released music and played one live set at the Super Bowl (Rick wasn’t a member of the band at that point and was just a guest).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-12-2023, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
She didn’t understand their premise of course.
I’ve always got a kick out of that statement, which sounds like a PR talking point given to her by management. There was nothing in the “premise” of the collaborative duet album that was complicated or inscrutable. But saying it is “makes it so.” Meanwhile, ten great new songs...
Old 03-12-2023, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’ve always got a kick out of that statement, which sounds like a PR talking point given to her by management. There was nothing in the “premise” of the collaborative duet album that was complicated or inscrutable. But saying it is “makes it so.” Meanwhile, ten great new songs...
Ten great new songs that weren’t diluted by three or four barely tolerable at best songs.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-12-2023, 08:16 PM

Quote:
No Game of Pretend to deal with!