User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Feeling a bit deflated. 18 months is a long time. Not that I am desperate for another tour but I can't see them releasing music without a tour on the horizon. It's looking like the album being released in the first part of 2017. 'Much to come in 2016' ...I can't really see what band-related stuff could happen this year apart from more 4-piece recording of an album that's already largely done.
Everytime there#s reason to be a bit excited about a snippet of information something else comes along and puts a damper on it.
i don''t know. 18 months seems almost too fast to me. yes, we expected they will tour in 2017 because of the Rumours anniversary. and it will probably be more fall/end of 2017 (just like LB said they will start OWTS tour in summer 2014, but they started it at the very end of September).

so before OWTS they had almost 9 months to work on the new album. everyone here kept saying that was not enough time for SN to join etc. so now they have double that time, and album mostly done. i wonder how long before everyone says that's not enough time for Stevie since she will want some solo projects etc etc.... and we -- again -- don't actually see that album?

so frankly, tour in 18 months if we actually get that album before that, and that tour is to support it, seems almost overly optimistic to me - considering Stevie's timelines with FM [non] commitments we've seen in the last few years.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don''t know. 18 months seems almost too fast to me. yes, we expected they will tour in 2017 because of the Rumours anniversary. and it will probably be more fall/end of 2017 (just like LB said they will start OWTS tour in summer 2014, but they started it at the very end of September).
18 months is too soon and it makes me feel a bit deflated like they are still more interested in the touring money than in making music. Because if they plan to tour in 18 months, I have to think that it's going to be a shortcut album. At this point, "EP" sounds like an expletive to me. I want a full album, fully fleshed out album.

Michele
Old 01-10-2016, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How low can you go?

If Say You Will is the bar that the new album
will be judged by...
Old 01-10-2016, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
18 months is too soon and it makes me feel a bit deflated like they are still more interested in the touring money than in making music. Because if they plan to tour in 18 months, I have to think that it's going to be a shortcut album. At this point, "EP" sounds like an expletive to me. I want a full album, fully fleshed out album.

Michele
But you have to remember that they've already put in a lot of work on the album. Touring in 18 months should be plenty of time for them to finish a full album.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:16 AM
dawn_amanda

Stevie was hardly on every song on the FM albums anyway. I would rather she was on it as much as possible but as this seems to have been her choice not to contribute up till now this time I can't complain! I am just excited to hopefully hear new music and see another tour...
Old 01-10-2016, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
If Say You Will is the bar that the new album
will be judged by...
In ten years SYW will stand out as a topheavy but basicly the only album that went for the artistic innovative stretch in their legacy since 75. Behind Tusk, that is.

Last edited by shackin'up; 01-10-2016 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I agree.Alot of cash for touring and a handful of cash from album sales.I think the scale is weighing in on the touring side.They could atlease try some new tunes to feel out the crowd to see if they like the new tunes.Thats what they should of done on this last tour.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
In ten years SYW will stand out as a topheavy but basicly the only album that went for the artistic innovative stretch in their legacy since 75. Behind Tusk, that is.
yes.

because this last one, if it ever comes out, won't be it. we've heard Lindsey saying numerous times he was going for fleetwood mac-y, middle-of-the-road tunes and gave up on pushing the boundaries with the mac. his EP songs, however great or interesting, are along those lines too.

just to think that "fleetwood mac-y" album could have been out by 2013 the latest, and they could have had another one in the works and almost done with Christine now......... what a waste of time and talent, all that waiting around for one or the other member to come to the table.

plus, most FM fans don't like SYW, and only just recently warmed up to Tusk. they are doing their current album for the majority.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is the album will drop in the summer and a fall tour will follow.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
My guess is the album will drop in the summer and a fall tour will follow.
that's my guess, too
Old 01-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

plus, most FM fans don't like SYW, and only just recently warmed up to Tusk. they are doing their current album for the majority.
Well, I wouldn't say that people "just recently warmed up to Tusk." I mean, it didn't happen in 1979, true, but it has been embraced for a good 20-30 years now.

Michele
Old 01-11-2016, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'm not saying I don't like Say You Will at all.
I like much of Lindsey's work on there except
his vocals seem a little tired on some of the songs.

Stevie's the culprit here. Except for Goodbye Baby,
I wouldn't miss hearing any of her songs on the album.

I rarely listen to the album anymore.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I'm not saying I don't like Say You Will at all.
I like much of Lindsey's work on there except
his vocals seem a little tired on some of the songs.

Stevie's the culprit here. Except for Goodbye Baby,
I wouldn't miss hearing any of her songs on the album.

I rarely listen to the album anymore.
I listen to SYW more than any other Fleetwood Mac album, with Tusk a close second. While objectively I would never say it's their *best* album, it's easily in my top three favourites for listening to. I usually skip Silver Girl and occasionally skip What's The World Coming To? but I pretty much like it as a whole.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking about this as I was driving today, I really hope if there is a new album Stevie is happy and actually sings the songs. If she uses her voice properly - like on Moonlight, Twisted and (especially) 24 Karat Gold, it's still a stunning instrument. If she just shows up and doesn't really try, her voice just sounds awful and bored.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well hey. Maybe Fleetwood Mac won't release a boundary pushing, innovative album like Tusk.

That leaves them room for contrived, high gloss material like Rumours.

I'm ok with that.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case